Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jim Bowen

Comments

• Options
    My dad Dj'd at his 50th birthday party.

Rip
  • Options
    RIP Jim. Without Bullseye, Sunday’s in that era would have been even more boring !!
  • Options
    _MrDick said:

About 25 years ago, I met a girl at a party who came from Cumbria. Turns out her family founded Robertson’s Jams and were loaded and lived in a huge country house set in 20 acres. Anyway, the next door neighbour was Jim Bowen who lived about 2 miles away. Went up there for a weekend and when he heard I was up from London, he invited us round for tea and cake. Lovely bloke, as was his wife, made a stranger feel very welcome and yes, we had a game of darts. RIP Jim

Golly, that's a lovely story .
  • Options
    We have a friend who lives in Caton nr Lancaster and she says she did several charity functions with him, and he his a top bloke. Mind she supports Blackpool.
  • Options
    RIP Jim.
  • Options
    Noooooo. RIP Jim.
  • Options
    I actually thought he was dead all ready.
  • Options
    on Challenge at 11:00pm every weekday evening.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP

There's an amusing YouTube clip where he recounts the tale of an un-aired episode of Bullseye. If you have a spare 20 minutes and need a laugh then it's well worth it.
  • Options
    R.I.P. Jim, another good entertainer taken.
  • Options
    Used to love a bit of Bully.

RIP Jim.
  • Options
    Keep out of the black and in the red

sleep tight funny man
  • Options
    Was it really Bolton that beat us in the final? I thought it was Norwich.
  • Options

RIP

There's an amusing YouTube clip where he recounts the tale of an un-aired episode of Bullseye. If you have a spare 20 minutes and need a laugh then it's well worth it.

Watched it at work about 2 months ago, very funny.

RIP Jim
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    My Sunday afternoons in the early 80’s used to be spent playing football in the Goats Field off Days Lane then back to my nan and grandad’s up the road for tea with them and my mum and dad then we all watched bullseye. Very happy memories of that programme.
  • Options
    RIP. What a superb character!
  • Options
    Literally asked if he was still alive yesterday. RIP.
  • Options
    I know he had been very unwell. Very sad. RIP!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That's BFH for you, bus fare home . RIP Jim
  • Options
    Remember having a beer with him at the Valley Club before a game, was a great laugh, RIP Sir Jim, smashing fella
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

I actually thought he was dead all ready.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one!

RIP Jim
  • Options
    RIP...always liked a bit of Bully.
  • Options
    Stay out if the black and in the red. Nothing in this game for two in a bed
  • Options
    "So what do you do for a living Bert?"
    " I'm unemployed Jim"
    "Super,smashing,lovely"
  • Options
    I would have sworn that we won Up for the Cup
  • Options
    Top pro stand up. Even when famous on TV, still doing the church halls and clubs. Very funny.
  • Options
    RIP Jim
  • Options
    Premier League darts tonight ...

Peter Wright has got a picture of "Bully" painted on the side of his head in tribute to Jim Bowen.

Class touch.