Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Worst food you ate in childhood?

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2018
    There's only one food that comes to mind, that I ain't too keen on and that is marzipan. Still eat it though
  • Options
    Liquorice.
  • Options
    Gypsy Tart anyone.....?

*sorry wrong thread ;o)
  • Options
    Macronate said:

Bubble & squeak.

Still don't like it now.

WHAT!!!! What do you have with your Jacket Potato, cold meats and pickles on Boxing Day then.
  • Options
    Swede was the one thing I couldn't eat from school dinners back in the sixties.

I feel sick now thinking and remembering the smell and the taste as I type this.
  • Options
    Is gypsy tart the short crust pastry with caramel on it?
  • Options
    .....or is that millionaires tart?
  • Options
    ....not that it matters, they can both get in my belly
  • Options

Yes something like that, just full of sugar.
  • Options
    Baked beans
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Macronate said:

Bubble & squeak.

Still don't like it now.

WHAT!!!! What do you have with your Jacket Potato, cold meats and pickles on Boxing Day then.
    You have jacket potato AND bubble and squeak?

Your're only missing the chips for the full Irish mixed grill!
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Yes something like that, just full of sugar.
    Nom nom nom
  • Options

Macronate said:

Bubble & squeak.

Still don't like it now.

Small portion of bubble on Boxing Day as well as a jacket and then larger portions of bubble as the week goes on.
  • Options
    Im getting more stressed out by the suggesrions on this thread than the Royal Baby and Happy St George's Day threads, put together
  • Options

Macronate said:

Bubble & squeak.

Still don't like it now.

It's mash with cold meat and pickles on Boxing Day - anything else is just wrong.
  • Options
    I can accept either mash or bubble.....
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Macronate said:

Bubble & squeak.

Still don't like it now.

It's mash with cold meat and pickles on Boxing Day - anything else is just wrong.
    Don't do this to me Bob, my son in laws family have mash on Boxing Day and its not right.
  • Options

bobmunro said:

Macronate said:

Bubble & squeak.

Still don't like it now.

Don't do this to me Bob, my son in laws family have mash on Boxing Day and its not right.
    I'm right, they're right - you're wrong :)
  • Options
    Macronate said:

Bubble & squeak.

Still don't like it now.

Coincidentally that's what my guts were doing the last time I ate it
  • Options

Liver

Do you like liver now i.e. liver & bacon?
    No mate. It’s sits firmly in the list of food I can’t even look at: Beetroot, Lamb and Prawns.
    Beetroot, Lamb, Prawns & Liver................whats up with you, now I know you are a wrong un :smile:
    guilty as charged.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2018

Witchettey grub and Kangaroo penis, but then I was raised by the Leealowa tribe of the Northern Territory...

Once the club is taken over by the Aussies all you will only be able to get is kangaroo cock and fosters. Thinking about it, we might as well relocate to Cockfosters.
  • Options
    edited April 2018

Liver

No mate. It’s sits firmly in the list of food I can’t even look at: Beetroot, Lamb and Prawns.
    Beetroot, Lamb, Prawns & Liver................whats up with you, now I know you are a wrong un :smile:
    guilty as charged.
    Too bloody right. Lamb with mint sauce is one of life's great pleasures.
  • Options

Macronate said:

Bubble & squeak.

Still don't like it now.

Jacket potato on Boxing Day!!

You monster.
  • Options
    Macronate said:

Macronate said:

Bubble & squeak.

Still don't like it now.

Jacket potato on Boxing Day!!

You monster.
    Quite.
  • Options
    My school did a vile purple blancmange that everyone hated. I got into trouble for tipping the entire table’s worth of the stuff behind the nearest radiator. I had no idea where behind the radiator went, it just meant the horrible stuff wasn’t on our plates.
    ( as an interesting aside the vile purple blancmange eventually had a cameo tv role as an alien in Lost In Space a couple of years later)
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Liver

guilty as charged.
    Too bloody right. Lamb with mint sauce are on of life's great pleasures.
    And just for you Rick a Beetroot Tuile on the Lamb with a Prawn risotto on the side.
  • Options
    School dinner semolina.....circa 1957.....looked and tasted like pink frog spawn.
  • Options
    edited April 2018

bobmunro said:

Liver

guilty as charged.
    Too bloody right. Lamb with mint sauce are on of life's great pleasures.
    And just for you Rick a Beetroot Tuile on the Lamb with a Prawn risotto on the side.
  • Options

School dinner semolina.....circa 1957.....looked and tasted like pink frog spawn.

I think you are confusing it with tapioca.
  • Options
    _MrDick said:

Without doubt ... Primary school semolina with a dollop of jam. Still heave just at the thought of it.

Just posted exactly the same thing MrD......well, what a coincidence!