Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Play off teams away allocation

Comments

• Options

Whoever we play we'll sell it out. We took 6,000 up to Boro on a Tuesday night even if coach travel was free.

we have to get there 1st but that was an fa cup 1/4 final and was 5250 that went, 52 coaches, 3 planes, 2 trains at a cost of 130k to the club, and we was premier league, were lucky to get 6000 at a home game now.
    We'd still take 2,500 up to Rotherham I'd be amazed if we didn't. It's not a criticism of our fans it's just what we do at away games when there's something riding on the match like a play off.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

Not sure that Scunny can finish 4th can only finish with 76 points which Rotherham already have with a better goal diffence.

Scunny can only finish fourth if they win their remaining games and Rotherham lose their remaining games

To do that, Scunny's Goal Difference would go up, and Rotherham's would come down, only a nine goal swing at the moment so if Scunny won every game 2-0 and Rotherham lost every game 2-0, they'd be overtaken
  • Options
    We are no different to any other club and that is the bigger the game the more come out the woodwork.

If we get to Wembley we will sell 30,000 tickets that is because Roland will be forgotten by all the protesters and there will be wives, girlfriends, mates who support other teams and kids.
  • Options
    Cor dont we talk a load of b@llocks.
    It took us what nearly a month to sell out portsmouth.
    Do we know if weve sold the 700 for rochdale yet.
    The
  • Options

Most people that didn't turn up at Carlisle didn't do so because it wasn't guaranteed that that was the day that promotion was confirmed. If it was a win-and-promoted scenario then we'd have sold out our allocation there within days.

As it was, on the day we needed to win and have the Wendies lose at Colchester (unlikely result but they did). Most people expected us to finalise promotion the following weekend.

So we turn up when we want when other teams wouldve sold out anyway.
  • Options

Most people that didn't turn up at Carlisle didn't do so because it wasn't guaranteed that that was the day that promotion was confirmed. If it was a win-and-promoted scenario then we'd have sold out our allocation there within days.

As it was, on the day we needed to win and have the Wendies lose at Colchester (unlikely result but they did). Most people expected us to finalise promotion the following weekend.

this. Persueded Golfie and Golfie Jnr it wouldn't happen and none of us went. Really didnt think the Massives would lose. I've gone and done it again though and committed to something else for Rochdale date. If we need something i may have to pull a sickie and join Golfie and his boy after all.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    clb74 said:

So we turn up when we want when other teams wouldve sold out anyway.
    Pretty much. Not saying we have the greatest away support in the world but people questioning if we would sell out a play off semi final are way off the mark.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

The

would have sold a lot quicker if not for the Wimbldon debacle.
  • Options

We are no different to any other club and that is the bigger the game the more come out the woodwork.

If we get to Wembley we will sell 30,000 tickets that is because Roland will be forgotten by all the protesters and there will be wives, girlfriends, mates who support other teams and kids.

this even on saturday i spoke to spurs, chelsea, man u and liverpool fans that were there with there mates on a piss up also its the cost £48 match and train ticket, great atmosphere, great weather.
  • Options

clb74 said:

The

Dont forget if we had of lost to Shrewsbury we wouldn't have sold pompey out
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Rothko said:

Didn't we take the best part of 3,000 to Swindon for the first leg on a Friday night?

2k. They only gave us the uncovered "Steve Jones '98 End" and not the bit on the side that they usually give.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

People like to have a moan about our away attendances but when there's a big game on, our fans always show up in numbers.

Sadly have to disagree with that. Taking into account the gates we've been getting at home this season (the real ones, which are usually at least 2,000 less than the official attendance figure), Saturday's turnout was good. Taking 2,500 anywhere when you're only getting 7-8,000 at home is pretty good.

But we only had about 1,600 at Selhurst for Rommedahl in the last minute, a Premier League London derby against one of our 2 most hated rivals, and we always struggle to sell out at The Den, whilst they always seem to sell out their allocation at The Valley within a matter of days.

Taking 8,500 to Selhurst in the Championship was pretty impressive, but only having 1,000 or so at Blackburn and Carlisle for champions/promotion confirmation seems pretty poor to me.

Probably the main reason we used to have the (usually disastrous) Operation Free Coaches trips is because the team supposedly respond to the support (although they usually didn't) and the club knew they couldn't rely on numbers turning up without laying the travel on.

Operation Riverside and Operation Ewood would probably have had no more than 1,500 Charlton without the club stepping in.

Taking 7,000 to Fulham for that cup game in 11/12 is great support, but why did only 1 in 7 of them make it to Carlisle to see us confirm promotion.

