Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Airstrikes against Syria

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Greenie said:

Greenie said:

Greenie said:

Greenie said:

IdleHans said:

Carter said:

I'm not in support of this

Im not a coward or a snowflake or a leftie or a hippy. I'm just fucked off with us bombing people, for all the advances humanity makes it can't shake off fucking slaughtering each other can it.

shiite this, sunni that, Christian this

how about human being this or human being that

I'd have a grudging respect for the anuses making these calls if they were honest and said "it's about oil, it's about money, it's about hedging my bets for the defence company me and my partner are large shareholders of"

No, it can't. But do you stand idly by while one particularly nasty c**t, with the full backing of another, drops illegal poisoned gas all over unarmed civilians to flush out pockets of resistance? Perhaps you do.

Yes we should, harsh as that may seem, we have no bloody business out there, every time we intervene we and our puppet masters the USA, make it worse, we invaded Iraq in 2003 and executed Saddam and then Libya and Gaddafi, not understanding or not caring more like,the two aforementioned bastards kept it under control, now the centuries old unstable middle east has dissolved into fractioned anarchy, with various factions trying to gain power. As soon as we and the USA (the worlds unelected Police force) get rid of one dictator, another comes along. It has been the same for years and will never ever change.
    Also all the people calling for bombing, lets take it too its full logical conclusion should Russia decide to retaliate. Guess who goes to war (assuming its not Nuclear), not the 40-50 year old football supporting blokes on a forum, with an opinion on everything, its kids, 18/19/20 etc, my kids, my nephews, your kids, your grandkids, and definitely NOT the shit house politicians that sanctioned bombing another country without due diligence and the backing of our combined general counsel. And if anyone buys into the humanitarian excuse then your are so naive, its laughable, its oil, its firearms, its money and in some cases it garners political brownie points to the less intelligent.
    If we are true to humanitarian reasons for defending the world, then Mugabe would have been removed years ago.
    So yes we do stand idly by, because if that means my kids dont have to go to war, like I have been lucky enough not to, then its worth it.
    Its bullshit and we are swallowing it.

“if you tolerate this, then your children will be next”.

We are in the position to intervene and we should to show the world using chemical weapons is unacceptable.
    Brilliant, you are now quoting Manic Street Preachers in a matter of potential world war...go and sit in a dark room for a good while, and when you are ready, come out and apologise.
    It’s a quote from a Spanish republican civil war poster actually aimed at welsh volunteers re fascism (which Assad and putin’s Russia are fascist states). And the poster was right. The Spanish civil war was the precursor to the second world war. MSP took it and put it into a song.
    Excellent googling :wink:
    Well, you google “if you tolerate this” and it’s literally the first thing on the MSP wiki page. @Greenie has access to incredibly secret information that everything we know is a lie but can’t use google. Strange.
    Im calling 'bullshit'. You know and I know you were quoting Manic Street Preachers.
    I was quoting a poster that’s quoted in a great song. Just because you didn’t know that the song is from a poster doesn’t mean others are as ignorant.
    Thats right, of course you were.
    I think it’s pretty clear if you read back over the thread you had absolutely no idea that the MSP was quoting from that poster and now you’re just trying to save face by trying to take the piss. Also attempting to derail the arguement because you were clearly making up bollocks about some conspiracy theory involving the entire of NATO’s intelligence services.

Keep digging, now I can see where greenie junior gets it from.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Greenie said:

Greenie said:

Greenie said:

Greenie said:

IdleHans said:

Carter said:

I'm not in support of this

Im not a coward or a snowflake or a leftie or a hippy. I'm just fucked off with us bombing people, for all the advances humanity makes it can't shake off fucking slaughtering each other can it.

shiite this, sunni that, Christian this

how about human being this or human being that

I'd have a grudging respect for the anuses making these calls if they were honest and said "it's about oil, it's about money, it's about hedging my bets for the defence company me and my partner are large shareholders of"

No, it can't. But do you stand idly by while one particularly nasty c**t, with the full backing of another, drops illegal poisoned gas all over unarmed civilians to flush out pockets of resistance? Perhaps you do.

