Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nathan Jones - sacked by Southampton (p12)

1789101113»

Comments

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Swisdom said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Swisdom said:
    he's coming home, he's coming home, he's coming, Natahan's coming home,,,,
    If Holden were to depart would he be welcomed here?
    knows the club, did a superb job at Luton despite limited resources but might be a bit fiery for Thomas I suspect

Sorry but "he knows the club" is the biggest load of cods wallop.  It's close to "he gets us".
    I disagree.  He worked here previously didn’t he?  Ergo he knows the club better than many.
    And what relevance does that have to getting results on a Saturday?

Remind me where Luton were a couple of years ago

Then remind me where they are now
  • Options
    Luton been named the worst place to live in England, not sure we can put that on Jones.
  • Options
    was an odd appointment in the first place at southampton tbh. Has now shown twice he can't cut it at a club with higher expectations. 
    Exactly, he can't cut it at the big clubs but was exceptional at Luton. Lets be clear, we aspire to be as good as Luton.
  • Options
    We should jump at the chance to appoint him if there's the slightest possibility imo
  • Options
    was an odd appointment in the first place at southampton tbh. Has now shown twice he can't cut it at a club with higher expectations. 
    Exactly, he can't cut it at the big clubs but was exceptional at Luton. Lets be clear, we aspire to be as good as Luton.
    Rob62 said:
    We should jump at the chance to appoint him if there's the slightest possibility imo
    tbh i agree. Knows how to get out of this division. 
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Swisdom said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Swisdom said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Swisdom said:
    knows the club, did a superb job at Luton despite limited resources but might be a bit fiery for Thomas I suspect

Sorry but "he knows the club" is the biggest load of cods wallop.  It's close to "he gets us".
    I disagree.  He worked here previously didn’t he?  Ergo he knows the club better than many.

Remind me where Luton were a couple of years ago

Then remind me where they are now
    I didn't say I wouldn't want him as manager.  That's a different debate.

I said "he knows the club" as a reason why is utter nonsense.  Other than not getting lost on his first day.
  • Options
    Rob62 said:
    tbh i agree. Knows how to get out of this division. 
    Lot of managers know how to get out of this division, working with our ownership, now and future chancers really is the problem!
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Nathan Jones falls into the Category of doing a good job at one club  (Luton) but when he had the opportunity to go to  bigger clubs in Stoke and Southampton, he struggled. 

Deserves another job at a League 1 club or a smaller championship club: Cambridge or Rotherham type set ups.

Being sacked at Southampton after 3 months means he could afford a year's break but he is quite intense and will want to get back into it straight away.

Curbs will be the warning to all managers, don't take too long out the game if you don't want to be forgotten. Alan's legal case didn't help and then he turned down Wolves when they were in the Championship from memory. 

I enjoyed watching some under 21 games under Nathan Jones when we had a strong crop of players. 
  • Options
    Joe Aribo may get a chance under the new Manager as Jones didn't see a position for him other than the bench and only got on occasionally. 
    For Aribo to go from playing more games than any other Top League player In Europe to being a reserve player must've been difficult. 

I appreciate that Joe still have to prove himself in the Premier.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Swisdom said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Swisdom said:

He gets that the fans want to see hard working players who play a style suited to their abilities in order to win enough games to meet or potentially exceed expectations.

I’m sure you’d agree we’re a rather unique club in that respect.
    "The one thing Stoke/Plymouth/Lincoln fans demand is hard work, and players giving their all."

Whereas the fans of Norwich/Carlisle/Newport etc are presumably quite happy to see players going through the motions, not giving a toss...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The difference at Charlton is we demand a good YouTube video so we can pretend we’ve signed a really good footballer and wax lyrical about how great they’re gonna be .