Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

If Tottenham offered us....

edited June 2007 in General Charlton
Anthony Gardener, Wayne Routledge, + £7m cash for Darren Bent

would you accept

Comments

• Options
    yeah especially if we dont have to give them anything!
  • Options
    For nothing...? Bit of a no brainer there

;-)
  • Options
    edited for the pedants
  • Options
    No way. I'd rather have Murphy back than Routeledge
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]yeah especially if we dont have to give them anything!

LOL!!
  • Options
    if spurs offered £9 mill + tainio + routledge that wouldn't be bad.
  • Options
    NO NO NO......
  • Options
    No - cash only please.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]if spurs offered £9 mill + tainio + routledge that wouldn't be bad.

its also unrealistic, see as Tanio made 32 appearances last season, and is well thought of there.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad Spinner[/cite]No - cash only please.

if we have to pay Ipswich a decent cut of the profit, aren't we better off with a player included deal ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Anthony Gardener, Wayne Routledge, + £7m cash for Darren Bent

would you accept

we're quoted as wanting £18m for bent so in reality paying £11m for gardener (who will be sharing the sick bay with gibbs) and routledge. i doubt many spurs players would want to drop in wages or a division.
  • Options
    if anyone on here really thinks we'll get £18 mill for DB, you're off your rocker. For that sort of money we are bracketing him with the best in Europe. the only way we'll get £18 mill is if Curbs continues having mental problems and stumps up. DB is quality but i'll be chuffed if we get a fee rising to £15 mill or £10-£12 mill and a couple of players on loans or permanents.
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]if anyone on here really thinks we'll get £18 mill for DB, you're off your rocker. For that sort of money we are bracketing him with the best in Europe. the only way we'll get £18 mill is if Curbs continues having mental problems and stumps up. DB is quality but i'll be chuffed if we get a fee rising to £15 mill or £10-£12 mill and a couple of players on loans or permanents.

but it's spurs we're talking about.
    the club that 7 years ago paid £11m for sergei rebrov, not to mention £9m? for a championship left back (bale), put that into the equation and £18m is peanuts.
  • Options
    the only way we would get £18m for Darren Bent would be if we changed his name, nationality and said he played for some foreign club called Charltonique
  • Options
    what did they pay for berbatov tho???
  • Options
    [cite]but it's spurs we're talking about.
    the club that 7 years ago paid £11m for sergei rebrov, put that into the equation and £18m is peanuts.

this kept me amused for years until we signed marcus bent.
  • Options
    pbs, i know about rebrov, but at the time he was highly regarded in Europe and that's why he cost so much. for a few extra million clubs could sign torres or villa. i think DB is class but if people get their hopes set on too high a price and the club sell for less then those fans will feel let down. this could lead to an off field disharmony which could lead to on field problems. i think the board will get the best possible price for any deal involving DB and whatever us as fans may feel if the price seems low, we have to get on with it, as we're in the ccc now and nothing matters more than getting out of it. if we sell benty to spuds or spammers, this may not be popular but it doesn't matter in the long term. What's best for our club is all that matters.
  • Options
    fair point re torres & villa, but you could've said that about shevchenko this time last year.

i may be wrong but i thought it was a club/pards statement that we are holding out for £18m.

out of interest how much do people think bent is worth realistically?
  • Options
    £12m
  • Options
    £18m
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Berbatov was about £10.5M

With a cash plus player deal the player still has to be given a value and I guess you can take the p too much ... it's better get Pards his first choice players than get someone else because it save us paying Ipswich an extra 1 or 2 hundred £k. Also the buying club (Spurs) tends to value the make-weight rather more than the selling club.

If it is some as good as a Pards first choive though then fair enough - I doubt Garnder fits into that and not too bothered about Routelidge either
  • Options
    £11m
  • Options
    i reckon £13-15 mill but i feel any deal will involve players due to the way prices are going crazy. they'll be a lot of clubs talking big numbers for their players but the reality imo will be different. ( i saw one rumour mentioned £40 mill for johnson and arteta) With regard to Shevchenko, look at Drogba's first year at Chelski, i reckon he'll do better next year although he hasn't got youth on his side. If we got offered £10 mill + davenport + mullins + harewood or £10 mill + routledge + couple of loans, i'd take it.

Despite all i've said with the events going on at upton park we might get £100 mill for him :)
  • Options
    £10m + Berbatov + Lennon + King.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]pbs, i know about rebrov, but at the time he was highly regarded in Europe and that's why he cost so much. for a few extra million clubs could sign torres or villa.

Yes but Bent is English and has scored goals in the premier league for 2 seasons. Despite their reputations there's no guarantee Torres or Villa would. As has been stated, look at Shevchenko, can hardly speak the language and has struggled to adapt.
    Clubs will pay more because Bent is proven in the premier league.
    For what it's worth i think 15m is realistic.
  • Options
    Agreed - Bent is proven in this league, so £15 is not unrealistic, though may be top end unless Chelsea and West Ham get into a bidding war!

Buying abroad is a risk, Berbatov paid off, Schevchecko didn't, nor did Rebrov for that matter.

Only fair to mention that Beattie and Rickets didn't pay off either, but neither ever showed the class of Dazza.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad Spinner[/cite]Agreed - Bent is proven in this league, so £15 is not unrealistic, though may be top end unless Chelsea and West Ham get into a bidding war!

Buying abroad is a risk, Berbatov paid off, Schevchecko didn't, nor did Rebrov for that matter.

Only fair to mention that Beattie and Rickets didn't pay off either, but neither ever showed the class of Dazza.

i really could see us moving for beattie if dazza leaves!
  • Options
    I've never understood this "but for a few million more you can sign X"

Newcastle, Arsenal, West Ham, Liverpool, Man Utd, Spurs, Chelsea, Villa are all on the lookout for people that can stick the ball in the back of the net so strikers will be in huge demand this off season - Vila & Torres are going to cost £25m+ and you're not guranteed they'll settle, they'll only go to a team playing champions league football even then it is still going to leave at least 2 disspointed clubs in the top 4.

Spurs have stuck a £40m price tag on Berbatov. I think he looks a class player but if thats the case 40 million only buys you 14 league goals last season for a team finishing 5th. For a Guy whose scored more league goals in the past 2 years than any other English player, proven in the premier league for a struggling side, clean living, young and England capped i see no reason why a deal around £18m is out of the question.
  • Options
    T, as much as i agree with a lot of what you're saying, the simple fact is we are not a 'BIG' team like those mentioned and therefore i don't think we'll get the money being bandied about in the press. our problem is that if darren goes to spurs or spammers and has another couple of good seasons those clubs will be able to make much more than what we sold him for. i'm not saying it's right but it's the way it is.
  • Options
    well said T.