Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• 'super, smashing, great' - RIP Jim, loved Bullseye.
  • Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Was only watching Bullseye on Challenge TV the other day.

"Look at what you could have won!"
  • R.i.P. Jim
  • RIP, he got his BFH.
  • What a sad few days with Doddy, Hawking and now the great Jim Bowen moving on. RIP Jim, you were such a funny guy.
  • RIP, people in landlocked parts of the country winning a speedboat was amazing tv.
  • Sponsored links:

• The greatest TV programme ever on a late Sunday afternoon
  • Jim Bowen & the guy who kept the score - Tony or something - great double act! RIP
  • RIP. remember seeing him in The Oak before a Burnley game.
  • Oakster said:

Jim Bowen & the guy who kept the score - Tony or something - great double act! RIP

Tony Green...yes indeed. Lived in a converted railway station. Was told he had been ill for some time,
  • Don't forget Jim's greatest achievement: representing Charlton in Up For The Cup.

RIP Jim
  • edited March 2018
    Always seemed like a genuinely nice guy to me - was a great host on Bullseye - couldn't imagine anybody else doing as good a job. R.I.P. Jim - thanks for the happy memories.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2018
    Did Jim once represent Charlton in some tv quiz show thingy back in early seventies or did I dream that ?

RIP

Edit : sorry stig
  • Stig said:

Don't forget Jim's greatest achievement: representing Charlton in Up For The Cup.

RIP Jim

A minute's applause before kick off this Saturday.
  • Oh no. My youth is dying. Best Sunday afternoon TV ever. RIP Jim.

Let's have a look at what you could have won!
  • Stig said:

Don't forget Jim's greatest achievement: representing Charlton in Up For The Cup.

RIP Jim

Up for the Cup (ITV, 1980)
    Then Radio 2 DJ, and Fulham's current matchday announcer, David Hamilton presented what The Guardian called "the soccer fan club variety talent show", which for a few weeks in 1980 was a staple of ITV's peak Saturday early-evening schedules (Since you ask: 5.15pm Worzel Gummidge, 5.45pm Buck Rogers in the 25th Century, 6.45pm Up for the Cup). Its premise was simple: talented football supporters exhibit their skills, before being judged by some of their favoured team's players and managers. It climaxed with "the favourite variety acts from the Charlton and Bolton soccer fan clubs bidding for their own cup", which victorious Bolton duly carried away. Oh yes.
  • RIP Jim

I bet there are still loads of people in the Midlands trying to sell a speedboat.
  • shirty5 said:

Stig said:

RIP Jim

OR we could get some "roland out" flights made and throw darts on the pitch!
  • edited March 2018
    A funny man who could (a little like Tommy Cooper) get you in stitches with an exasperated, sarcastic look on his face.
    RIP....Jim.....RIP.
  • shirty5 said:

Stig said:

RIP Jim

OR we could get some "roland out" flights made and throw darts on the pitch!
    Super, smashing, great
  • RIP Jim
    You can't beat a bit of bully