Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rommedahl Drug Taking Shock

Lativa 0 - Denmark 2

rommedahl - 15th min scores
rommedahl - 16th min booking
rommedahl - 17th min scores

the man's on something!

Comments

• Options
    ... on a mission to get a new club - and hopefully net us some wedge into the bargain!
  • Options
    You gotta love Dennis.

What a bluffer.
  • Options
    Er, they were playing Latvia. A bit like playing against Wales....... ;-)

But good on Dennis. A goal is a goal whoever you score against.
  • Options
    Both his goals were really good finishes as well
  • Options
    He obviously hates us, the fans the club the lot... those goals were outstanding...
  • Options
    he always clapped the fans at the end of games unlike most..... what was his longest run of games he got for us ???
    and never forget that winner at selhurst in the last minute
  • Options
    Always said he had it in him. For whatever reason, Charlton have not been able to bring it out. Don't think he's lazy nor that he hates us - but the management/coaches at CAFC have never given him the confidence to perform.
  • Options
    I know, i know... i just got a massive dose of frustration .....

those goals were quality
  • Options
    I personally think he's just not suited to a side that don't have the ball that much which is why he didn't really get going for us. He's not one for tracking back and getting a crunching tackle in is he?! Similar in a way to Mascherano who did bugger all at west ham but has shone in the liverpool side and also for Argentina who dominate games, keep the ball and attack for the majority of a game.
    Denmark aren't a bad side and will certainly win more than they lose. It's fitting that his goals came against quite a poor side.
    And he was brilliant for a PSV side that won virtually every game they played.
  • Options
    I have Dennis's away shirt signed by the whole team do you think it's worth more now :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]I have Dennis's away shirt signed by the whole team do you think it's worth more now :-)

How much do you (Demelza?) want for it? Said before I'd bid for it. (As long as the very deep-pocketed Mr Ooh aah doesn't outbid me yet again...)
  • Options
    Also just looked at the official site - from the pic on the home page, Dennis even looks harder when he's playing for Denmark. Very menacing!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]I have Dennis's away shirt signed by the whole team do you think it's worth more now :-)

How much do you (Demelza?) want for it? Said before I'd bid for it. (As long as the very deep-pocketed Mr Ooh aah doesn't outbid me yet again...)

Don't think I should sell it really, as I got that & Darren Bent's home shirt personally signed to me as a thank you from the players for the CD's I did them throughout the season, selling them would be pretty low of me. Think I'll probably frame them both.
  • Options
    I'd do that if I were you, Ketman. But if ever you are looking for a good home for either of them, I'd love to take them off your hands!
  • Options
    Rommedahl was booked for taking his shirt off after he scored. He had 'Boing Boing' written on his shirt, does this mean he's off to West Brom?
  • Options
    or that charlton are going to bounce back with his help?
  • Options
    Well it certainly would help us to bounce straight back if he signed for West Brom
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Peakie_Rocket[/cite]Well it certainly would help us to bounce straight back if he signed for West Brom

Apart from when he undoubtedly scores against us, home and away...
  • Options
    The booking, incidentally, was for taking off his shirt (or possibly for having "Boing Boing" written on his vest?) not for a tackle.

In his defence it has to be said that Denmark accomodate him in a way that Charlton never did. Yesterday they started with a line-uo including 3 wingers and 2 strikers, a formation which they would also have finished Saturday's game with if they had finished it.

I'm sure it's a mixture of chicken and egg but possibly he enjoys playing for Denmark and feels far more motivated because they feed him the right balls (as for his first goal yesterday) and play to his strengths rather than asking him to track back and cover the opposing full-back.
  • Options
    Exactly, Hugo.

btw, you're not Danish, are you?
    Er du Danske? ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: HugoZHackenbush[/cite]I'm sure it's a mixture of chicken and egg but possibly he enjoys playing for Denmark and feels far more motivated because they feed him the right balls (as for his first goal yesterday) and play to his strengths rather than asking him to track back and cover the opposing full-back.

Which is exactly why we need him next year. He wont have to do the tracking back as much, we will be the team in the ascendancy (i hope) most games which will play to his strengths.

Remember at the beginning of the 05/06 season when we were playing brilliantly and had teams on the back foot? He was one of our best players.

Admittedely, when we have to fight for every ball and run around like maniacs every game to make up for shortfalls in ability he gets lost but i really do think he could be an important player for us next year.
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Video clip of the goals

http://6.upload.dailymotion.com/FootballHeaven/video/3682564
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Dennis could still stay if no one offers him a better wage than he is at Charlton. I think has another year of his contract to run. Since money is king with players then I think he will stay. Reg said that the club will still have to pay premier wages to some players because of their contracts.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]Dennis could still stay if no one offers him a better wage than he is at Charlton.
    I suggested this a couple of days ago, but I don't think there was much take up at the time!!
  • Options
    Great skill and pass for the first goal by Bendtner. If Arsenal don't want him we'll have him on loan for a season!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Exactly, Hugo.

Er du Danske? ;-)

I'm not Danish, I have 2 passports: 1 official UK, 1 unofficial Yorkshire.

I grew up in Denmark and could probably pass myself off of for being Danish but I'm not.

I also don't live in Denmark, I live in Stockholm and could have wandered a mile down the road to watch Sweden vs Iceland in the flesh, or watche it live on tv, but one of the channels in my tv package was showing Latvia vs Denmark so I watched that instead. I find the approach of Morten Olsen so refreshing when contrasted with that of McLaren, Eriksson, Venables or any other England coach in living history. Or Curbs, come to that.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Great skill and pass for the first goal by Bendtner. If Arsenal don't want him we'll have him on loan for a season!

You're right about Bendtner's pass. That apart I have to say he was singularly unimpressive in 1½ games against Sweden and Latvia.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: HugoZHackenbush[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Exactly, Hugo.

Er du Danske? ;-)

I'm not Danish, I have 2 passports: 1 official UK, 1 unofficial Yorkshire.

I grew up in Denmark and could probably pass myself off of for being Danish but I'm not.

I also don't live in Denmark, I live in Stockholm and could have wandered a mile down the road to watch Sweden vs Iceland in the flesh, or watche it live on tv, but one of the channels in my tv package was showing Latvia vs Denmark so I watched that instead. I find the approach of Morten Olsen so refreshing when contrasted with that of McLaren, Eriksson, Venables or any other England coach in living history. Or Curbs, come to that.

Cheers, Hugo. I grew to like Denmark & Danish humour.
  • Options
    In that case be my guest:

http://spil.kathart.dk/fodbold/
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite] Cheers, Hugo. I grew to like Denmark & Danish humour.

I mainly concentrate on the bacon