Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Will Ben Amos be fit next week ?

Just heard Robbo's inter view with Charlton Live .

He said Ben Amos needed pain killers for his back and is a doubt for next week . With Dillon Phillips out next week as well I guess we would need an emergency loan .

Comments

• Options
    What's up with Phillips? Still hungover from that video calling people baggy?
  • Options
    drewman said:

What's up with Phillips? Still hungover from that video calling people baggy?

Sprained his ankle about a week ago in training.

During the game yesterday I was thinking how if anything happened to Amos we'd be in big trouble. Oops. Maynard-Brewer seems to be highly regarded at the club but in pre-season he looked nowhere near ready to make the step up.
  • Options
    In truth - past caring. So we don't have a keeper and our only so-called 'striker' is on international duty. The season is over and we will probably finish where we are or maybe lower. We just have to pray that the new owners (if they indeed exist) will invest in the club - and at least attend a few bloody games - so we can at least mount a realistic attempt at promotion next season.
  • Options
    Think Dills training this week, so should be able to play if Ben can’t.
  • Options
    _nam11 said:

Think Dills training this week, so should be able to play if Ben can’t.

Failing which there's always @Leuth on a very short term contract :wink: .
  • Options
    Fancy a shift at #10 @RedChaser

And no, not as PM
  • Options
    _nam11 said:

Fancy a shift at #10 @RedChaser

And no, not as PM

I'd prefer LB but let me get back to you, I'll have to check if the nails in my leather studs are still legal first mate :wink: .
  • Options

Screw it, throw Maynard-Brewer in. Season's more or less over, at least an Academy debut would give us something to pay attention to

In addition, he's also an Aussie......
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He hurt his back in his warm up just before kick off but played through it .
  • Options

He hurt his back in his warm up just before kick off but played through it .

He did . Robbo said he needed painkillers at half time to keep going .
  • Options

Yes we are not in form.

And the Charlton Life award for Understatement of the Year goes to ...

18 points in 19 games - that is long-term shit form. It's only the first three months' results that has stopped this being a relegation battle.
  • Options

addick05 said:

In truth - past caring. So we don't have a keeper and our only so-called 'striker' is on international duty. The season is over and we will probably finish where we are or maybe lower. We just have to pray that the new owners (if they indeed exist) will invest in the club - and at least attend a few bloody games - so we can at least mount a realistic attempt at promotion next season.

The season us not over
    We are 5 points behind playoffs with 10 games to play.

Yes we are not in form
    But form changes

All it takes is a win to give the lads confidence, big 3 games coming up,
    Beat Plymouth at home at we have taken to points down to 2, then away to struggling Northampton before another massive home game against Rotherham.

I am not saying it's easier but went can't say the season has finished already when we are 5 points away and 10 to play.
    We had a win at MK Dons a few weeks ago and did we 'kick on'? No. Just where do you think this amazing turn round in form is coming from? Most of the other teams around us show no signs of falling away whereas our non-existent forward line couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo! I truly wish that I could share your optimism, but sadly I can't.
  • Options

addick05 said:

The season us not over

Yes we are not in form
    But form changes

Beat Plymouth at home at we have taken to points down to 2, then away to struggling Northampton before another massive home game against Rotherham.

I am not saying it's easier but went can't say the season has finished already when we are 5 points away and 10 to play.
    Out of curiosity did you go up to Blackpool last Tuesday? I did and having seen that car crash of a 90 mins our season is well and truly over.
  • Options
    addick05 said:

addick05 said:

The season us not over

Yes we are not in form
    But form changes

We had a win at MK Dons a few weeks ago and did we 'kick on'? No. Just where do you think this amazing turn round in form is coming from? Most of the other teams around us show no signs of falling away whereas our non-existent forward line couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo! I truly wish that I could share your optimism, but sadly I can't.
    Scunthorpe in 5th 1 win in 12

Plymouth in 6th I will give u are in great form

Posh in 7th 5 game without a win before there 3 wins in a row and lost on Saturday

Portsmouth in 8th 3 wins in 11.

Wouldn't exactly say the teams above us show no sign of falling away
  • Options
    If Amos played on Saturday with a bad back, it certainly didn't show as he was as solid as usual
  • Options

addick05 said:

addick05 said:

The season us not over

Yes we are not in form
    But form changes

Scunthorpe in 5th 1 win in 12

Plymouth in 6th I will give u are in great form

Posh in 7th 5 game without a win before there 3 wins in a row and lost on Saturday

Portsmouth in 8th 3 wins in 11.

Wouldn't exactly say the teams above us show no sign of falling away
    B'burn, Shrewsbury, Wigan, Rotherham and Plymouth are well away from us. If we lose at Plymouth on Saturday they will be 7 points ahead. We still have to play Rotherham, Shrewsbury, Scunthorpe, Portsmouth and Blackburn! What an easy run in! Sorry mate but you're deluding yourself. I think there will only be one play-off place to go for and I just can't see us getting that. As I said, mid-table finish, then please God, new owners - probably new manager - and we go again next season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    what is the point in scraping 6th to only get beaten, which we will, im more pissed off that i have arranged to go to pompey, northampton and wimbledon the only pleasure will be ticking a few grounds off.
  • Options

what is the point in scraping 6th to only get beaten, which we will, im more pissed off that i have arranged to go to pompey, northampton and wimbledon the only pleasure will be ticking a few grounds off.

This 100%.

• Options
    ross1 said:

According to KR he injured his back during pre-match warm up picking the ball out of the net, surely he should be used to doing that :wink:

Prob don't do a lot of that training at the training ground,can't see many of our mob hitting the target...:(
  • Options
    ross1 said:

According to KR he injured his back during pre-match warm up picking the ball out of the net, surely he should be used to doing that :wink:

Havn't you heard of RSI?
  • Options

addick05 said:

The season us not over

Yes we are not in form
    But form changes

Sad thing is I couldn't really give a f*ck if we get another point all season. Zero interest in the club I once loved and it will stay that way until we get new owners.
  • Options
    In the same Dr Kish article it mentions Solly is unlikely to play again this season.
  • Options

In the same Dr Kish article it mentions Solly is unlikely to play again this season.

Fully expecting that going by the other News Shopper etc. articles that have been written since Blackpool
  • Options

addick05 said:

The season us not over

Yes we are not in form
    But form changes

As I said season is not over.

With Lee in Charge
    Games in hand

Play offs still on
  • Options

addick05 said:

The season us not over

Yes we are not in form
    But form changes

As I said season is not over.

With Lee in Charge
    Games in hand

Play offs still on
    Need to revisit after the Rotherham game.

Our season has been dominated by stop / start performances, this was the first of 12-cup finals