Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Who has stolen the ‘home’ button?

Comments

• JWADDICK said:

This can no longer be allowed to continue. It has been obvious for ages that the home button does not have the tactical nous to improve the forum and the only ones who can't see it are the short sighted mods! We must step up our campaign and immediately hit home where it hurts them most. I for one will not be renewing my subscription to this site, nor will I be purchasing any of the many Charlton Life badges, cardigans or other promotional material until this regime is gone and sanity restored.

I fully expect there to be at least 3m posts on this thread within the week. That kind of support cannot go unnoticed.

Now I don't claim to be ITK but I have heard from a very secure source that Angeldust is waiting in the wings with a very competitive offer apparently backed by a consortium currently running a little known forum of their own. If true this could be a positive move as I hear they will immediately rule out the return of the original home button and replace it with a promote button who will be in charge at least until the end of the season.

This move should get some very influential posters on side and speed up the process of forming a political party to campaign for better treatment for lifers in general. I suggest that this movement be called Charlton Life Internet Terrorists or C.L.I.T for short. This should ensure the more macho members of either forum will have no hope of finding out where it is based which can only be a good thing.

I think you are asking for trouble if you hold a CLIT meeting, most blokes won't find it :smiley:
  • Argh !!!!!

Even when reading the thread about the demise of the home button, I then scroll down to click on the fecking thing to come out of the thread !!!!
  • I knew I wasn't going mad. I was automatically moving my cursor to a blank part of the page once I hit the bottom. Clearly my brain knew something was amiss even if it took a while to work out what it was. Is it coming back? My heart skips a beat every time my cursor finds this now empty space, it's a bit disconcerting. It's clearly my Asperger's at play, but I hope to see it's return...soon...please?
  • Sherlock Homes is investigating.
  • I’m feeling a remake of Spielberg’s film “Home button come home” or was it Ken Loach’s 60’s tv drama?
  • 100 notifications on my username.
    “At last, beat the bookie is getting proper interest” I thought.

Thanks for the tip on getting back to top of page on iPad and iPhone.
  • Sponsored links:

• LoOkOuT said:

Temporary fix in place.

Not on mobile
  • Iv checked even Blackpool have a home button. It's constantly the bloody same 3 steps forward (winning games) then one bloody great big step back. HOME has gone.
  • Dazzler21 said:

LoOkOuT said:

Temporary fix in place.

Not on mobile
    Try turning it off and turning it on again.
  • Dazzler21 said:

LoOkOuT said:

Temporary fix in place.

Not on mobile
    At the bottom right you will see

Roland Out!

Click that
  • Too subtle?
  • Dazzler21 said:

LoOkOuT said:

Temporary fix in place.

Not on mobile
    Not on desktop site either, still a blank space :neutral:
  • No launch then? No unveiling ceremony?
    It hasn't appeared on my Samsung tablet yet.
  • LoOkOuT said:

Temporary fix in place.

Up the there with #Donedeal as raising our hopes. ;)
  • I've got the Roland Out! button! All hail Android phones
  • I mean, it's justified right, which is weird and perhaps even a subtle political dig, but I'll take it
  • Sponsored links:

• I have now got the "Roland Out" button.

Top work, its not true what AFKA says about Lookout.
  • I don't like it, it's sooooooooo full of itself.
  • Forget the 'home' button. The 'Roland out' button is genius.
  • We need to be able to like the new button, this site has gone from great to perfection.

• Hadn't had time to open this thread - but while looking for the HOME button, discovered 'Roland out'.

No idea idea what it was. Curiosity got the better of me ..... just had to click it!

• Take me home Roland.
  • @LoOkOuT hate to be picky, but could you make the link go to https://charltonlife.vanillaforums.com/ rather than http://forum.charltonlife.com/ ? Cos if you've been using the secure site so you don't get the error message about password security when you log in, clicking on the Roland Out link shows you as being signed out so you have to sign in again. Ta.
  • loving the Roland Out button , the Home button can F'&#k right off CL Reject allo allo!
  • Love it!!!
  • Does no one else have the ‘full site’ button just below the Roland out button, this has been there all along and seems to work for me....