Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket - Summer of 2018

Comments

• I imagine Cook and Jennings will be hoping that India managed to play out another 10 overs at 1 run an over, and thus don't have to bat tonight!
  • Little rat Is Kohli but a very decent cricketer
  • 253-9

Kohli 128 no.
  • Catches win matches or rather dropped catches lose them.....
  • Kohli out 149

274 All Out.
  • Kohli finally out for 149

Kohli 1 Root 0
  • dropped catches lose matches
  • Dhawan 2nd top scorer with 26 !

4 for Curran and 2 each for Rashid, Anderson & Stokes.

England lead by 13 runs.
  • Bollocks

Cook out in identical fashion to the first innings
  • Cook b Ashwin (again) 0

9-1 cop.
  • Sponsored links:

• Are you not entertained?
  • Malan owes England a lot of runs, after dropping Kohli on 21, so that's 128, then he needs a big score to keep he's place, so I reckon at least 200
  • Malan will keep his place with a battling fifty
  • I bet Warks are seriously worried at the possibility of an early finish on day 4, and as for day 5 on Sunday, no chance of the game lasting that long. Cook has managed to be bowled twice in the first 2 days for a start...
  • I bet Warks are seriously worried at the possibility of an early finish on day 4, and as for day 5 on Sunday, no chance of the game lasting that long. Cook has managed to be bowled twice in the first 2 days for a start...

Cook is either feast or famine nowadays .. alas, he has dropped soooo many slip catches over the past few months .. as for Malan, not being wise after the event, is he REALLY the best England qualified no 4/5 in the country ? .. I think not
  • Riviera said:

Allan Lamb reckons Curren will develop into a batsman who bowls.

Alec Stewart and Surrey have been saying that since he broke though just over 3 years ago.

It was originally said that he would one day bat at 4 and Tom at 6. I think that may have changed slightly. I think they have both been a little bit a victim of their own success with the ball which has affected their batting.
  • Sky's viewers will miss the exciting Saturday afternoon conclusion to this as they'll all have turned over to catch the football

Precisely what I said before the match. Stupid to start it on a weds as you want to maximise play on weekends to get the biggest crowds through the door. Our administrators really do not help the game.

Cook is either feast or famine nowadays .. alas, he has dropped soooo many slip catches over the past few months .. as for Malan, not being wise after the event, is he REALLY the best England qualified no 4/5 in the country ? .. I think not
    Malan has only looked the part for England last winter, he seems most comfortable in Aussie conditions, but hasn't convinced at home
  • So Kohli was dropped by Malan off Curran for 21. Also dropped by cook? Off Anderson on 52 and later dropped off Stokes.

That right?

And we also dropped 2 other chances and miss a couple of reasonable run our chances. Who is our fielding coach?
  • Sponsored links:

Precisely what I said before the match. Stupid to start it on a weds as you want to maximise play on weekends to get the biggest crowds through the door. Our administrators really do not help the game.
    Any (sensible) reason why it started on a wednesday ??? I know they have 5 matches to get through by the end of Sept (which is a mad decision in itself) but starting a day early.....really ??

(also means that having spent the last week holidaying with the kids, when I finally get to have the first peaceful day on my own there is no fecking cricket to watch !!)

Any (sensible) reason why it started on a wednesday ??? I know they have 5 matches to get through by the end of Sept (which is a mad decision in itself) but starting a day early.....really ??

(also means that having spent the last week holidaying with the kids, when I finally get to have the first peaceful day on my own there is no fecking cricket to watch !!)

I bet Warks are seriously worried at the possibility of an early finish on day 4, and as for day 5 on Sunday, no chance of the game lasting that long. Cook has managed to be bowled twice in the first 2 days for a start...

This Test is scheduled to end on Sunday and the 2nd Test starts Thursday. 3 days rest !
    So obvs, would only have 2 days scheduled rest if it ended on Monday.

I bet Warks are seriously worried at the possibility of an early finish on day 4, and as for day 5 on Sunday, no chance of the game lasting that long. Cook has managed to be bowled twice in the first 2 days for a start...

This Test is scheduled to end on Sunday and the 2nd Test starts Thursday. 3 days rest !
    Then they should have started it last week or just had a 4 match series.

Then they should have started it last week or just had a 4 match series.
    You are simply unbelievable. In fact I wouldn't believe you ever existed as a real person if I hadn't sat in front of you for about 4 years!

The BCCI, who basically run world cricket, insisted on this ridiculous schedule.
  • Riviera said:

The BCCI, who basically run world cricket, insisted on this ridiculous schedule.
    ah......no wonder the games f**ked. The Bank of Credit & Commence International went bust about 30 years ago.
  • edited August 2018
    Yep, every Test must have at least 3 days in between as directed. thats why we have games starting on Wed and Fri nowadays also. The trend seems to be to try to have 2 x 2 tests 'back-to-back' in a 5 test series in order they can cram as much cricket in as poss.
    I remember the days when Tests only started on Thursdays and there was a rest day on Sunday.
    The real travesty of this year is why there has been no international cricket from end of World Cup (17th? July) up to now. Would have been an ideal situation to keep the momentum going sports Wise - crazy decision.

• Everything that’s wrong with English test cricket in 2 days
    A gutless witless batting collapse with no responsibility taken by anyone.
    A halfwit captain rigidly sticking to one plan regardless - a short leg to Kohli would have made him bat in his crease and critically hamper and pressurise him
    Pigshit thick captain is one of our better slip fielders but fields all day at mid off to no practical effect while chances go begging. Slip cordon 4 feet too deep for 3 hours is just fucktarded. As ever England needed 14 chances to take 10 wickets which cost at least 140 runs too many. Controversially selected leggy slings down 2 overs of utter filth and strangles one tailender on a seamer’s paradise
    England need a wicket less morning for this match to last 3 days
  • Everything that’s wrong with English test cricket in 2 days
    A gutless witless batting collapse with no responsibility taken by anyone.
    A halfwit captain rigidly sticking to one plan regardless - a short leg to Kohli would have made him bat in his crease and critically hamper and pressurise him
    Pigshit thick captain is one of our better slip fielders but fields all day at mid off to no practical effect while chances go begging. Slip cordon 4 feet too deep for 3 hours is just fucktarded. As ever England needed 14 chances to take 10 wickets which cost at least 140 runs too many. Controversially selected leggy slings down 2 overs of utter filth and strangles one tailender on a seamer’s paradise
    England need a wicket less morning for this match to last 3 days

Oh goody, you're here