Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Play off teams away allocation

13»

Comments

• Options

clb74 said:

clb74 said:

Cor dont we talk a load of b@llocks.
    It took us what nearly a month to sell out portsmouth.
    Do we know if weve sold the 700 for rochdale yet.
    The

would have sold a lot quicker if not for the Wimbldon debacle.
    Exactly
    This is the Charlton way
    How many of us are waiting till Saturday before deciding whether to go to Rochdale, results will go our way and then if Rochdale were not to give us extra tickets we will be moaning why they not giving us more.
    On top of this come Sunday a thread will be started as to why can't the club run a train to rochdale
    Dont understand this.
    Regardless of what happens on Saturday, its likely that we will still be in it one way or another at Rochdale. Scunthorpe play Plymouth, so one, or both of them are going to lose points.
    If Plymouth lose tomorrow and Saturday and we win Saturday, Plymouth can't catch us.
    The Rochdale game could be meaningless playoff party for us and Bowyer could play a half reserve team to lessen possible injuries. It's pretty obvious to me. (I'm not saying this will happen).

We need all the stars aligned for us to have a decent away following

You're slipping. If I may?

Oxford took 2,200 To Carlisle in 2016 and Luton had 1,400 there on Saturday. Both were division 4 games. I suppose both are a little nearer to Carlisle...
  • Options
    Spanish said:

clb74 said:

The

The..... ?

Unfortunately the club has a habit of putting restrictions on for far too long. Even Portsmouth began on restricted sale ?? Why ??

I remember when we went to the new Rotherham ground for the first time, Valley Gold and ST had about 2 weeks before tickets then went on sale to ST only, removing the opportunity to purchase advance rail tickets. By the time they went on general sale, train fares were very pricey.

I get you need to offer away tickets to those categories first but FFS, restrict the time sale period. If you are in those categories and need a fortnight to decide then you're taking the proverbial... The club will know regular away followers who are not VG & ST, some like me not even ST for obvious current reasons. Do the maths.
    Agree totally about VG and Season Ticket holders being given a 2 week window to decide. Personally think 2 days is enough.
  • Options
    Spanish said:

clb74 said:

The

The..... ?

Unfortunately the club has a habit of putting restrictions on for far too long. Even Portsmouth began on restricted sale ?? Why ??

I remember when we went to the new Rotherham ground for the first time, Valley Gold and ST had about 2 weeks before tickets then went on sale to ST only, removing the opportunity to purchase advance rail tickets. By the time they went on general sale, train fares were very pricey.

I get you need to offer away tickets to those categories first but FFS, restrict the time sale period. If you are in those categories and need a fortnight to decide then you're taking the proverbial... The club will know regular away followers who are not VG & ST, some like me not even ST for obvious current reasons. Do the maths.
    Spanish your maths cant be the same as mine then
    When has 8 days ever been 14 days.
  • Options
    I'd like to think we'd take 2k away for a semi final playoff. They all come out the woodwork for big games
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Spanish said:

clb74 said:

The

The..... ?

What are you talking about CLB74 ? I said Rotherham away, about 4 or so seasons back not Portsmouth. However, Portsmouth also went on restricted sale initially, which made the sale drag.

The club needn't impose these restrictions for so long. Doubtless if we get to the play offs there will be many regular away supporters who won't get a chance to go which is unfortunate. You're not any less or more loyal if you don't have a ST or VG but go away. Undoubtedly, those who just go away regularly will spend more although not direct to the club.
  • Options
    Need to make sure we get to Wembley, i will be away that week so will miss the playoffs but will watch in Vegas :smile:
  • Options
    Spanish said:

clb74 said:

Spanish said:

clb74 said:

The

The..... ?

What are you talking about CLB74 ? I said Rotherham away, about 4 or so seasons back not Portsmouth. However, Portsmouth also went on restricted sale initially, which made the sale drag.

The club needn't impose these restrictions for so long. Doubtless if we get to the play offs there will be many regular away supporters who won't get a chance to go which is unfortunate. You're not any less or more loyal if you don't have a ST or VG but go away. Undoubtedly, those who just go away regularly will spend more although not direct to the club.
    No Spanish what are you going on about.
    As a season ticket holder and valley gold I normally get a couple of days to take up my ticket option.
    Then it goes to season ticket holders or Valley gold a few days after that fans who been to 3 away games.
    Then after about 8 or 9 days they go on general sale .
    Your the one going on about people taking the proverbial if they need 2 weeks.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    clb74 said:

Spanish said:

clb74 said:

Spanish said:

clb74 said:

The

The..... ?

As a season ticket holder and valley gold I normally get a couple of days to take up my ticket option.
    Then it goes to season ticket holders or Valley gold a few days after that fans who been to 3 away games.
    Mate you need to take a breather, all this pent up confusion. I never said YOU took 2 weeks (how would I possibly know that ?), I said the club put the restriction up. Your point was we struggled to sell for Portsmouth. My point being it went on restricted sale. Get over it.
  • Options
    Spanish said:

clb74 said:

Spanish said:

clb74 said:

Spanish said:

clb74 said:

The

The..... ?

Mate you need to take a breather, all this pent up confusion. I never said YOU took 2 weeks (how would I possibly know that ?), I said the club put the restriction up. Your point was we struggled to sell for Portsmouth. My point being it went on restricted sale. Get over it.
    It took 3 weeks to sell the tickets once they'd been put on general sale mate.
  • Options
    Spanish said:

clb74 said:

Spanish said:

clb74 said:

Spanish said:

clb74 said:

The

The..... ?

I make you right there Spanish.