Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket - Summer of 2018

Comments

• Weird scheduling, we play T20s next week against India on Tuesday and Friday, when Wednesday and Thursday are both football free days when cricket could get much more of an audience and interest.
    Indeed the Tuesday match clashes directly against the England Columbia game

Agreed.
  • Weird scheduling, we play T20s next week against India on Tuesday and Friday, when Wednesday and Thursday are both football free days when cricket could get much more of an audience and interest.
    Indeed the Tuesday match clashes directly against the England Columbia game

I'm sure nobody predicted we'd still be in it ;)
  • Or even today, the first football free day for ages, loads of sport fans desperate for something...and nothing
  • edited July 2018
    First T20 with India tonight... great scheduling.

India won the toss and will field first.
  • First T20 with India tonight... great scheduling.

England all out for 43. Game over by 6:15. Everyone can go and watch the football.
  • First T20 with India tonight... great scheduling.

England all out for 43. Game over by 6:15. Everyone can go and watch the football.
    close......went from 105-1 to 107-5. sure the players were angling for an early finish.

twats.
  • Alastair Cook called up for the England Lions. Good to see promising youngsters being given a chance...A few deserved names there as well
    Lions team to play India A: Alastair Cook (Essex), Rory Burns (Surrey), Nick Gubbins (Middlesex), Dawid Malan (Middlesex), Ollie Pope (Surrey), Chris Woakes (Warwickshire), Sam Curran (Surrey), Dom Bess (Somerset), Matthew Fisher (Yorkshire), Jack Leach (Somerset), Jamie Porter (Essex).
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/44743893
  • Hope porter does well too
  • India 23/3 after 5 overs in the T20...
  • Sam Curran replaced in the team by Jake Ball.
  • Sponsored links:

Wasn't it Moeen who was actually replaced in the 11? he got smacked a bit on Tuesday

Wasn't it Moeen who was actually replaced in the 11? he got smacked a bit on Tuesday
    Ah you're right. Apologies! Curran carrying the drinks today though I think...
  • India 111/4 from 17 overs
  • Nelson does it... 111-5 from 17.1

Kohli gone for 47
  • Either it's a really tough pitch, or that's a terrible total...
  • 1 needed from 3 balls
  • Won by 5 wickets
  • Didn’t expect that after the bad defeat on Tuesday
  • I recorded it and just watched it.
    We played the spinners well & Hales was excellent (complete opposite of the last match).
  • I recorded it and just watched it.
    We played the spinners well & Hales was excellent (complete opposite of the last match).

Farbrace obviously done some homework, finally!
  • Sponsored links:

• Ind 155-3. Should be a good end! Ind need 44 from 24 balls.
  • edited July 2018
    I hope Stokes was deemed unfit to bowl at the end, otherwise it was crass captaincy by Morgan. Stokes had been the best bowler and IIRC had only gone for about 10 off 2 overs. Ball & Willey had been carted around the park & yet Stokes wasn't bowled and surprise surprise we lost.
  • I hope Stokes was deemed unfit to bowl at the end, otherwise it was crass captaincy by Morgan. Stokes had been the best bowler and IIRC had only gone for about 10 off 2 overs. Ball & Willey had been carted around the park & yet Stokes wasn't bowled and surprise surprise we lost.

And Jordan was shite as ever.
    This coming ODI series is going to be a tad different than the one against our cousins from Down-Under and may well put into perspective our true standing in regards to next years WC.
  • Riviera said:

I hope Stokes was deemed unfit to bowl at the end, otherwise it was crass captaincy by Morgan. Stokes had been the best bowler and IIRC had only gone for about 10 off 2 overs. Ball & Willey had been carted around the park & yet Stokes wasn't bowled and surprise surprise we lost.

And Jordan was shite as ever.
    This coming ODI series is going to be a tad different than the one against our cousins from Down-Under and may well put into perspective our true standing in regards to next years WC.
    This.
  • 142-4 off 27. The spinner K Yadav doing the damage, so far he's bowled 5 overs and taken 3-12!
  • 216-7 off 45

Kuldeep finishes with 6-25

Stokes 50 came off 103 balls - the slowest for an England batsman since Collingwood in 2005
  • Buttler seems to be the only one who can pick him, I imagine his time in the IPL helped
  • 268 all out
  • 268 all out

Should have had a 20 match series against Australia!
  • Quite a decent score in the end.
    Still a bit short if I'm honest but pick up a couple of wickets early and it's game on.