Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton 0 Fleetwood 0 - Post Match Thoughts

Comments

• Options

Someone's given me a 'flag' for my comment above....can I ask why? Whats offensive or abusive?

Must have been a slip of the finger by @Phil ?
  • Options

Sarr is a centre back playing left back because we don't have a fit left back - I think he is the least of our problems. Play three at the back and go for them if they are so negative Robbo!

We haven't got any wingbacks either!

• Options
    Well that was boring.

Never been so uninterested at a match. Was more intent in not slipping into a boredom coma than anything else.

Corners were shit - again
    Shooting was embarrassing. Either into row z or Churchinho-esque pea rollers
    Slow players
    Kept going backwards
    Predictable

Becoming like Groundhog Day
  • Options
    That was one of the worst games of football I have ever seen and I have been going since 1972

I am 56 years old and honestly I could have played in goal for either side and it still would have been 0-0. Fact.

Finally 9865 where were these people? Not sitting inside the stadium that’s for sure. The toilets must have been rammed. Strange I normally find them rather smokey and unpleasant.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    You were all lucky watching the match and freezing your doo dahs off. I went in search of black cardomens (and I ain’t talking about Henry’s attire) for 3 hours. Ohhh my legs ache ;o)
  • Options
    Gave it a miss today as I figured it would be a big letdown after a very enjoyable week at Cheltenham. Looks like I was right.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Sarr is a centre back playing left back because we don't have a fit left back - I think he is the least of our problems. Play three at the back and go for them if they are so negative Robbo!

I know but when you are desperate at the end of a game - Marshall on the right, Fosu on the left!
  • Options
    Had a tiny bit of hope that we'd scrape a play off place before today but now? Not a f'ing chance. March 17th and our season is over. Dead. I used to bemoan the fact that I live up north and couldn't make games but now it wouldn't cross my mind to travel to the Valley. It really isn't a place I'd want to spend my precious free time.

Roland, please, just sell our club and fuck off. We deserve so much more than you, you absolute shitbag.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fleetwood were awful but to be fair they probably looked more like scoring. Two really awful teams.

It's quite an achievement to get our team to play this badly. We have no attacking threat and just look toothless - to be this bad in L1 is amazing.

We are terrible to watch - our football is slow and predictable. Robinson has to go asap. I doubt many managers could get our team to play any worse.

An insult to the fans who had to sit through this shit.

• Options
    Have read most of the comments. Glad I didn’t go. Thing is, I’m not bothered that I don’t go anymore. Still want Charlton to win every week though
  • Options
    addick05 said:

JamesSeed said:

The only good thing to come out of today was that I can see 442 working with Zyro as target man. He won headers, held the bal up ok, and can actually pass. No more pissing about passing between the back four and Amos, just Hoof_it_up_to_Zyro-y ffs.
    It looked to me like it might actually work, with a bit of practice.
    Seriously.
    Our season re-ignited!

Seriously? Credited you with more intelligence. Of course your comment could be veiled sarcasm in which case I apologise.
    Sarcasm, yes, but with an element of truth. The true bit wasn't the last bit.
    I've had enough of the safety first sideways passing between the back four and Amos. Drives me nuts. By the time we've progressed up the pitch whoever we're playing are totally ready for our inevitable attempt to 'finesse' the ball up the wing. I've joined to 442 brigade, for home matches at least. I'd rather see the likes of Pearce hoofing it in Zyro's general direction, than losing it like he did today. If Fleetwood had been any good they would have made us pay for that.

Yes I did think Zyro offered more than Magennis today.

Fleetwood's right back looked a decent player.
  • Options

Complete cack. Lets not dress this up though. Its been like this for months and is getting worse and worse. Tarbuck is tactically inept and a one trick pony who has been sussed by oppo managers and his own players.

Struggling to remember the last time I had so little interest in a match I was at.

Essentially the club has hit the rocks and is grinding to a slow dearh. If the madman is still owner next season we will go down. No ifs no buts.

Every week I think we can't get any worse yet Karlshite and the boys manage it - it's a measure of how bad Fleetwood were that they failed to win. If they'd had a little more ambition I'm sure they would have won.
  • Options

Putin would get our players playing. They are a bunch of powder puffs!

Sad when the two most crunching tackles of the day came from Kaikai.
  • Options
    Southbank said:

One thing this game proved to me. We cannot play 4-2-3-1 because the only 10 we have is Reeves who looks and plays like a schoolboy, utterly ineffective. We looked better after he went off and we switched to 4-4-2.

