Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Oxford appoint Robinson as head coach

Comments

• Options
    WOWEE
  • Options
    So when do AFC next play Oxford. ..
  • Options
    When the betting sites first had him as favourite he came out and said he wasn't interested. Lies al along or did it change?
  • Options
    Failed at MK, failed at Charlton. But gets on with owners who like yes men. Definition of lunacy is doing the same thing and expecting different results.
  • Options
    Is his press conference just getting into full swing?
  • Options

When the betting sites first had him as favourite he came out and said he wasn't interested. Lies al along or did it change?

Hmm, pants on fire ?
  • Options
    Robinson says it was a ‘no brainer’

...you said it mate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

To be honest, working for Duchatelet ties both hands behind your back before you even start. I have been disapointed how easy it has been to stop us but I can't blame Robbo for us not having a balanced squad. It is what Duchatelet does. Every window under him there has been an excuse for not having a balanced squad. A fool who knows nothing about football, especially in this country - but a dangerous one because he thinks he does. Duchatelet's conduct has been a disgrace from beginning to end and despite his limitations, I wish Robbo well.

Totally agree with this, think KR did a reasonable job within a very restricted environment. Took an opportunity to move to a stable club rather than wait for the inevitable new owner's replacement.

• Options
    Shocked
  • Options
    edited March 2018
  • Options
    Meh ..
  • Options

Robinson says it was a ‘no brainer’

...you said it mate.

No, he said he was a no brainer.
  • Options
    Took on a poisoned chalice and given limited resources by the owner but aided his own downfall by rigidly sticking to a formation that didn't work.
  • Options
    Do we play Oxford again this season?
  • Options

No, drew away lost at home I think.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RedChaser said:

No, drew away lost at home I think.
    Yes lost 3-2 with two Oxford goals in added time even though they had no strikers on the pitch at the time. Classic Robbo.
  • Options
    Sorry to see Karl leave. The elderly c*** never backed Karl once and he did ok with his hands and feet tied. All the best to him at Oxford.

Ok I will be elderly one day but I will never be a c***.
  • Options
    I wish him well
  • Options
    Echo what most have said, good luck Karl.
  • Options
    Sage said:

I wish him well. With Oxford having a new and ambitious owner, that clearly is happy to appoint him, he is sure to get the backing he desperately wanted whilst in charge of us.

I can see him doing well next season as he will be allowed to spend and bring in the players he wants to.

For those at the Bromley Addicks meeting back in November, you may remember Karl saying out of the other teams in this division that aren’t at the top, he really likes Oxford.

Once the chance came up and they were taken over, I think Robinson was always going to try and get that role as best as he could.

Sign of the times we are in when a Charlton manager resigns to go to Oxford United. However, that’s where we are. It’s now up to the new regime here and the management staff and players to get us back to where we should be.

Overall, good luck to him. His passion and hard work cannot he doubted during his time here through difficult circumstances, even if he did get warned, I can see why it would have been appealing to him.

Now we must move on and move forward. Football is a game where standing still is not an option. We have moved backwards far too much over the last 4 years. Progress is now on the agenda.

This. Good luck to him. I don't think he was good, but I think we'd be in a far worse position if he hadn't been here the last year.

He's still very young. I hope that he continues to learn in his trade (though I have my doubts). So many guys who become managers young stagnate and struggle to find ways to learn about the game and improve themselves because they are the gaffer, they are the boss. England is desperately short of English coaches who look to play football and press when out of possession, and he has some of the moorings to be a decent one.
  • Options
    Do we get any compensation if they've clearly tapped him up or do we lodge a complaint with the Football League?
  • Options

Well I’m gonna put it out there

As someone who is going through the whole redundancy/look after your family thing myself at the moment I wish Karl all the best. He is a decent bloke and manager and doesn’t deserve all the shit he gets on social media

He clearly was gonna get canned so he has tried to look after his wife and kids financially and so he should

Not the most tactically astute manager we have ever had but also not an arsehole, I wish him all the best as I do JJ and Bow

Exactly what I said on the other Robbo to Oxford thread. Just gone through this stuff myself and have come out the other side with a package and an early pension. But I know what you’re going through. It’s not nice and I wish you all the best and good luck
  • Options
    Good luck to him.

Best for all concerned.