Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nathan Jones - sacked by Southampton (p12)

Comments

• Options
    It isn't easy, although Bowyer and Gallen seem pretty good at it!
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Nathan Jones did a resignation speech after the latest set back. To think he could be Luton's manager now in the Championship with hardly any pressure.

Interesting to hear from Bob Munroe about the dancing dad because I live not to far from him and everyone in Warlingham and Whyteleafe knew he was going to Newcastle about 3 months before it happened. The delay was because Chris Houghton had a big win against Sunderland (don't we all !) so Pardew had to wait for a few defeats which at Newcastle is never far away. (Not in the pubs and bookies to hear the gossip now !)

Bizarrely taking over a team at the bottom of the League in October as the Cowley brothers have done may be a good idea.
    Pardew may not deserve the chance but no way will Stoke finish in the bottom 3. A reading of the riot act and Shawcross back with a new formation and they will finish mid table. When is the ginger CB due back ?

Would be amazed if Stoke don't have a better window than Selfridges in the January sales.

• Options
    Nathan Jones did a resignation speech after the latest set back. To think he could be Luton's manager now in the Championship with hardly any pressure.

Interesting to hear from Bob Munroe about the dancing dad because I live not to far from him and everyone in Warlingham and Whyteleafe knew he was going to Newcastle about 3 months before it happened. The delay was because Chris Houghton had a big win against Sunderland (don't we all !) so Pardew had to wait for a few defeats which at Newcastle is never far away. (Not in the pubs and bookies to hear the gossip now !)

Bizarrely taking over a team at the bottom of the League in October as the Cowley brothers have done may be a good idea.
    Pardew may not deserve the chance but no way will Stoke finish in the bottom 3. A reading of the riot act and Shawcross back with a new formation and they will finish mid table. When is the ginger CB due back ?

Would be amazed if Stoke don't have a better window than Selfridges in the January sales.

I disagree with you about the relegation. For me they have the whiff of sunderland a club in freefall ready to take another drop regardless of who takes over. huddersfield by all acounts the players are to unfit that can and will be fixed by the cowley brothers. Stoke I think have to many players who are happy to pick up a pay cheque regardless of results. 
  • Options

I disagree with you about the relegation. For me they have the whiff of sunderland a club in freefall ready to take another drop regardless of who takes over. huddersfield by all acounts the players are to unfit that can and will be fixed by the cowley brothers. Stoke I think have to many players who are happy to pick up a pay cheque regardless of results. 
    Played us, lost, got disillusioned, gave up

;-)
  • Options

a lot in what you say .. I think the BIG difference is that Stoke has a lot of backing from a very rich and passionate owner who will put in a large wedge to get the club out of trouble .. 
    Sunderland during their nosedive was owned by a man desperate to sell, who had done his dough and was just not gonna put in any more, no way and no how .. Sunderland's new owner(s) is prepared to back the club so far, but hasn't the cash to fund a complete overhaul of the playing staff
  • Options
    To be fair to Jones, he's done better at Stoke than Chris Kamara!

• Options
    Nathan Jones currently taking the weekly press conference!
  • Options
    Tom Jones would have done a better job
  • Options
    even Catherine Zeta-Jones
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Unbelievable 
  • Options

Stoke are set to sack Nathan Jones after the club's disastrous start to the Championship season. Jones's troubled tenure will end after 10 months, with the club second bottom in the division and losing 10 of their 14 league games this season. They have won just six of his 38 games in charge.

Stoke do not face league leaders West Brom until Monday night, but the decision will be made today after the return of vice-chairman John Coates from a short family holiday.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/11/01/stoke-city-poised-sack-nathan-jones-disastrous-start-championship/

• Options
    I have a horrible feeling they're going to try to pinch Bowyer. The look on bobmunro's face would probably be a factor in their decision.
  • Options
    Surprised they're chosing to sack Jones now that results have slightly improved
  • Options
    I have a horrible feeling they're going to try to pinch Bowyer. The look on bobmunro's face would probably be a factor in their decision.
    Not on my watch!
  • Options
    I think the failure of Jones will put off many other current managers
  • Options
    Dont believe it. They've just started to pick up. Paper talk.

STOKE CITY have today parted company with manager Nathan Jones with immediate effect.

Assistant manager Paul Hart and first team coach Joaquin Gomez have also left the bet365 Stadium.

The Club would like to thank Nathan and his staff for their efforts over the past nine months.

Nathan Jones said: “I would like to thank John and Peter Coates, firstly for the opportunity to manage this Football Club and then for the continued support and patience throughout my time here. I would also like to thank the supporters for their fantastic support. Finally, I wish the Club the very best for the future.”

A new managerial appointment will be made as swiftly as possible but in the meantime Rory Delap, Kevin Russell and Andy Quy will take charge of first-team affairs.

https://www.stokecityfc.com/news/2019/november/Club-Statement/

• Sponsored links:

• Options

The Tony Pulis MkI sounds like the drabbest car in history 
    Must have been a good seller if they produced a MkII... Sounds like Bob is hinting that the MkIII is in production
  • Options
    How about a Horace Austerberry Mk II ?
  • Options
    Stoke's squad cost £143million! The most expensive ever in the Championship, I think.
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:
    Stoke's squad cost £143million! The most expensive ever in the Championship, I think.
    How's Jordan Cousins getting on up there?
  • Options
    Surprised he’s lasted as long as he has actually. Awful run of results.
  • Options
    I wonder what the odds were on BET365 for him to be sacked?
    Sounds like insider betting to me.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Vincenzo said:
    How's Jordan Cousins getting on up there?

Could be worse.