Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Players Marks: Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle

Comments

• Options
    Amos: 7 Crucial save at 1-0
    Dijkstreel: 7 Left exposed at times but made some excellent tackles. Good competition for Solly
    Pearce: 8 Excellent game, good partnership with Bauer
    Bauer: 8 As Pearce
    Page: 8 Tired towards the end but overall a solid performance. Brilliant goal
    Forster-Caskey: 8 Formation suited him, controlled midfield
    Reeves: 8 Probably one of his best games so far
    Aribo: 9 MOM, a real prospect, I hope we can keep him for another year
    Fosu: 7 A bit greedy at times, seems a little lightweight, but an excellent prospect
    Ajose: 8 Unlucky not to score, worked hard.
    Zyro: 8 I'm a fan of Magennis but Zyro is an upgrade on him now he's getting some fitness
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Amos: 7.5 Only because he had so little to do. I don't think any of us would have conceeded today in goal! (edit - seen he made a great save in first half - I thought he didnt touch it at the time - raised score by a point)
    Dijkstreel: 7.5 Very composed- when his touch let him down a couple of times his strength allowed him to recover.
    Pearce: 7.5 Solid
    Bauer: 7.5 Solid
    Page: 8 Very involved down the left, great goal -extra half point for the goal
    Reeves: 8 All over the place, but in a good way in this game. PLaying like that, you can see what the big deal in signing him was- he sort of joins the team together.
    Forster-Caskey: 7.5 Very involved - our midfield looked a division above theirs ability wise
    Aribo: 9 MOTM Best I have seen him play
    Fosu: 7.5 Not his total best but still pretty good, I thought should have had a penalty and came within a whisker with a curling effort
    Ajose: 8 Very pleased for the lad - showed he has an all round game and was an important cog in the wheel - unlucky not to score.
    Zyro: 8.5 Quality, won headers, good touch. Good header for the goal - though he should have scored in the second half.

I thought ref was terrible - their number 19 was as dirty as they come. Giving them a free kick when he went into Bauer in the first half was as ridiculous as you get. the 19s arms were all over the place and he played the man rather than the ball - the only time he got pulled up for it was when he did it in front of the lino who gave the foul. Somebody should tell league one refs that the game is football.

Why were we so different? - I think our tempo was much quicker than I have seen it all season and playing Zyro and Ajose definitely made a difference. Well done Bowyer and JJ.
  • Options

Amos: 7
    Dijkstreel: 8
    Pearce: 8
    Bauer: 8
    Page: 8.5
    Forster-Caskey: 8
    Reeves: 8
    Aribo: 8
    Fosu: 7
    Ajose: 8
    Zyro: 9
    Marshall: n/a
    Sarr: n/a
    Maloney: n/a
  • Options
    Amos: 7 very solid

Dijkstreel: 7.5 wholehearted, physical. Feel like he got away with a few things - hardly cultured

Pearce: 7.5 led well

Bauer: 7 half a mark off because I had to explain to my Uncle what the F in BFG stood for. He is quite friendly, though.

Page: 7.5 looked like a good replacement for the guy who's been our best player this year. Didn't get injured. Hurray!

Forster-Caskey: 7 quietly effective. Keeps the midfield ticking over

Reeves: 6 Not great on the ball, but worked hard of it.

Aribo: 8.5 Really classy. Wins the ball, uses it very well.

Fosu: 8.5 played behind the front two in a 4-3-1-2 and was at the heart of much of what we did going forward. Not everything came of, but very creative.

Ajose: 8.5. Just nicks MOM from Joe and Tariq. An absolute revelation. Fast, creative, and exciting to watch. We have so missed having a forward like him.

Zyro: 6.5. Did ok. Grew into the game after a slow start. Missed some decent chances. Glad we don't over-use him as a target.
  • Options
    Stream

Dijkstreel: 7.5
    Pearce:8
    Bauer: 7
    Page: 7.5
    Forster-Caskey: 7
    Reeves: 7
    Aribo: 8.5
    Tosu:7
    Ajose: 7.5
    Zyro: 8

• Options
    Amos: 6.5
    Pearce: 7.5
    Page: 8
    Forster-Caskey: 7.5
    Reeves: 6
    Aribo: 7
    Zyro: 8.5
  • Options
    >Amos 7
    Dijksteel 8.5 so calm and assured. Lots of swagger. Exceptional prospect
    Pearce 8 captains performance. Some crunching tackles. Excellent leadership
    Bauer 8 proper ding dong with the ginger lad. Great competitor
    Page 8 impressive. Best we’ve seen from him and beauty of a goal
    Forster-Caskey 8 everywhere today. Lovely stuff
    Reeves 6.5 won 3 or 4 tackles. Ok but there’s so much more. I think he’ll be great next season.
    Aribo 9 MOM today. Was everywhere, won tackles, cracking footwork and an assist. Awesome today
    Fosu 7 bit greedy but undeniably a threat
    Ajose 8 hold my hands up. Best I’ve seen from him and he looked up for it. More please Nicky
    Zyro 8 lovely touches and great for someone to ping a ball to him and it stick. Brought others in to play, intelligent running and lovely goal. Could be crucial in the run in

Kaikai, Marshall and Mavididi still to play a part.