And to think Robinson chased after him for months. Wanker
  • Options
    I wasn’t going to go then changed my mind. Had a nice beer with my mate but that was the end of the enjoyment. Two awful sides. Freezing cold. Robinson walking off applauding with a big smirk on his face to a merited shower of boos. Our players are no where near as good as we’ve conned ourselves into believing but they surely cannot be playing this way other than by instruction. I know we have injuries. I know the club is going to hell in a handcart under Rudolf Twoshits. I know from personal painful experience that it’s hard to perform well at work when your CEO is a Cnut and the company is going down the tubes. But none of that excuses the utter tripe that these professionals served up for 90 minutes today. If it was me and I was that pissed off with my job I’d have tried hard just to keep warm. We are a rank bad team in a piss poor league. Make no mistake, Fleetwood were absolutely weapons grade awful. And they should have won.

Season over. Yet another disappointment. I am running quickly out of fucks to give.
  • Options
    Well that was rubbish. Indeed Fleetwood will probably be thinking that they missed an opportunity to get all 3 points, being low in form themselves they probably went into this game thinking a point would be a good result (after our excellent win there in September) when we've really declined since then

Slow and predictable, Magennis ineffective again (I bet he plays better for N Ireland ), Fosu lively in open play but guilty of some terrible corners, JFC at least tried few attacking passes but miss hit most of them etc. Bauer was very good, Pearce good apart from one terrible mistake, Konsa and Sarr did ok but contributed nothing going forward.

I thought Ajose made a difference, with Page back next week, maybe 3 at the back (Sarr, Pearce, Bauer) with Page and Marshall as wing backs?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wasn't going but got talked into it !

Absolute rubbish, two very poor teams.

Karl really hasn't got a clue. If they practise corners at all I'd be very surprised couldn't beat the first defender all afternoon.

It seems as though Karl hadn't planned for them to put 11 behind the ball, otherwise he would have gone into the game with the team set up differently, more offensive.

Unless we get new owners, new manager and a new board no way will I renew next season.

• Options

Oggy Red said:

I know but when you are desperate at the end of a game - Marshall on the right, Fosu on the left!
    Nope, Muttley - I don't think so.

Marshall as a wingback might have worked as he's a grafter, strong runner and can tackle a bit (for a winger).
    But positionally he's not so defensively strong - and it wouldn't take the oppo long to work out his defensive vulnerabilities.

Fosu ..... might occasionally help his attacking game running from a deeper position free of heavy marking, but defensive discipline and tackling isn't what he's primarily in the team for. Best let him weave his tricks where he's got the chance to panic defenders and cause some damage.

Now if DaSilva was fit, he could be the perfect wing back and a move worth trying.

• Options

It was a joke - I actually think he did quite well and read the game well given his obvious limitations for playing the position.
  • Options
    With twenty minutes to go defensively strong ought to go out the window when you need 3 points!
  • Options
    sm said:

It was a joke - I actually think he did quite well and read the game well given his obvious limitations for playing the position.
    Sarr was okay - He's obviously not a LB but was the least of our problems.
  • Options

With twenty minutes to go defensively strong ought to go out the window when you need 3 points!

We did that against Oxford, 2-1 up in the 88th minute.

Defensively strong did go out of the window! :smile:

• Options
    edited March 2018
    sm said:

Someone needs to tell Sarr that he is too big to do Bambi on ice impersonations - entertaining though they may be.

Sarr done fine. He’s a centre half being asked to play out of position and did a solid job. They clearly had an aerial diagonal part to their play and I suspect they would have tried to max this even more if Dasilva was playing
  • Options
    blockquote class="Quote" rel="RedChaser">

Someone's given me a 'flag' for my comment above....can I ask why? Whats offensive or abusive?

Must have been a slip of the finger by @Phil ?

If that was me then indeed it was a mistake I’ve never flagged anyone!
  • Options
    I bet some of the players wished they'd got a move away in the January transfer window Josh,Konsa, Kashi etc,I bet Gobbo wants out as well, and you can't really blame them, they don't know when the takeover will happen, and so can't sign new contracts and plan their futures. If there is no new ownership by the summer then next season it'll be Jason Euell and the U23s playing in league one. Today the match looked like nobody cared, the players or the fans. Charlton are ATM a zombie football club, not dead but barely alive, we need Roland to tell us WTF is going on. The protest planned for Easter is much needed.