Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Avicii

2»

Comments

• Options
    Curb_It said:

PaddyP17 said:

PopIcon said:

Never head of him.

This is such a pointless, unnecessary and heartless comment.

I agree. I don’t comment on most RIp threads as I think there are too many and for people I don’t know. But... as a nigh on 50 year old woman...I’m gutted. Loved his tunes.

Rest in eternal peace young man. You will forever be on my playlist.

There must be shome mishtake shurely, nearly 40 :wink: not 50.

I thought his stuff was top.
  • Options

I would imagine making a lot of money and being famous at a young age can potentially be very damaging to your mental health. On the surface everything is great but you do have to exist in a bubble..
    And where do you go? I’m a year or so younger and in some ways just feel I’m starting to get my feet under the table in life. He’s already got to the top and then started having health problems. If you’re in constant physical pain and don’t have anything professionally or artistically to prove it has to mess you up.
    That was my thought entirely. Getting to the top of the tree at a young age with masses of wealth and adulation can really f*** you up.
    The social media age has probably made it even worse.

I imagine it can prove very lonely and you can't always trust the hangers on. Lots of famous people seem to be shafted by advisers etc who only really want their wealth....
    also the relentless travelling and minimal chill out time, some of these guys will do 3 nights a week in vegas along with dubai etc so constant times on planes ( all be it private jet/1st class ) but still ridiculous, not the same but my cousin pretty high up at rbs investment went to new york for an hours meeting then flew straight back every fortnight, he got out of the city at 36 made enough that he could retire still trades on his own now to supplement a lifestyle he likes, mainly consisting of golf and going to the gym.
    I've listened to guys that were in bands who were constantly touring and doing PR events and they ended up hating it. Probably great fun at the start but I imagine that soon disappears..
    you only have to follow any one in that industry who is active on social media and literally there whole life is spent on the move, of course whopper bank balances but cant take it with you when your gone.