Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ideal Scenario from tonights matches

Comments

• Options
    There is one more scenario...

If we win 1-0 in both our last two games. We would have 74 points +9 GD, scored 59, conceded 50.

If Plymouth win 3 of their 4 games 2-0 and draw the other 0-0. They would have 74 points +9 GD, scored 59, conceded 50.

Exactly the same record including wins, draws and losses.

How would they work out who goes into the play-offs?
  • Options
    There seems to be an awful lot of people on here taking Saturdays game as a "gimme". I would not be at all surprised if Blackburn rolled us over.

Its a tough game.
  • Options

Not sure why you want Shrewsbury to draw as that means Peterborough pick up a point thus closing the gap on us. We are not going to catch Shrewsbury in third place so let them have the win and get futher away from us and keep Peterborough at arms length.

If Peterborough draw, at best they can pip us on GD if we lost our remaining 2 matches, and if that happened I'd be surprised if Plymouth and Scunthorpe didn't overtake us anyway

• Options
    Sage said:

If we win 1-0 in both our last two games. We would have 74 points +9 GD, scored 59, conceded 50.

If Plymouth win 3 of their 4 games 2-0 and draw the other 0-0. They would have 74 points +9 GD, scored 59, conceded 50.

results against each other
  • Options

There seems to be an awful lot of people on here taking Saturdays game as a "gimme". I would not be at all surprised if Blackburn rolled us over.

Its a tough game.

Really? I don’t think I’ve seen a single person who has seriously suggested Blackburn are a gimme.

Also:

Not sure why you want Shrewsbury to draw as that means Peterborough pick up a point thus closing the gap on us. We are not going to catch Shrewsbury in third place so let them have the win and get futher away from us and keep Peterborough at arms length.

Someone already explained this - if Shrews draw tonight, then in order to get caught by Posh, we would have to lose our last two games. If that happens, we surely won’t go up anyway, so Peterborough probably wouldn’t really be a threat. People want Shrews to drop points in the hope that Blackburn might take their foot off the gas on Saturday due to securing promotion. That’s all.
    It may be hope rather than expectation, but you’ve got to hang on to something!
  • Options

Its a tough game.

dont think its a gimmie but i think a draw is achievable from us, the players did react to saturday i know rolands still a crusty lump of shit but if people can get there saturday they should i think, purchase ticket only and get behind the lads.
  • Options

i am purely looking at Plymouth and Scunthorpe as i see those as the threats, there respective fixtures for rest of season.

plymouth

Rochdale A - can see a low score draw both need to win and will be panicking about letting a goal in, how they lost to northampton the weekend i wont know as they were possibly one of the worst football teams i have ever seen.

Rotherham H - if getting no more than a point from tonight's game really a must win for them, rotherham in theory have nothing to play for as cannot be caught and cannot overtake shrewsbury, plymouths home form has also been quite good. plymouth win

scunthorpe A - lose

gillingham A - could need a win for playoffs but would mean us not getting any points, plymouth win

final points; 71

scunthorpe

mk dons A - if mk dons can get a result from tuesday ( bradford a ) unlikely will pretty much be relegated. scunthorpe win

plymouth H - will need the win for playoffs. scunthorpe win,

bradford H - a bradford team with nothing to play. scunthorpe win

final points; 76

as for us i've maintained since Saturday a draw and a win will do us, we have nothing to lose saturday go at them from the off and who knows.

oh and if derby could get a win tonight that would be great

Surely Saturday is the complete opposite of having nothing to lose?
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

i am purely looking at Plymouth and Scunthorpe as i see those as the threats, there respective fixtures for rest of season.

plymouth

Rochdale A - can see a low score draw both need to win and will be panicking about letting a goal in, how they lost to northampton the weekend i wont know as they were possibly one of the worst football teams i have ever seen.