Yes we should, harsh as that may seem, we have no bloody business out there, every time we intervene we and our puppet masters the USA, make it worse, we invaded Iraq in 2003 and executed Saddam and then Libya and Gaddafi, not understanding or not caring more like,the two aforementioned bastards kept it under control, now the centuries old unstable middle east has dissolved into fractioned anarchy, with various factions trying to gain power. As soon as we and the USA (the worlds unelected Police force) get rid of one dictator, another comes along. It has been the same for years and will never ever change.
    Also all the people calling for bombing, lets take it too its full logical conclusion should Russia decide to retaliate. Guess who goes to war (assuming its not Nuclear), not the 40-50 year old football supporting blokes on a forum, with an opinion on everything, its kids, 18/19/20 etc, my kids, my nephews, your kids, your grandkids, and definitely NOT the shit house politicians that sanctioned bombing another country without due diligence and the backing of our combined general counsel. And if anyone buys into the humanitarian excuse then your are so naive, its laughable, its oil, its firearms, its money and in some cases it garners political brownie points to the less intelligent.
    If we are true to humanitarian reasons for defending the world, then Mugabe would have been removed years ago.
    So yes we do stand idly by, because if that means my kids dont have to go to war, like I have been lucky enough not to, then its worth it.
    Its bullshit and we are swallowing it.

“if you tolerate this, then your children will be next”.

We are in the position to intervene and we should to show the world using chemical weapons is unacceptable.
    Brilliant, you are now quoting Manic Street Preachers in a matter of potential world war...go and sit in a dark room for a good while, and when you are ready, come out and apologise.
    It’s a quote from a Spanish republican civil war poster actually aimed at welsh volunteers re fascism (which Assad and putin’s Russia are fascist states). And the poster was right. The Spanish civil war was the precursor to the second world war. MSP took it and put it into a song.
    Excellent googling :wink:
    Well, you google “if you tolerate this” and it’s literally the first thing on the MSP wiki page. @Greenie has access to incredibly secret information that everything we know is a lie but can’t use google. Strange.
    Im calling 'bullshit'. You know and I know you were quoting Manic Street Preachers.
    I was quoting a poster that’s quoted in a great song. Just because you didn’t know that the song is from a poster doesn’t mean others are as ignorant.
    Thats right, of course you were. Ultimately it doesn't matter, what matters is we leave those countries to sort themselves out.
    And oh a flag fro this, well thats me shitting myself, fucking child.
  • Options
    Oh dear!
  • Options

Oh dear!

So lets get this right, you disagree with me and flag me, then bring my son into it, then give it a snidey 'oh dear' you're lower than a snakes bollocks.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Oh dear!

So lets get this right, you disagree with me and flag me, then bring my son into it, then give it a snidey 'oh dear' you're lower than a snakes bollocks.
    U wot m8
  • Options

Here from the Argument Alert thread. It's better than I thought it would be. Carry on chaps!!

A foreign power coming in to a war they have no business in. WHERES THE UN RESOLUTION.
  • Options
    As ever I'm on Greenie's side, albeit a bumpy ride with the occasional ah-he's-advocating-the-death-penalty-again ;) Let's hope this alliance between Simpering Feminist Liberal and Hang The Tories can continue to overcome its cosmetic disjuncts
  • Options
    Can we at least all agree that Assad is toxic scum?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That isn't in dispute
  • Options

Well no, he has some good points surely?
  • Options

I see, another Assad SMEAR (tm).
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Is there anything on here we can all agree on?
  • Options

bobmunro said:

Yes

(you thought I was going to say no then - didn't you?)
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

Yes

(you thought I was going to say no then - didn't you?)
    Yes and no - covering all angles.
  • Options
    'ello
  • Options

Here from the Argument Alert thread. It's better than I thought it would be. Carry on chaps!!

A foreign power coming in to a war they have no business in. WHERES THE UN RESOLUTION.
    I've vetoed it. So ner.
  • Options
    I see Nottinghamshire have put down an early marker in the County Championship with an impressive win over Lancashire.
  • Options

I see Nottinghamshire have put down an early marker in the County Championship with an impressive win over Lancashire.

Will this affect the Syrian situation?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Will this affect the Syrian situation?
    Too early to say (Assad is a Hampshire man) but everyone was raving about the fact that Ball took nine wickets, a headline writer's dream if ever I saw one.
  • Options
    Greenie said:
    They covered this on C4 news last night. It illustrates the point of not jumping to conclusions without proper evidence.
  • Options
    CBS have nailed it.
    Wrong country, of course....
  • Options
    Maybe we should get more involved in Egypt?
    Fox News at its finest.
  • Options

Greenie said:
    They covered this on C4 news last night. It illustrates the point of not jumping to conclusions without proper evidence.
    Exactly what the more intelligent and decent politicians have been saying all along, but that J Corbyn, what does he know?
  • Options

CBS have nailed it.

You're being petty - they got the right region.

Which country was actually bombed and did they use a map?
  • Options
    Fucking hell America. It must have the greatest land mass to intelligence ratio of all the countries.
  • Options

CBS have nailed it.

Is this actually real or fake? It seems impossible that CBS would make such a basic mistake.