Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Players Marks: Charlton Athletic v Blackburn Rovers

124»

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Amos: 8 Commanding and made some vital saves

Konsa: 7 Bell gave him a game but he stuck to his task and improved as the game progressed

Bauer: 8 Commanding

Pearce: 8.5 As Bauer extra .5 for his lovely goal scoring arse!

Page: 7 Did well until his injury. Relieved it appears not to be serious

Reeves: 7 Massive improvement since LB has taken over. Left Konsa a bit exposed at times so loses .5

Kashi: 7.5 Did what he does and rarely gave it away. His shot led to the goal

Forster-Caskey: 8.5 Massive performance. My MOM narrowly from Pearce and Marshall.

Marshall: 8.5 Worked his wotsits off! Up there with John Robinson and Wagstaff for best sheer endeavour I've seen from a Charlton winger in a long while.

Ajose: 7 Little obvious impact but kept making his runs and occupying defenders

Magennis: 7 As Ajose in that despite winning the ball the headers often went nowhere but stuck at it and kept the Blackburn defence busy as well as defending well for us from corners etc.

DaSilva: 7 We were lucky to have such an able replacement for Page. Seamless introduction to the defence.
  • Options
    Amos: 8
    Konsa: 7.5
    Bauer: 8
    Pearce: 8
    Page: 7
    Reeves: 7
    Kashi: 8
    Forster-Caskey: 8
    Marshall: 8.5
    Ajose: 7
    Magennis: 8
    DaSilva: 7.5
  • Options
    Amos: 9
    Konsa: 7
    Reeves: 7
    Kashi: 7.5
    Forster-Caskey: 7.5
    Marshall: 8
    Magennis: 7.5
    DaSilva:7

Mavididi: n/a
    Aribo: n/a
  • Options
    Amos 9
    Konsa 7
    Bauer 8
    Pearce 8.5
    Page 7.5
    Reeves 7
    Kashi 7.5
    Forster-Caskey 8.5
    Marshall 9 MOM
    Ajose 7
    Magennis 7
    Dasilva 7
  • Options

Amos: 7.5
    Bauer: 6.5
    Pearce: 7
    Reeves: 6.5
    Kashi: 7
    Forster-Caskey: 7
    Marshall: 7.5
    Ajose: 6
    Magennis: 6.5
    DaSilva: 6.5
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Amos: 7.5
    Bauer: 6.5
    Marshall: 7.5
    Magennis: 6.5
    DaSilva: 6.5

Did we lose ;-)
  • Options
    Amos: 8.5 - very good saves, commanded his box and was generally a hugely reassuring figure
    Konsa: 7 - grew into the game and had a strong second half
    Bauer: 8 - played really well throughout and is particularly adept at anticipating opposition passes and stepping out to win the ball. Got a rousing reception in the North Stand Bar after the game
    Pearce: 8 - another really strong performance and an excellent leader
    Page: 7 - very solid. Hope he's ok for the play-offs
    Reeves: 6.5 - did ok but ran down a few blind alleys and left Konsa a little exposed at times
    Kashi: 7.5 - a particularly strong first half and has slotted back into the side really well
    Forster-Caskey: 7.5 - has become a consistent performer for us
    Marshall: 9: MoM - worked his nuts off and epitomised the team's work ethic
    Ajose: 6 - made very little impact
    Magennis: 7 - worked hard and kept the Blackburn defenders occupied
    DaSilva: 6.5 - we don't look quite as solid defensively without Page but Jay slotted in well and, sensibly, didn't push forward to much in the later stages
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Amos: 9.5 - I mean, he's really quite good, isn't he? I'd safely say far superior to Declan Rudd and Dillon Phillips, and despite coming in very late he is easily one of the most important signings from the summer. Say what you will about Robinson's coaching, but his record with signings immaculate.

Konsa: 7.5 - Solid defensively. He showed in that one run a great reminder that he is very good on the ball. It would be nice if against Rochdale he's given some more freedom to get forward because he can take on and beat his man. We're in the closing stages of what I think has been a real breakthrough year for him. The Premier League beckons.

