Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Brechin City - An Example Of Loyalty (Or Madness)

Played 36 Won 0 Drawn 4 Lost 32 For 20 Against 90 GD -70 Points 4

No English professional team has ever not won a game in a season and only Vale Of Leven in 1891-92 has "succeeded" in doing this. Despite offering cut-price tickets for their final game their attendance was just 661 - in the Scottish Championship too and this after they got promoted last season.

But no sackings at Brechin - the same man that took them up is still in charge to take them down too.

Comments

• Sounds like they expected to go down but maybe not do quite so badly.
  • Are they professional though? I thought that was why they had done so badly, they were up against teams who were fully professional.
  • rananegra said:

Are they professional though? I thought that was why they had done so badly, they were up against teams who were fully professional.

They are deemed professional because they are playing in a professional League. They are one of two Clubs in the division, who are run on a semi-pro basis in the sense that they train twice a week as opposed to every day - the other is, admittedly, the club that finished second bottom, Dumbarton. But they managed to get 30 points which is a big difference from no wins from 36 matches.
  • Should include them in this Week’s CL predictions
  • @addickson is our Scottish football correspondent.

I'll be interested in his thoughts.
  • Played 36 Won 0 Drawn 4 Lost 32 For 20 Against 90 GD -70 Points 4

No English professional team has ever not won a game in a season and only Vale Of Leven in 1891-92 has "succeeded" in doing this. Despite offering cut-price tickets for their final game their attendance was just 661 - in the Scottish Championship too and this after they got promoted last season.

But no sackings at Brechin - the same man that took them up is still in charge to take them down too.

They're Scottish.
  • derby city were close when they got 9 points that year
  • Such achievevent to get Brechin into the championship.

Just looked them up, they got 445 for one game, but they're not even the worst supported side in the division. Dumbarton got 392 for one game!
  • Sponsored links:

Derby City ????

Derby City ????
    apologies was a slight mistake, certainly not one of my highlights :lol:

Just looked them up, they got 445 for one game, but they're not even the worst supported side in the division. Dumbarton got 392 for one game!
    And yet the Scottish leagues get about the same media coverage on a sat aftetnoon as League one, where the attandances often exceed 15k.

Derby City ????
    Slight mistake??
    Not only did u get name of team wrong you got points wrong as well.

Derby County finished that season on 11 points

As they say @palarsehater #EpicFail :smiley::wink:
  • Can't they play Fort William in a friendly -- P33 W 0 D 4 L 29 For28 Against181
    GD-153 Pts.4
  • Apologies. Might have mistakenly flagged Covered Ends post. Then again, he might have deserved it.
  • