Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nathan Jones - sacked by Southampton (p12)

Comments

• Options
    Good start
  • Options
    Fair play to Luton too, great following!
  • Options
    I’m fearing for Nathan Jones. Stoke City are bottom of The Championship with 1 point from 4 games. Fans aren’t happy with him persisting with Butland and they are facing league leaders Leeds Utd at The Britannia Stadium on Saturday. How long will he be given to turn it around if that result goes to form ?
  • Options
    I’m fearing for Nathan Jones. Stoke City are bottom of The Championship with 1 point from 4 games. Fans aren’t happy with him persisting with Butland and they are facing league leaders Leeds Utd at The Britannia Stadium on Saturday. How long will he be given to turn it around if that result goes to form ?
    Luton haven't started this season well either under their new manager Graeme Jones
  • Options
    Don't let the Joneses get you down .. (or in this case get you relegated) .. great old track from the Temptations
  • Options
    Nathan has been very vocal in calling out Butland after yesterday...that could be a sign he has lost the dressing room or is trying to deflect the anger away from him.

Not looking great at Stoke - sods law dictates though that he will be sacked and the new manager will pick up a very decent squad and will be made to look better than he is.  You could argue Jones isn't getting them playing so a change has to  be made.

Luton are stuttering - true - but their manager deserves a bit of time.

Be interesting though if Nathan gets the sack..I wonder if he would be on the shortlist for Luton
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Hed have been kept on at Luton if they go back down, cant see him making novemeber at stoke at this rate. 

Cant see Luton wanting him back after walking, the fans are still gutted he left and the way it happened. 
  • Options
    Nathan .. The players didn't respond to him when they were at the Valley, they even looked somehow pissed off walking to the dugout before the game .. Jones was standing alone most of the time in the 'permitted area', his coaching staff seemed to leave him to it .. during the game his high pitched squeaks at the players were embarrassing as well as nigh on incomprehensible  .. I can see Stoke giving him the tin tack before the end of the month
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Lose Saturday and he is done. Leeds at home as well - Leeds go 1-0 up and the crowd will be on his back. Butland hasn’t helped him by conceding 3 or 4 howlers already this season. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lose Saturday and he is done. Leeds at home as well - Leeds go 1-0 up and the crowd will be on his back. Butland hasn’t helped him by conceding 3 or 4 howlers already this season. 
    part of a dressing room plot to get him out .. I just LOVE a good conspiracy theory
  • Options
    Butland looks awful.

Strange situation at Stoke.  Good owners who don't sack managers easily and who I class very much in the decent end of the scale when it comes to custodians of their club, but something seems to be a bit off up there in recent years.  A sort of malaise similar to what we had when we lost Curbs.  Seem to have lost direction 
  • Options
    Mate of mine who is a Leeds fan said Butland was crap when he was on loan there.
    cost them loads of points.
    Nathan will need a slice of luck to survive the Leeds game 
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    cabbles said:
    Butland looks awful.

Strange situation at Stoke.  Good owners who don't sack managers easily and who I class very much in the decent end of the scale when it comes to custodians of their club, but something seems to be a bit off up there in recent years.  A sort of malaise similar to what we had when we lost Curbs.  Seem to have lost direction 

Only 26 so should be approaching his peak, yet has gone backwards. Indeed a number of recent England keepers have gone backwards in recent years, Hart (32) and Fraser Forster both have had poor form in the last couple of years
  • Options
    Nailed on that Stoke win on Saturday.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Stoke had their fall from grace in the late 80’ and 90’s and early 2000’s. Took them more than a decade and a half to regain top flight status. Falling out of The Championship would be a disaster of Sunderland proportions and as we well know it’s not that easy to get out of league one as some might think. 
  • Options
    I hear Stoke regularly have a senior staff member at Charlton games.
    To what ends Henry ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2019
    You willing to bet £365 on that?
  • Options
    To what ends Henry ?
    To learn from our exemplary HR practices
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    cabbles said:
    Butland looks awful.

They decided Pulis had taken them as far as he could just like we did with Curbs.

'Big Name' Mark Hughes was unable to improve them and if anything they got worse and the wheels came off.

Bournemouth will do it with Eddie Howe before too long as will Burnley with Dyche.

All similar size clubs to Charlton yet they don't learn the lessons of our decline.
    Re Bournemouth & Burnley, I can only see them looking for a fat better manager than they have already, not getting fed up with who they have and just looking for a change. 
  • Options
    Chris Wilder lost his first 4 matches as Sheff Utd manager and they were bottom of league 1
  • Options
    Chris Wilder lost his first 4 matches as Sheff Utd manager and they were bottom of league 1
    Jones poor record is carrying on from last season.....2 wins from their last 22 games now.

• Options
    Jones poor record is carrying on from last season.....2 wins from their last 22 games now.

It's less than impressive yes, but is it all down to the manager?  Seems to be something wrong there.  Some clubs come down from the Prem and take a while to turn around.  I think he deserves till christmas at least
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Nathan Jones is finding out about the facts of life when established Premier teams fall out from the division of untold wealth.
    Going from Luton who were on the up and continued that Journey even after he jumped ship to the bigger vessel.
    The problem at Stoke is despite having a decent owner in Peter Coates, over the last two years the big names have moved on and the ones left are enjoying there big wages rather than the weekly battle that is the championship.
    Jack Butland who's form is so bad over the first 4 games that he is to blame for 90% of goals conceded !

Upgrading to the luxury liner seemed a good career move but not when it's in reverse and you are struggling to get through to your staff.

I wouldn't bet on Nathan Jones still being there much longer. 

I hope our ex successful u21 coach has a Lifeboat to get him through these choppy waters of the life of a football manager.
  • Options
    edited August 2019

It's less than impressive yes, but is it all down to the manager?  Seems to be something wrong there.  Some clubs come down from the Prem and take a while to turn around.  I think he deserves till christmas at least
    He should be given more time. He has certainly changed the way they play - not easy after them having to endure the tactics of dinosaurs like Tony Pullis and Mark Hughes. But I guess it’s about results and he isn’t getting them.