Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Happy St George’s Day

Big effort in Borough Market yesterday and more stuff planned all day today.

Treat yourself, have a Monday pint at lunchtime.

Comments

• We are having a party here this evening. Happy St. George's Day!
  • My boss has just text me to say his daughter gave birth to their first grandchild today at 2.35 am - a little boy - great timing by the lad, not been named George unfortunately - but great day to have your birthday on !!

Happy St George's Day
  • none of us should be in work today as it should be a public holiday, also more the fact that i was at the marathon yesterday and due to one of the runners having some connections at ft there was a free bar laid on after at the boat next to embankment.
  • edited April 2018
    Happy St George’s day Sassenachs, I’ll have a couple of European lagers at lunch time in your honour.
  • Happy St. Georges day from another country that has St George as it's patron Saint.
  • Happy St. George's Day to everyone and Happy Anniversary to my parents!!
  • Yeah, and happy anniversary to Foro's folks
  • Sponsored links:

• British by birth, English by the grace of God. Happy St George's Day!
  • Daggs said:

My St George's day scooter ride-out starts in 5minutes. Three Lambrettas (made in Italy, but fully restored here in England, by me) touring Kent, South of Maidstone. :)

It was the classic drive it day yesterday and saw a nice one (and a Vespa) while I was out.
  • Happy St George's Day everyone, Shakespeare's birth AND death day, it's my birthday also, just need it to be takeover day for the perfect present!!!!!!
  • Stig said:

I could bloody kill a pint of that right now!!

Very hard to come by in Saudi though!!
  • Happy St George's Day to all!
  • Happy St George's Day to all the countries and cities he is patron saint of.
  • My boss has just text me to say his daughter gave birth to their first grandchild today at 2.35 am - a little boy - great timing by the lad, not been named George unfortunately - but great day to have your birthday on !!

Happy St George's Day

Why wouldn't you call him George?!
  • Sponsored links:

• Will it be okay to remind the Irish that leprechauns don't really exist, St Patrick was a Brit and the founder of Guinness was against Irish home rule then, next March?

Used to love the Gravesham St George's Day procession, with different colours and cultures celebrating our Nation Day
  • Who is out tonight then to celebrate ?

DJ in the millers
  • St George's Day Procession (a day early) in Hertford delayed us getting to our away match on time yesterday - but we still won :).

Happy St George's Day

Agreed - however his daughter was adamant what the name would be if it was a boy - and we all know it's best not to challenge such decisions when made by the fairer sex !!!
  • Why do we celebrate George, who was a Roman Soldier from Greek nobility, who ended up getting beheaded by the Romans because he wouldn't denounce Christianity ?

Edward the third started this and Henry V went into battle with this according to Will Shakespeare:
    Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'"

Why couldn't we find a good Englishman or woman for our saint.

Boudicca the red head for me.
    I go on a pilgrimage to her statue on Westminster bridge at least six times a year to pay homage to her and her daughters.

Happy St George's Day

George Graham?
  • Daggs said:

My St George's day scooter ride-out starts in 5minutes. Three Lambrettas (made in Italy, but fully restored here in England, by me) touring Kent, South of Maidstone. :)

It was the classic drive it day yesterday and saw a nice one (and a Vespa) while I was out.
    Being repaired by the roadside?
  • Why do we celebrate George, who was a Roman Soldier from Greek nobility, who ended up getting beheaded by the Romans because he wouldn't denounce Christianity ?

Edward the third started this and Henry V went into battle with this according to Will Shakespeare:

I go on a pilgrimage to her statue on Westminster bridge at least six times a year to pay homage to her and her daughters.

Saint Bowyer's day?

St Alban should be the patron saint of England in my opinion.

Saint Bowyer's day?
    Saintly Bowyer.