Bauer: 9 - I still think he's underrated. He's just so good at getting a foot in, stopping attackers, winning headers, and stepping in to passing lanes. He reads the game so well and for a 6'4" defender he is comfortable defending both high up the pitch and out wide. Will be playing at a higher level next year, with or without us.

Pearce: 8.5 - Very solid and the type of game where he thrives. Hard to give him anything more for the goal because he knew naff all about it, but this is the type of backs to the wall, high tempo, physically exhaustive game where he thrives. He's scored two incredibly important goals for us and I don't think he knew a thing about either, but when you play well you get the breaks.

Page: 7 - Solid. The booking was silly but on first look I didn't notice the back pass. I think it's something that looks far worse on a replay or when you're not the one running at pace. Glad to see he tweeted it's only stitches.

Reeves: 7 - For all the credit Marshall gets, Reeves also works very hard and really puts a shift in defensively. I think he's isolated on the right in the flat 4-4-2, and I hope we look to change things on Saturday. But in a game where we didn't have a lot of the ball and struggled to create he grafted well.

Kashi: 9 - Another who I think we take for granted. He gives JFC the freedom to roam and to create and destroy. They're such a fantastic partnership and compliment each other so well. And the goal was largely down to him. If that is his last home game in a Charlton shirt he went out with a bang. Pure class.

Forster-Caskey: 9.5 - MOTM. Woof. It's not just his work rate and his ability to break up play, it's his technical ability and how well he looks after the ball. Watching him and Kashi hunt in a pack is a thing of beauty. His volley was pure class and drew a great save. He's got to be in with a shout for player of the season. Apart from a dip in February where everyone had a dip and where I think he was struggling from a long season followed by injury and not having Kashi, he has looked class throughout. And in the big games is where he's looked the best. A solid contender for player of the year.

Marshall: 9 - What's left to say? It ain't pretty but it sure is effective. Well done that man. A guy who seems thoroughly likeable and hopefully things will click for him going forward at some point and he'll start to really cause teams problems. But until then, keeping out a couple goals will do.

Ajose: 7 - Never thought I'd say this about him but he worked incredibly hard. Last week it was one chance, one goal, and one probably no one else at the club would have scored. This week it was dropping deep and pulling off to the left to help defensively. He's shown a real versatility that I never expect when he came in and looked like a mediocre third tier poacher. I'm very curious to see what he can do with a full pre season under a decent coach and with some confidence and the backing of the fans.

Magennis: 8 - Won a lot in the air and took up some good positions. Unlucky Konsa didn't play him in after the forty yard run. Showed once again that he can make life difficult for defenders at this level with his strength and athleticism and aerial ability. Getting a rest has really helped him.

DaSilva: 8 - I don't understand some of the stick he gets defensively because 1-v-1 he's a brick wall. Did fantastically well at closing down crosses and out muscling his man. I guess because he's short and sometimes his positioning isn't the best (though some of that is down to him getting so far forward so often), but he also won a couple key headers. Unlucky that he got injured at the wrong time or he'd be POTY.

Mavididi: n/a
    Aribo: n/a

• Options
    Amos: 9 kept us in the game, beaten only once.
    Reeves:7
    Marshall:8
    Magennis8:
    DaSilva:7
    They all worked hard, that was the best defencive performance I have seen from the team this season.
  • Options
    Konsa: 5
    Pearce: 9
    Reeves: 4
    DaSilva: 9
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Amos: 9.5
    Konsa: 8
    Forster-Caskey: 7.5
    DaSilva: 8
  • Options
    Konsa: 8
    Bauer: 8.5
    Pearce: 9,5
    Page: 7.5
    Reeves: 7.5
    Forster-Caskey: 9
    Marshall: 9.5
    Magennis: 7
    DaSilva: 7
  • Options
    Konsa: 6
    Bauer: 7
    Page: 6
    Reeves: 5
    Marshall: 9
    Magennis: 6
    DaSilva: 6
  • Options

Konsa: 5
    Reeves: 4
    DaSilva: 9

Konsa 5 and Reeves 4. You need to go to Specsavers mate.
  • Options

Bauer: 8.5
    Pearce: 9.5
    Reeves: 7.5
    Forster-Caskey: 8.5
    Magennis: 7.5