Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket - Summer of 2018

Comments

• Everything that’s wrong with English test cricket in 2 days
    A gutless witless batting collapse with no responsibility taken by anyone.
    A halfwit captain rigidly sticking to one plan regardless - a short leg to Kohli would have made him bat in his crease and critically hamper and pressurise him
    Pigshit thick captain is one of our better slip fielders but fields all day at mid off to no practical effect while chances go begging. Slip cordon 4 feet too deep for 3 hours is just fucktarded. As ever England needed 14 chances to take 10 wickets which cost at least 140 runs too many. Controversially selected leggy slings down 2 overs of utter filth and strangles one tailender on a seamer’s paradise
    England need a wicket less morning for this match to last 3 days

I take it you're not impressed .. I agree with a lot of what you say .. Cook has dropped so many catches over the past few months that he must be moved away .. problem is, is he capable of fielding elsewhere after years and years of inactivity in the slips .. Rashid ? .. worth a try, now think again .. good news is Curran. short, sweet and hot .. could develop into a left handed version of Malcolm Marshall
  • Jennings c at slip off Ashwin

18-2
  • Jennings didn't have a prayer of surviving this spell
  • Well that's not exactly the best start to the day
  • Root out to Ashwin

39-3
  • Ashwin going for Laker here
  • Everything that’s wrong with English test cricket in 2 days
    A halfwit captain rigidly sticking to one plan regardless - a short leg to Kohli would have made him bat in his crease and critically hamper and pressurise him
    Pigshit thick captain is one of our better slip fielders but fields all day at mid off to no practical effect while chances go begging. Slip cordon 4 feet too deep for 3 hours is just fucktarded. As ever England needed 14 chances to take 10 wickets which cost at least 140 runs too many. Controversially selected leggy slings down 2 overs of utter filth and strangles one tailender on a seamer’s paradise

I take it you're not impressed .. I agree with a lot of what you say .. Cook has dropped so many catches over the past few months that he must be moved away .. problem is, is he capable of fielding elsewhere after years and years of inactivity in the slips .. Rashid ? .. worth a try, now think again .. good news is Curran. short, sweet and hot .. could develop into a left handed version of Malcolm Marshall
    put Cook at 3rd man........no one else down there.
  • edited August 2018
    now 39-3. Root gone. 52 run lead.

could be all over today.........so could have started on thurs after all :smile:

• Leuth said:

Ashwin going for Laker here

Jadeja will surely play at Lord's as well, England to find a way of playing their spinners
  • Bye bye Malan
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2018
    Malan c Rahane b Sharma 20

71-4
  • 85-5

Bairstow gone 28
  • 86-6

Stokes out
  • Ishant Sharma is certainly gonna get you
  • Leuth said:

Everything that’s wrong with English test cricket in 2 days

Oh goody, you're here
    6 down at lunch - the captain's dismissal unforgivable

I hate being right all the time, does help that I don't wear rose tinted spectacles
  • I mean, England have fucked this
  • From being in a great position mid way through the first day to being beaten inside 3 days.......is RD in charge of the England cricket team ??

Root should stand down as captain & 2/3 proper 5 day batsmen be brought in - not 1 dayers like Stokes & Butler........ffs we have 2 wicket keepers playing.

No problem playing Stokes, but at 7 or 8.

twonks.
  • 86-6

Stokes out

I temporarily stopped listening when it was 4 down, 2 wickets in 5 minutes...

All out by 3pm , game over tonight
  • ahaha god
  • Buttler out

87-7
  • Sponsored links:

• Curran fighting back
  • Three 6's in this match, 1 by Kohli, 2 by Curran who now brings up his 50.
  • Given us a chance at least, well played Sam!
  • Surrey to the rescue again
  • 176-9

Sharma has 5

Lead of 189
  • Great effort by Curran given us a chance.
  • 180 All Out

Curran 60

India need 194 to win
  • With that winning fusion of supreme arrogance and risible stupidity Captain Cowardice is again fielding at Mid off, presumably advising Jimmy (500 wickets in test cricket) Anderson how to dismiss Indian batsman who perennially struggle against the swinging red ball, while 3 chumps with iron hands make up the numbers in the slips.
    And no 3rd man either, defending 193.
    Beyond parody.

• Malan just dropped another one !
  • If we hadn't watched England display this passion for capitulation so often before, we'd have to question the morality of what goes on. Yet another dolly goes down in the slips, with the shitforbrains captain gawping effetely from mid-off. It would be easier to understand if he had money on the defeat.