I'd say we're inconsistent at best.
    100%
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Taking 7,000 to Fulham for that cup game in 11/12 is great support

The took as many to Fulham away as we had at home in the previous round game.
  • Options

Rothko said:

Didn't we take the best part of 3,000 to Swindon for the first leg on a Friday night?

2k. They only gave us the uncovered "Steve Jones '98 End" and not the bit on the side that they usually give.
    You're getting greedy now, play off semi final & a bit on the side.
  • Options

Rothko said:

Yeah, when we played them in the league in February we only got the side bit and behind the goal was left empty. Then 3 months later they took the side for themselves and we had the open end behind the goal.
  • Options
    Sheffield Wednesday drew at Colchester in 2012.
  • Options
    We need all the stars aligned for us to have a decent away following
  • Options
    edited April 2018

As it was, on the day we needed to win and have the Wendies lose at Colchester (unlikely result but they did). Most people expected us to finalise promotion the following weekend.</</b>blockquote>

Yes, they did, didn't they @LargeAddick !!!! We had our tickets (me, him & Golfie Jnr) but then the numpty "persuaded" me that as the above 2 scenarios weren't likely then we might as well save our money & not go. Sent the tickets back & spent the afternoon watching unfold via SSN. Golfie Jnr has never forgotten (or forgiven him) for spoiling the only (to date) euphoric moment & one of the reasons why we are going to Rochdale.

• Options

clb74 said:

The

Exactly
    This is the Charlton way
    How many of us are waiting till Saturday before deciding whether to go to Rochdale, results will go our way and then if Rochdale were not to give us extra tickets we will be moaning why they not giving us more.
    On top of this come Sunday a thread will be started as to why can't the club run a train to rochdale
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clb74 said:

clb74 said:

The

Exactly
    This is the Charlton way
    How many of us are waiting till Saturday before deciding whether to go to Rochdale, results will go our way and then if Rochdale were not to give us extra tickets we will be moaning why they not giving us more.
    On top of this come Sunday a thread will be started as to why can't the club run a train to rochdale
    Dont understand this.
    Regardless of what happens on Saturday, its likely that we will still be in it one way or another at Rochdale. Scunthorpe play Plymouth, so one, or both of them are going to lose points.
  • Options

You don’t arf love a ‘yeah but’ winge bitch about your fellow fans @clb74

We are what we are mate

I am what I am mate
    I did say the Charlton way
  • Options

clb74 said:

clb74 said:

The

Exactly
    This is the Charlton way
    Dont understand this.
    Regardless of what happens on Saturday, its likely that we will still be in it one way or another at Rochdale. Scunthorpe play Plymouth, so one, or both of them are going to lose points.
    If Plymouth lose tomorrow and Saturday and we win Saturday, Plymouth can't catch us.
    The Rochdale game could be meaningless for us and Bowyer could play a half reserve team to lessen possible injuries. It's pretty obvious to me. (I'm not saying this will happen).
  • Options
    But it's the last away game of the season.

No more football (apart from pre season, which probably won't happen other than Welling) until possibly August.

It's party time regardless of where we are in the league.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

But it's the last away game of the season.

No more football (apart from pre season, which probably won't happen other than Welling) until possibly August.

It's party time regardless of where we are in the league.

No more football until the first play off game a few days later. Then the 2nd leg and then Wembley.I'm not just a one game a season man :wink:
  • Options
    clb74 said:

You don’t arf love a ‘yeah but’ winge bitch about your fellow fans @clb74

We are what we are mate

I am what I am mate
    I did say the Charlton way
    Very appropriate opening line.
  • Options

clb74 said:

clb74 said:

The

Exactly
    This is the Charlton way
    Dont understand this.
    If Plymouth lose tomorrow and Saturday and we win Saturday, Plymouth can't catch us.
    The Rochdale game could be meaningless for us and Bowyer could play a half reserve team to lessen possible injuries. It's pretty obvious to me. (I'm not saying this will happen).
    I still think we'll not be in the semis prior to the Rochdale game.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

The

The..... ?

Unfortunately the club has a habit of putting restrictions on for far too long. Even Portsmouth began on restricted sale ?? Why ??

I remember when we went to the new Rotherham ground for the first time, Valley Gold and ST had about 2 weeks before tickets then went on sale to ST only, removing the opportunity to purchase advance rail tickets. By the time they went on general sale, train fares were very pricey.

I get you need to offer away tickets to those categories first but FFS, restrict the time sale period. If you are in those categories and need a fortnight to decide then you're taking the proverbial... The club will know regular away followers who are not VG & ST, some like me not even ST for obvious current reasons. Do the maths.