Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton 0 Fleetwood 0 - Post Match Thoughts

Comments

• Options

I know there were only 15 people in the crowd but did any of the other 14 think Ajose was on side. He started behind the full back and out paced him?

I was in line and thought he was at least a yard offside.
  • Options
    Truly awful. We didn't create a single good chance and didn't trouble the keeper. Also probably the lowest crowd for over thirty years.
  • Options
    Good afternoon really considering our manager. We move another point closer to our new target of 70 points. A clean sheet to enjoy. And lots of choice where to sit in our rapidly emptying ground, Actually, it is all pointless, as our options for promotion are pretty much zero. It'll be funny if Robinson goes to Oxford, though Oxford fans will soon disagree. Finger crossed...
  • Options

I know there were only 15 people in the crowd but did any of the other 14 think Ajose was on side. He started behind the full back and out paced him?

I was in line and thought he was at least a yard offside.
    Ah that's a shame - looked on from the north upper but that could have been wishful thinking.

I actually thought Ajose looked fairly exciting when he came on.
  • Options
    We are playing borderline relegation quality football the last 3 months.
  • Options

clb74 said:

Be lucky if we see another win this season

That’s what I said coming home. No offence to the likes of Fleetwood, but if we can’t beat teams at home that haven’t won for over two months then I can’t see us beating anyone at the moment
    Wake me up when its over.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well I went not expecting much, and that was the only one of my expectations today lived up to.
    Good bits - the pigeon eating grass seed to the left of the goal in the 2nd half. The gallows humour.
    Yeah, that's about it.
    I don't think any of our players had a stinker, but they are not a team. JFC and Fosu tried. Aribo looked good for the first half but faded. Back 4 were OK, Pearce's mistake didn't lead to a goal because Fleetwood were woeful. Marginally better than Rochdale when we played them. Which is damning. We all know we're not getting anything from this season. My fear is if we don't have a new owner, next season will be a relegation season. We really ought to know what Roland is like by now. If he keeps KR (which he might) and we get the same form, League 2 beckons. Would you back any of our current side in a relegation fight?

• Options
    I was hoping Mascoll would get a game today at left back - is he injured? Plus with Dijksteel in midfield and maybe Umerah leading the line with Mag out on the wing. But no, we have too many square pegs in round holes with Sarr at left back, Konsa at right back and JFC never quite delivering in any position even though he looks like he is a good footballer. More of the same against Plymouth I suppose.
  • Options

Good afternoon really considering our manager. We move another point closer to our new target of 70 points. A clean sheet to enjoy. And lots of choice where to sit in our rapidly emptying ground, Actually, it is all pointless, as our options for promotion are pretty much zero. It'll be funny if Robinson goes to Oxford, though Oxford fans will soon disagree. Finger crossed...

Oxford are supposed to be announcing their new manager this coming Tues...so we will soon know.
  • Options
    QUIZ

4231 first half
    442 second half.

a) today's formations

OR

b) today's attendance
  • Options

QUIZ

4231 first half
    442 second half.

a) today's formations

OR

b) today's attendance

Sorry, been done already :-(
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

QUIZ

4231 first half
    442 second half.

a) today's formations

OR

b) today's attendance

True, but mine was spelt correctly :-)
  • Options
    edited March 2018

JamesSeed said:

QUIZ

4231 first half
    442 second half.

a) today's formations

OR

b) today's attendance

True, but mine was spelt correctly :-)
    Yes, but the other one's had 31 lols :-(
  • Options
    ha ha ha ha ha ha .........

just seen that KAG score twice for Crawley today & had got 6 goals for them since he joined in late January. In contrast we have score just once in 4 games.

Robinson is such a clown.
  • Options
    For just 30 minutes together I thought Zyro and Ajose linked up well
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Could be worse, 8 years ago this weekend we got stuffed 4-0 at Millwall. How time flies under Belgian owners
  • Options
    Decided not to go. Glad I did. Back to California tomorrow. We are utter tripe.

Just leave us Douche and Mr Scouser.
  • Options

Nine points from the last nine matches ... hard to see us anywhere but middle table even if - somehow - Robinson manages to pep them up a bit. On the last six-match form table we are 19th (Fleetwood are 23rd) which is a fair reflection of how we are playing.
  • Options
    When I looked at the team selection I sighed. Just more of the same.

The point is fans know the system they know exactly how we are going to play week after week. I know what to expect and I live 6000 miles away! And if everyone else knows, so do the opposition, making it easier for them.

Better teams close us down, lesser teams (if there is such a thing at the moment) let us play in our own half and conserve energy. 11 men behind the ball is perfect. They end up fresher than us during those last few minutes of the game and I wonder if this has anything to do with the number of late goals we conceded.

Robinson should have changed the system months ago, when results stopped going our way, when Fosu got injured and Holmes lost form. You need a flair player or two if this system is to work, and Mavididi showed this. Without that flair, unpredictability and originality you just get a plodding predictable performance.

I saw a decent team at the start of the season, I don't think I'm going to see the same at the Scunthorpe game, even though most of the players are the same.
  • Options

And yet some folks genuinely think we will get into the play offs. It’s fairly obvious to see we ain’t going anywhere with our current style of play.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    It is more than systems - we will all have different views but management is about finding what works - as fans it is enough for us to identify that what he has been bloody mindedly sticking to doesn't work so something else needs to be tried. Now it isn't a case of him not reacting to the obvious for a few extra games, the signs have been there for too long.

I can't believe he hasn't lost the dressing room. There are two ways you can do this, you can have players undermining you and slagging you off behind your back or you can have them not caring. There is certainly evidence of the latter when you study our performances. Yes, there have been distractions but a good manager should try to use them as motivations, not distractions. Robinson, it is time to go, please go now. You should have gone a few weeks ago. You are only making things worse, which at our club is quite an achievement!
  • Options
    edited March 2018

How crap is this league?

We're still only 5 points (plus GD) from a play-off spot despite a seriously poor run - 18 points from 19 matches.

Yep, almost half a season of what would normally be relegation form and we're on the fringes of the play-offs. Unbelievable, Jeff.

Today was as dire as it's been for some time. The players played with no confidence - no-one was prepared to take responsibility and have a shot, too often they preferred to pass it to someone else, not necessarily in a better position.

Once again we were far too slow going forward which allowed Fleetwood plenty of time for everyone to get back to defend. When Fleetwood counter-attacked they did it quickly and directly and almost profited from it; they didn't worry about holding up the ball on the edge of the box to boost their possession stats.

The only reason Professor Waffle is still in his job is because the club is operating in a vacuum. There's no leadership at the top, no-one to pull the trigger and put this donkey out of our misery.

They had loads of shots. The problem was that they didn’t go in the right direction. Shooting isn’t something we’ve been good at since Ricky left.