Rotherham H - if getting no more than a point from tonight's game really a must win for them, rotherham in theory have nothing to play for as cannot be caught and cannot overtake shrewsbury, plymouths home form has also been quite good. plymouth win

scunthorpe A - lose

gillingham A - could need a win for playoffs but would mean us not getting any points, plymouth win

final points; 71

scunthorpe

mk dons A - if mk dons can get a result from tuesday ( bradford a ) unlikely will pretty much be relegated. scunthorpe win

plymouth H - will need the win for playoffs. scunthorpe win,

bradford H - a bradford team with nothing to play. scunthorpe win

final points; 76

as for us i've maintained since Saturday a draw and a win will do us, we have nothing to lose saturday go at them from the off and who knows.

oh and if derby could get a win tonight that would be great

Surely Saturday is the complete opposite of having nothing to lose?
    i mean by going at blackburn and trying to win the game as opposed to trying to sit back for 90 mins and salvage a draw which from there league position seems nigh impossible.
  • Options
    Lets just wait and see and win our games so we dont have to worry about the others, seems like many twists could still be in front of us. But if we win our last 2 we will be in the playoffs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sage said:

"if two sides are level on points, level on goal difference, have scored an equal number of goals, have shared the points against each other this season and are again level on goal difference and goals scored in those fixtures, then a play-off is required"

So we'd have a play off for the play offs.
  • Options

Sage said:

"if two sides are level on points, level on goal difference, have scored an equal number of goals, have shared the points against each other this season and are again level on goal difference and goals scored in those fixtures, then a play-off is required"

So we'd have a play off for the play offs.
    Bloody hell, that would be some crazy, crazy game and atmosphere!
  • Options
    Where would it be played? Neutral ground?
  • Options

Where would it be played? Neutral ground?

Wembley?

Get in a bit of practice for the end of the month :wink:
  • Options

Because then Blackburn drawing both put them up and too far away to catch Wigan, meaning next Saturday against us is a complete dead rubber for them. It's also why we want Rochdale to win all their games between now and the last game. That way they can give a big sigh of relief and think about their holidays, rather than have to get a result against us to stay up.
  • Options
    If there is any mathematical possibility of winning the title no matter how remote, Blackburn will still be going for it - if they take a point and Wigan win tonight they will be 5 behind with 6 to play for.
  • Options
    I have no idea how this will all unfold but isn't it great that we're even getting the chance to look at all the scenarios.
  • Options

Its a tough game.

At last, words of wisdom and common sense. We will have to play at our best - and get the rub of the green - to beat Rovers. They are where they are in the league for a reason. Our home form is nothing to get excited about and we have under-performed on numerous occasions. To be fair the Rotherham and Plymouth games were outstanding 90-minute performances - anything less on Saturday and we can look forward to playing Accrington Stanley next season.
  • Options
    The only result I'm interested in tonight is Plymouth.
    If Plymouth win tonight we may well need six points from our last two games.
    If Plymouth fail to win tonight four points should be enough for us.
    Come on Rochdale.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lots of if and buts to come. I genuinely think 3 more points would do it, possibly even 2 draws.
    https://thefishy.co.uk/calculator1.php
  • Options
    All the teams who are problems to us are snatched by aliens, and the EFL have to promote us as champions. That’s the ideal isn’t it
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    We could also do with Bradford City failing to beat MK Dons.

Bradford's next two games are also at home, against Southend and Walsall.
    Should Bradford win all three of those games and we lose to Blackburn on Saturday, Bradford would be only 1 point behind us going into the last day of the regular season.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Shrewsbury Win
    Rochdale Win
    Blackburn Win
    Wigan Win
    Southend Win (No change to the playoffs here, but it's SCP proving still he is decent...)

Move on
  • Options
    What a laugh. Love the idea of a play-off play-off. St Andrews Sunday night.

Is there a scenario were we need a draw to secure playoffs and Rochdale need a draw to stay up? Love to see a game where the ball doesn't leave the centre circle.
  • Options

What a laugh. Love the idea of a play-off play-off. St Andrews Sunday night.

Is there a scenario were we need a draw to secure playoffs and Rochdale need a draw to stay up? Love to see a game where the ball doesn't leave the centre circle.

These are always really strange. Think there was a championship game (can't remember which teams) a number of years back where both teams spent the last 10mins standing around with all 4 stands cheering etc.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Ignore this post...
  • Options
    Sage said:

Sage said:

results against each other
    Of which we lost 2-0 at their place, and won 2-0 at The Valley.

This was my point, everything would be the same.
    Pre play off play off?
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

(as an aside from CAFC issues, a defeat for the grief merchant wall pushing bin dippers would be nice)

Totally lost on me.
  • Options

Ideal scenario? Wigan, Rovers and Shrews all field ineligible players, or flout the rules in some egregious way and each get 30 point deductions, Rotherham and Charlton become the new top 2...

Closely followed by America, Russia and the Middle East indulge in a trade war that ruins their economies meaning the Glazers, Abramovich and whoever owns Man City and Liverpool all go bust.