Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Northampton (A)

Comments

• Options

Bit confused here, never ordered online before always buy on the day, I live in Nottingham so don't get want the coach ticket, is the family stand the right ticket for away fans?

I think away fans have a section along the side which they class as the 'Family Stand'. As that's the only option available on the website, I assume all tickets behind the goal have sold out.
  • Options

Redrobo said:

Redhenry said:

Can u buy on the day?

If there are tickets left you can, but you do not buy at turnstiles. You buy from their main stand so you would need to get there early.

Looking forward to this one. Got my tickets on the day they went on general sale as sons birthday treat and staying over.
    Treat?!? :wink:
    Glad he's not my dad.
  • Options

any particular pubs to aim for haven't been before so don't know where to head.

It's my favourite away day, living in Northampton... in terms of pubs, depends what you're after, turn right out of the station and you've got:
    - The Thomas A Becket
    - The Foundry Tavern
    - Working Mens Club
    - Sevens - probably the best of the bunch here

In that order within a 10 minute walk of the station, from Sevens you're looking at a 20 minute walk up the hill to the Sixfields complex which has got a couple of pubs, fast food, etc.

Left out of the station and you're heading back towards town where there are a number of pubs, and various taxi ranks.

If you were after real ale, the Albion Brewery is a 10-15 minute walk from the station, and The Malt Shovel offers a 6-10 real ales five minutes further along.

Enjoy.

• Options
    Sir_Clive said:

any particular pubs to aim for haven't been before so don't know where to head.

It's my favourite away day, living in Northampton... in terms of pubs, depends what you're after, turn right out of the station and you've got:
    - The Thomas A Becket
    - The Foundry Tavern
    - Working Mens Club
    - Sevens - probably the best of the bunch here

In that order within a 10 minute walk of the station, from Sevens you're looking at a 20 minute walk up the hill to the Sixfields complex which has got a couple of pubs, fast food, etc.

Left out of the station and you're heading back towards town where there are a number of pubs, and various taxi ranks.

If you were after real ale, the Albion Brewery is a 10-15 minute walk from the station, and The Malt Shovel offers a 6-10 real ales five minutes further along.

Enjoy.

I won't be going this year, but yes there are some decent ale pubs in Northampton. Went to the Albion last season to try the Phipps which was very nice but surprisingly empty. The Malt Shovel was decent too
  • Options

Bit confused here, never ordered online before always buy on the day, I live in Nottingham so don't get want the coach ticket, is the family stand the right ticket for away fans?

I think away fans have a section along the side which they class as the 'Family Stand'. As that's the only option available on the website, I assume all tickets behind the goal have sold out.
    Ok thanks for your help pal, booked the family stand
  • Options
    700 now remaining...
  • Options
    Got my two. Only an hour from me. Looking forward to it.
  • Options

Can you buy tickets on the day??

I might go if you can
  • Options

Can you buy tickets on the day??

I might go if you can
    I think they will most likely hold back whatever doesn't get sold today probably 200-300 i reckon, as long as you get there early and check with them maybe Thursday to confirm there will be plenty left. Should be fine, fingers crossed.
  • Options

Yes, there are 2 stands , one behind the goal & some seats in the South Stand. I ordered mine on-line on Friday & got them today. We are behind the goal but I think I would have preferred the South Stand. The on-line ticketing system does allow you just to click on "tickets" and this will give you whatever they have left.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Annoyed to be missing this.
  • Options
    2 booked, looking forward to this ground No70 for me
  • Options

Redrobo said:

Redhenry said:

Can u buy on the day?

If there are tickets left you can, but you do not buy at turnstiles. You buy from their main stand so you would need to get there early.

Looking forward to this one. Got my tickets on the day they went on general sale as sons birthday treat and staying over.
    Glad he's not my dad.
    How very dare you!

The optimism of youth plus he loves to go to new grounds. He joined Burnley supporters club so he can get tickets for their games. Went to WHU to watch the thrashing of them which was good fun and he is now nagging to go to Watford v Burnley. Will always be Charlton first though!
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Redrobo said:

Redhenry said:

Can u buy on the day?

Glad he's not my dad.
    How very dare you!

The optimism of youth plus he loves to go to new grounds. He joined Burnley supporters club so he can get tickets for their games. Went to WHU to watch the thrashing of them which was good fun and he is now nagging to go to Watford v Burnley. Will always be Charlton first though!
    We'll be playing West Ham next season.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    My mate went to The Valley early afternoon today and was told we'd sold out.
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

Was told only Family Stand left. Sold out for adults unaccompanied by children.
  • Options
    I have 3 spares if anyone is interested.
  • Options

Around 600 seats remaining and they are priced at:

Adults: £22

Over 65s: £18

U21s: £18

U18s: £10

U7s: FREE

If we all chipped in for a time machine we could get into Northampton for free and stop Roland Duchatelet buying Charlton!
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

I’d strongly suggest this was false mate

• Options
    Girlfriend is away on a hen do so was debating driving for this, but if we're sold out then I guess I'll stream on iFollow with a cider and save myself the journey!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Simonsen said:

Not false. Went there myself and this is what I was told. Family Stand only. Took my phone number as club was asking for more.

Unless this is another example of club staff’s incompetence.
  • Options
    Tom_Hovi said:

Simonsen said:

Not false. Went there myself and this is what I was told. Family Stand only. Took my phone number as club was asking for more.

Fair enough @Tom_Hovi but it doesn’t really add up to me. So are you saying you tried to buy a ticket and was refused?

We had 600 left yesterday. If numbers were dwindling I would have expected them to have put out some notification via the various comms outlets. Have you been advised of anything @Ollywozere ?

• Options

Tom_Hovi said:

Simonsen said:

Fair enough @Tom_Hovi but it doesn’t really add up to me. So are you saying you tried to buy a ticket and was refused?

We had 600 left yesterday. If numbers were dwindling I would have expected them to have put out some notification via the various comms outlets. Have you been advised of anything @Ollywozere ?

Yes, I went into the Club Shop around 2:30 today, asked for a ticket and was told none available. Only Family Stand and as I don’t possess any children was told I couldn’t have one. She took my number as “We’ve asked for more tickets but won’t know until morning if they’re letting us have any.”
  • Options
    Bizarre. Cheers @Tom_Hovi
  • Options
    Was doing it for @Simonsen as he couldn’t get one online. It did seem a bit odd given the information on here but I could hardly call her a liar.
  • Options
    Tom_Hovi said:

Tom_Hovi said:

Simonsen said:

Yes, I went into the Club Shop around 2:30 today, asked for a ticket and was told none available. Only Family Stand and as I don’t possess any children was told I couldn’t have one. She took my number as “We’ve asked for more tickets but won’t know until morning if they’re letting us have any.”
    Silly when you think not too many taking young kids away.
  • Options
    Is the family stand a bit like that nuetral zone at Fulham? Never been to Northampton before, I guess its along one of the sides
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

Is the family stand a bit like that nuetral zone at Fulham? Never been to Northampton before, I guess its along one of the sides

I guess so but they’d only sell me a ticket if I had a child. I suppose I could’ve rented one for the day!
  • Options
    Tom_Hovi said:

SE7toSG3 said:

I guess so but they’d only sell me a ticket if I had a child. I suppose I could’ve rented one for the day!
    You can tag onto me & mine if you cant get a ticket elsewhere Steve
  • Options
    Why didn’t you buy a tkt for you and a child and go on your own.