Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The playoff race

Comments

• Options
    After the Robinson debacle of the last few weeks months the players have been able to go out under Bowyer and Jackson without too much pressure and expectation.

If we continue on a good run pressure will build and how our players (and inexperienced management) are able to handle that will be key.

The big positive is that, as things stand, top six is in our own hands.
  • Options
    An unexpected Walsall win today would do nicely
  • Options
    Shows how crap this league is, we could have easily took 9 points from Blackpool, Fleetwood and Doncaster and be comfortably in the play offs. Instead we fluffed it and are still imo the favourites for the 5th slot.

Wigan win the league, Rovers second.

play offs: Shrewsbury, Rotherham, Us and Plymouth. Some season for The Salops, most people wouldn't have been surprised to see their position swapped with a side like MK Dons
  • Options
    If it was that 4...Us,Shrewsbury,Rotherham and Plymouth, i could only see Plymouth and us selling all of our 35k tickets, how many would Rotherham and Shrewsbury take?
  • Options
    Even with only 8 games to go its far too early to say. We have 6-pointers against 3 teams currently vying for the play-offs & so not until after the Pompey game will I be able to think about the permutations.
  • Options

Even with only 8 games to go its far too early to say. We have 6-pointers against 3 teams currently vying for the play-offs & so not until after the Pompey game will I be able to think about the permutations.

Not until after the Rochdale game will I be able to think about the permutations :smile:
  • Options

I just had a quick glance at Walsall v Portsmouth playing right now.

After 24 minutes it's 0-0 ..... but Walsall with 56% possession, haven't yet had a shot or a corner.

And we thought Karl Robinson had gone to Oxford.

• Options
    Walsall have had 1 shot so far.
  • Options
    Bollox, Pompey 1 up
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2018
    For all their pressure, Pompey at last go ahead in the 79th minute.
    As it stands, Pompey now level points with us.

We didn't really want that.

• Options
    Still 0-1 Pompey.

C'MON Walsall, you pile of shite.

• Options
    1-0 pompey FT

level on points with us
  • Options
    Plenty of twists and turns to come.
    Next game against Rotherham is massive
  • Options
    Ahead of Pompey now, due to our better gd after the 4 goals yesterday
  • Options
    The pathetic away defeat (and the 3 goal deficit) at Peterborough is looking more & more critical now. Even a point there would have made things look a lot better.

I hate KR !!!!
  • Options
    We are well placed as long as we can maintain this form.
  • Options

If it was that 4...Us,Shrewsbury,Rotherham and Plymouth, i could only see Plymouth and us selling all of our 35k tickets, how many would Rotherham and Shrewsbury take?

We wouldn't sell our allocation.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

10,000 season ticket holders & 25,000 glory boys...........
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Uboat said:

Depends how many will boycott Wembley, if Roland hasn't sold the club.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Uboat said:

Did we sell out in 1998? The Sunderland fans didn't think so.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Oggy Red said:

Uboat said:

Yes and No.

We sold out but groups of Sunderland fans were in our end.

• Options

Uboat said:

Oggy Red said:

Uboat said:

Yes and No.

And got a slap
  • Options

Uboat said:

3,500 season ticket holders, 5,000 frequent attenders, 1,500 far flung who have always seen a handful of games each season,
    2,500 boycotters boycotting the boycott, 20,000 Glory Boys plus a freebie for Curbs who's about to be appointed Director of Football.

• Options

Plenty of twists and turns to come.
    Next game against Rotherham is massive

Better get those brown Y fronts ready....

:smile:
  • Options
    I'll decide on the finishing positions in 7 games time.
  • Options
    20 years on from that unbelievable Sunderland final. Come on Charlton lets make it happen.
  • Options

Uboat said:

25k at home v Hartlepool . New Wembley . We'd sell out, no problem.
  • Options

Uboat said:

Oggy Red said:

Uboat said:

Yes and No.

If I recall correctly, they were given more tickets. We sold all of ours I'm pretty sure and we could have sold more.

What a day that was. Birth of my son, my wedding and that in the top three moments of my life.
  • Options

Uboat said:

Oggy Red said:

Uboat said:

Yes and No.

If I recall correctly, they were given more tickets. We sold all of ours I'm pretty sure and we could have sold more.

What a day that was. Birth of my son, my wedding and that in the top three moments of my life.
    Phew Mutts, i thought you were gonna say that you got married, your son was born and we won at Wembley all on the same day - what a day that must have been !