Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nathan Jones - sacked by Southampton (p12)

Comments

• Options
    Don’t know the Cowley brothers have gone hudds as how long will they get - they looked rubbish yesterday and can’t add to the squad etc. 
    They only had about four or five days to work with their new players ahead of the Sheffield Wednesday game

Give it a couple of weeks and I reckon you'll see some improved performances

Thank god we dont face them till the 10th December - they've surely got to have won by then?
    Well if they don’t you can guarantee they will that day, we just love breaking Huddersfield’s records :smiley:
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Don’t know the Cowley brothers have gone hudds as how long will they get - they looked rubbish yesterday and can’t add to the squad etc. 
    They only had about four or five days to work with their new players ahead of the Sheffield Wednesday game

Thank god we dont face them till the 10th December - they've surely got to have won by then?
    Well if they don’t you can guarantee they will that day, we just love breaking Huddersfield’s records :smiley:
    Reminds me of when Southampton hadnt won @ St. Mary's all season - We went there and politely gave them a 1-0 win (Although they did cheat by hiring a Witch Doctor to help the day before!!) - Same with Morientes @ Liverpool, hadnt scored a single goal, came to the Valley and got the equaliser didnt he!!
  • Options

Why? I'd prefer to play them now rather than when their new manager has had 3 months working with them.
  • Options
    edited September 2019

Why? I'd prefer to play them now rather than when their new manager has had 3 months working with them.
    Was a bit tongue in cheek, yet as discussed between me and Sage above

Charlton have a very nasty habit of helping teams end their bad run of form at times

Of course we've made it worse on other occasions for sides
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Rumours is he’s a goner.

pulis is aroused
    Not sure I want to think of an aroused Tony Pulis, does he remove his baseball cap before or afterwards?
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Rumours is he’s a goner.

pulis is aroused
    Not sure I want to think of an aroused Tony Pulis, does he remove his baseball cap before or afterwards?
    Probably need to ask the Gills chairman's wife.
  • Options
    Another defeat last night. Amazed he is still there.

In all competitions:

Games: 33
    Won: 4

And knocked out of the League Cup by Crawley. 

• Options
    Another game they’ve dominated and another game they’ve lost. Kind of bizarre at this point. Something fundamentally wrong over there that I think it might take a season or two in League One to fix.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Saying all this... with LB’s contract situation I can’t help wondering when any Championship manager nears the sack... would Bowyer be tempted if Stoke coming knocking?

Would we take Nathan Jones as his replacement? Has a manager swap ever happened before?
  • Options
    Didn’t we ‘swap’ Mike Bailey for Alan Mullery in the early 80’s ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Saying all this... with LB’s contract situation I can’t help wondering when any Championship manager nears the sack... would Bowyer be tempted if Stoke coming knocking?

Would we take Nathan Jones as his replacement? Has a manager swap ever happened before?
    Mike Bailey and Alan Mullery ?
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    bobmunro said:

Rest assured, I would not be party to the recruitment of Lee Bowyer at Stoke.

IT WILL NOT HAPPEN!
    Tony Pulis  nailed on for the job 
  • Options
    valleyfan said:
    Didn’t we ‘swap’ Mike Bailey for Alan Mullery in the early 80’s ?
    Pardew and Curbs was almost a swap.
  • Options
    They played reasonably well last night and created a lot, but he looks like a man who has absolutely no idea how to turn it round.

If he does get sacked soon, i wonder if Sunderland or Portsmouth would be interested given their current struggles.
  • Options
    Any manager that signs Lee Gregory has got to be shit.
  • Options
    They played reasonably well last night and created a lot, but he looks like a man who has absolutely no idea how to turn it round.

If he does get sacked soon, i wonder if Sunderland or Portsmouth would be interested given their current struggles.
    While sacked managers can get jobs very quickly, the sheer scale of the struggle at Stoke might put a few clubs off...
  • Options
    what's gone wrong at Huddersfield?  Equally shit
  • Options
    They're too used to losing... Cant get the confidence back
  • Options
    Another defeat last night. Amazed he is still there.

In all competitions:

Games: 33
    Won: 4
    But... but... their xG is so much better! 😂
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2019

No, just like Huddersfield didn’t get him. It’ll take time to turn things around and it might have to be done in League 1.

Stoke likely have several players on big wages who won’t put in the effort required, and fans with high expectations after years of Prem football. Never a good mix.
  • Options
    David Wagner leaving didn't help.

Now has Schalke sitting 3rd in the Bundesliga after winning 3-1 at previously unbeaten RB Leipzig today.
  • Options
    David Wagner leaving didn't help.

Now has Schalke sitting 3rd in the Bundesliga after winning 3-1 at previously unbeaten RB Leipzig today.
    Didn't realise he'd gone there. Very good record thus far...
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    .... why sign Lockyer, for example, from a team that let in ten more goals than us last season? 
    Because he was cheap.
  • Options
    Scoring 64 goals in 204 games, mainly in the Championship when Millwall struggled in many of those game is  not too shabby.

Ps. Are you just saying that because he played for the Spanners ?
  • Options
    Scoring 64 goals in 204 games, mainly in the Championship when Millwall struggled in many of those game is  not too shabby.

And this season ?
  • Options

And this season ?
    You said the manager signing Gregory must be shit. My point signing a forward who scores 1 in 3 looked a reasonable purchase.
    We all know his two misses at the valley wouldn't have happened if he still played for the Spanners.

Nathan Jones was doing well at Luton but taking over a Stoke City team with rich Footballers and Internationals have been a bad fit for him and they are underachieving big time. Butland is one of the weaker keepers in the Championship so far this season and his errors are costing Stoke points.
    Too many players not up for the challenge, sounds like Nathan wants out.

• Options

And this season ?
    You said the manager signing Gregory must be shit. My point signing a forward who scores 1 in 3 looked a reasonable purchase.
    We all know his two misses at the valley wouldn't have happened if he still played for the Spanners.

Nathan Jones was doing well at Luton but taking over a Stoke City team with rich Footballers and Internationals have been a bad fit for him and they are underachieving big time. Butland is one of the weaker keepers in the Championship so far this season and his errors are costing Stoke points.
    Too many players not up for the challenge, sounds like Nathan wants out.

This season Jones (and indeed last January) has brought in several players, Jones has had 2 transfer windows to mould the squad

The loss of Shawcross to injury has been crucial though, they've struggled up front for years but always used to be solid at the back. This season they keep letting in sloppy goals
  • Options
    not been sacked yet ? .. rewrite the old Supremes song .. 'Nathan Jones, you bin there too long'