Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Portsmouth v CAFC - MATCH THREAD - 21/04/18

Comments

• Options
    The story of the first half...

Nicky Ajose scores his first Addicks goal since December 2016 as we take a deserved lead into the break... #cafc

• Options
    iFollow.

Excellent first half and but for some poor last ball decision making down our left it could be more. Being 'super' critical, Ajose, Forster-Caskey and Fosu main culprits. Doesn't cloud a good performance though. Only weak link seems to be Reeves, very much a passenger.

A quick word for the 'weapon' out there who let the smoke bomb off after the goal went in. My boy messaged me to say he was very near it and because of the roof and lack of any breeze he said it was a real problem to breath for a short while after. There really are some utterly thick creatures who attend football matches!

PS: Can any refereeing aficionado tell me that when a defender is blatantly obstructing the ball to let it run out for a goal kick, why doesn't the ref give an indirect free kick? It's a real refereeing cop out in my book.
  • Options
    We've looked good. Have Portsmouth bottled up. More of the same in the 2nd half.
  • Options
    Lovely finish from Ajose, proper strikers goal.
  • Options

0-1 Ajose 40'

Thanks for posting this Callumcafc !
  • Options
  • Options
    46' The second half is underway... #cafc
  • Options
    #Pompey subs: Burgess and O'Keefe for Whatmough and Thompson (46 mins)
  • Options
    Keep going lads....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ross1 said:

#Pompey subs: Burgess and O'Keefe for Whatmough and Thompson (46 mins)

Not surprised to see Thompson come off 90% of our attacks came down his side - we obviously targeted him as a weak link.
  • Options
    Don't wake me up if I'm dreaming !!
  • Options

keeping a bit of an eye on Plymouth and Scunny games - Plymouth yet to have a single shot, Scunny just the one off target in the first half - looking very good for us as I still think we need one or both of them to slip up even if we win today.

Two places up for grabs between the three of us if we hang on to the win against Pompey.
    Problem is Scunny have a better GD than us and Plymouth have 2 games in hand - one or both of them need to slip up regardless of todays result.
    Why both? If one slips up we'd be 6th. If both slip up we'd be 5th.

Don't forget they have still to play each other as well.
    Well if they both win their games in hand a draw between them would put us 7th wouldn't it. They both need to drop points today IMO.
  • Options
    Donohue has gone to left-back, with Haunstrup on the right #pompey
  • Options
    Touch of the leaburn/david Whyte in that Magennis/Ajose goal
  • Options
    48' Good opportunity for Portsmouth as Clarke heads over from six yards. #cafc
  • Options
    #Pompey almost levelled when Evans whips in a free-kick, but Pitman turns it narrowly over the bar (48 mins)
  • Options
    This is not going to be a fun 40 minutes
  • Options
    Let's start the time wasting nice and early.
  • Options
    SSN: Saha has just kicked the goalie in the head, nothing given, wonder he did not give Saha a penalty :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Come on Charlton, let's get another goal early on so we can relax a bit.
  • Options
    Posted at
    49'
    Foul by Stuart O'Keefe (Portsmouth).

Posted at
    49'
    Tariqe Fosu-Henry (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the attacking half.
  • Options
    51' Great chance for the Addicks to break as Fosu crosses the halfway line with no blue shirts in front of him, but he goes down holding his leg. #cafc
  • Options

iFollow.

Excellent first half and but for some poor last ball decision making down our left it could be more. Being 'super' critical, Ajose, Forster-Caskey and Fosu main culprits. Doesn't cloud a good performance though. Only weak link seems to be Reeves, very much a passenger.

A quick word for the 'weapon' out there who let the smoke bomb off after the goal went in. My boy messaged me to say he was very near it and because of the roof and lack of any breeze he said it was a real problem to breath for a short while after. There really are some utterly thick creatures who attend football matches!

PS: Can any refereeing aficionado tell me that when a defender is blatantly obstructing the ball to let it run out for a goal kick, why doesn't the ref give an indirect free kick? It's a real refereeing cop out in my book.

Simple answer. If the ball is within "playing distance", the situation is classed as "shielding the ball" and not "obstruction"
  • Options
    52' It looks like Fosu is going to be OK, but that really was a good opportunity to stretch the lead. #cafc
  • Options
    Attack attack attack only !!!
  • Options
    Fosu injured.....trainer on!
    Hammy maybe?
    Looks ok now.
  • Options
    Oh dear, croked again.
  • Options
    52' Pitman fires over from inside the box at the other end. #cafc
  • Options
    Close delivers a free-kick from deep on the right head, it's headed back by Naismith and Pitman turns, but can't quite guide his shot on target (51 mins) #pompey
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!