Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton 0 Fleetwood 0 - Post Match Thoughts

Comments

• Options

My thoughts- Mogodon's great picture in the match thread

At least the Fleetwood fans had the good sense to huddle together for warmth.
  • Options
    I can’t see more than a couple of thousand attending the next home game.
  • Options
    Manager deservedly booed off although the players were equally poor.

Sarr isn't a left back. He cleared the ball well enough but he can't get forward. Not a fan but don't blame him today.

Everything and everyone sooooo slow.

That Robinson said two days he couldn't play two up top and then went and did it beggars belief. He talks so much tripe.

We looked just poor when Ajose and Zyro came on having been terrible before although don't think Magennis or Marshal deserved to be hooked.

A team devoid of confidence, ideas and spark led by a manager with no clue how to change that.

Jason Euell's Red and White Army.

PS Fleetwood could have nicked that game but were equally bad. They will be happier with a point but the draw doesn't really help either team.

I guestimate under 7k in the ground.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Karl getting frustrated with our no nothing, pro 4-4-2 dinosaur football fans.

Cretin
  • Options

It was freezing cold, we couldn't score against a weak Fleetwood and both Millwall and Palace won away. No positives.

Apart from the clean sheet.
    I didn't have the brass neck to say that !
  • Options

We need a new owner, a new manager & a new squad.

Yea but apart from that do you think anything else needs to be changed?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

News fans, new ground, warmer climate
  • Options

Keep the name, maybe change the charlton, and drop the athletic
  • Options

My thoughts- Mogodon's great picture in the match thread

Picture says it all. Glad passed on this. Until the regime goes this will be the norm folks.
  • Options

All hope is not lost Yet in this piss poor league.

Oh yes it is.
  • Options
    I think the BBC stats say it all, but down to a little interpretation. 58% possession (about right) 17 shots (yeah, if you include every ball that landed between the corner flags and row Z), 2 on target (if this includes passing to their keeper).

WE didn't manage to trouble their goalkeeper at any time throughout the game, despite the superior possession. Desperation is creeping galloping into the side. It's going to take a bit more guile and a lot more bottle to turn this mess around. I can't see it happening, but hope upon hope to be proved wrong.
  • Options

Thanks trigger for trying to bring some light relief on another miserable valley experience. A new broom is long overdue.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    There is hope that we could put a run together as the league is poor as you say, if this stupid manager goes, but hard to see how that can happen in the circumstances! Roland doesn't want to pay him off!
  • Options
    Someone's given me a 'flag' for my comment above....can I ask why? Whats offensive or abusive?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Have had to wait until my fingers thawed before I could give my thoughts on the game.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

The only good thing to come out of today was that I can see 442 working with Zyro as target man. He won headers, held the bal up ok, and can actually pass. No more pissing about passing between the back four and Amos, just Hoof_it_up_to_Zyro-y ffs.
    It looked to me like it might actually work, with a bit of practice.
    Seriously.
    Our season re-ignited!

Seriously? Credited you with more intelligence. Of course your comment could be veiled sarcasm in which case I apologise.
  • Options
    Utter shite! Clueless and bereft of ideas.

We do the same shit week in and week out and continually play the ball back to Amos.
    KR is blagging a living and should do one however our so called ‘professionals’ on the pitch need to have a good look at themselves as well.

Let’s drift into a mid table finish and start over next season.
  • Options

Someone's given me a 'flag' for my comment above....can I ask why? Whats offensive or abusive?

Don't worry, Red. You only wrote what most people are thinking.

• Options
    Putin would get our players playing. They are a bunch of powder puffs!
  • Options

Shart-ton Pathetic
  • Options
    And he is more tactically aware than Robinson. Mind you so is Thora Hird and I think she died some years ago!
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Scoham said:

Karl getting frustrated with our no nothing, pro 4-4-2 dinosaur football fans.

Ask Karl why, with all those centrebacks in the squad, did he play that 4-4-2 nonsense in the 2nd half, instead of 3-5-2?
    :smile:

• Options
    Someone needs to tell Sarr that he is too big to do Bambi on ice impersonations - entertaining though they may be.