Josh and Da silva still on the scene

Kashi might be seen again

We can do this boys....we really can
  • Options
    Amos: 8.5 Top save at 1-0 if that went in could have been a different game
    Dijkstreel:8.5 If he continues to improve on todays performance he'll be getting 10s.
    Definitely should keep his place.
    Pearce:9 What a captains performance. Outstanding.
    Bauer: 9 Excellent
    Page: 9 Brilliant goal and worked hard down the left.
    Forster-Caskey: 8.5 Excellent
    Reeves: 8.5 Best ive seen him play
    Aribo:9 Strong committed creative and skilful
    Fosu:8.5 Works tirelessly and gives oposition nightmares
    Ajose: 9 So pleased for this guy, 2 great attempts at goal and thoroughly deserved the applause when he went off.
    Zyro: 9 Great presence and strength, proper forward.

Bowyer 10 at last someone who can get the team working and firing on all cylynders for 90minutes!!!
    Jackson 10 love him.
    MOM THE WHOLE LOT OF THEM!!!!
  • Options
    Amos: 7 Great save to keep us in the lead at 1-0.
    Dijksteel: 8.5 Shaky start but grew into the game. Put cross in for Pages goal.
    Pearce: 7 Some strong tackles.
    Bauer: 8 Didn’t give their forward a sniff and was all over him like white on rice.
    Page: 7.5 Pagey rocket.
    Forster-Caskey: 8 Did the dirty work and nullified their midfield.
    Reeves: 6.5 Better but still gave the ball away a few times.
    Aribo: 7.5 Worked his nuts off and also won the ball back a few times.
    Fosu: 6.5 Not his best game but still a threat going forward.
    Ajose: 7 Worked well with Zyro up front and unlucky to see his sharp shot saved.
    Zyro: 8 led the line brilliantly, deserved his goal and one lovely sliding tackle that was harshly given a free kick.
  • Options
    Dijkstreel: 7.5 (Great recovery tackles to make up for his own mistakes. Needs to work on taking throws though!)
    Page: 8 (extra mark for the goal)
    Fosu: 7.5
    Zyro: 8 (will be disappointed to drag his two second half shots wide)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dijkstreel: 7
    Bauer: 7.5
    Aribo: 7.5
    Ajose: 7
    Zyro 7.5
  • Options

Dijkstreel: 7.5 (Great recovery tackles to make up for his own mistakes. Needs to work on taking throws though!)
    Page: 8 (extra mark for the goal)
    Zyro: 8 (will be disappointed to drag his two second half shots wide)

On Zyro. Yes, should have scored one of them - cost him MOTM for me.
  • Options
    Reeves: 7.5
    Aribo:7.5

Maloney: n
  • Options
    Amos:7
    Pearce: 7
    Page:7.5
    Aribo:7.5
    Fosu: 6.5
    Zyro: 7.5

So much better, we actually looked like a football team again trying to win a game. Massive well done to Zyro and Ajose. Top stuff
  • Options
    Dijkstreel:8
    Pearce: 7.5
  • Options
    Dijkstreel: 8.5 superb MOM (no surprise I've thought he should be playing all season)
    Pearce: 8 commanding captain's performance, one of his best, if not his best Charlton game
    Bauer: 7.5 excellent strong game
    Page: 7.5 extra half for the great goal, but also had his best game for Charlton by a long way
    Forster-Caskey: 8 excellent one of his best if not best Charlton game, perhaps because he didn't have to play sidewards
    Reeves: 7 his best Charlton game, he was even running to the end
    Aribo: 7.5 arguably his best Charlton game
    Fosu: 7 played well
    Ajose: 7.5 did everything right, worked hard, deserved a goal, best game for Charlton by a country mile
    Zyro: 7.5 best game for Charlton played really well.

Bowyer/Jacko 10

KR leaves and all our players are outstanding. I wonder why ?
  • Options
    Pearce: 7
    Forster-Caskey: 9
  • Options

Dijkstreel: 9
  • Options
    Dijkstreel: 8.5
    Page: 7
    Aribo: 9
    Zyro: 7
  • Options
    Amos - little to do 7
    Dijsteel -8 Watched him from the lower West take the ball from their attacker at least 3 times in the second half. Would be difficult to replace him with a fit Solly.
    Pearce - 8 Immense in defense. Played a real captains role.
    Bauer - 8 great partnership with Pearce.
    Page - 8 Didn't realise he was so good.
    Foster- Caskey 7.5 best I've seen him play.
    Reeves- 8 covered every blade of grass. His best game for us.
    Aribo - 7.5 Improving as he gets more game time.
    Fosu - 7.5 Always dangerous.
    Ajose - 8 Talking to Plymouth supporters after the game and they thought he was our best player.
    Zyro - 8 Real center forward player . Held the ball up and played intelligent passes and scored a goal.
    Our returning internationals/injured players may find it difficult to get back into the team.
    Early days but encouraging.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What I love about this game is that there are so many varying opinions about who was MOTM.
    To me that sums it ups-Today they were all MOTM.
    COYR
  • Options

I started this thread at half time, will my happiness remain for the next 50 minutes?
    You know what to do

Amos: 8
    Dijkstreel:9
    Pearce:8

• Options
    It is true that you can usually pick out a player or two who was a bit below their best, but today they genuinely (with no bias) all played well.
  • Options
    Reeves: 8
  • Options

I started this thread at half time, will my happiness remain for the next 50 minutes?
    You know what to do

Dijkstreel: 8.5

• Options
    edited March 2018
    Amos: 6.5 Little to do but what he had he did competently other than that first half free kick!

Dijkstreel: 7.5 Grew into the game after a shaky start. I think midfield may prove to be his best position ultimately but a more than useful stand in for Solly too on today's form.

Pearce: 7 Solid Pearce performance. At this level a player we've missed and well done on two tunnel jumps!

Bauer: 7 Solid and managed to stay on the right side of a referee who looked to be hunting him down with an early yellow.

Page: 7 Lasted well given his lack of games through long term injury and what a cracker of a goal!

Forster-Caskey: 7 Did the water carrying bit really well. Knocked off 0.5 for his awful corners. Three or four failed to beat the first defender.

Reeves: 6 No criticism of his effort and commitment today but for me his impact is negligible. Not sure what he brings or is meant to bring.

Aribo: 7 Stuck to his task well and worked hard without really producing any outstanding individual moments.

Fosu: 8 Shades man of the match for me because of his persistence. He comes back for more even when the oppo are kicking him and offers a real outlet with his ability to draw a free kick. Frightens defenders too and gets me on the edge of my seat. Not many Charlton players have managed that of late.

Ajose: 7.5 Has he got a twin? The bloke who played today worked hard an offered a real goal threat. By far the best I've seen from him.

Zyro: 7.5 Took his goal clinically and could have scored a couple more. Grew into the game and looks a decent player. Giving Robinson the benefit of the doubt maybe he wasn't match fit when he joined but one wonders why we haven't seen more of him given our lack of goals.
  • Options

Amos: -7
    Dijkstreel:-7.5
    Pearce:-7.5
    Bauer: -8
    Page: -7
    Forster-Caskey: -8
    Reeves: -7
    Aribo:-7.5
    Fosu:-7
    Ajose: -8
    Zyro: -8

• Options
    Amos 7.5 one great save was all he really had to do, but he did it.
    Dijksteel 7.5 out of position an awful lot, but overall some nice stuff
    Pearce 8 Lead by example, some great tackles and looked like a leader out there.
    Bauer 8 really good today alongside pearce
    Page 8 best i've seen him play even besides his goal - add that, what a goal!
    Forster-Caskey 7.5 great game today but had to knock him half a point, corners, practice them for gods sake man it's driving me nuts!
    Reeves 7 average
    Aribo 8 Very close for MOM for me today
    Fosu 7.5 if he could improve his decision making he'd be in the championship as a regular by now.
    AJose 7.5 warming to him, still doesn't look part of the team, end of the games he's off and down the tunnel without speaking to another charlton player.
    Zyro 8 starting to show his quality at this level, I hope they stick with him and rest Josh for a few games.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Amos: 7, great save 1st half
    Dijkstreel: 7.5, promising but raw
    Pearce: 8, Rock
    Bauer: 7.5, Rock
    Page: 7.5, Classy return
    Forster-Caskey: 9 (MotM), league one Pirlo
    Reeves: 7, tried hard
    Aribo: 9 (MotM), majestic, baller
    Fosu: 6.5, quiet game, nice not to rely on him
    Ajose: 7, worked hard, deserved a goal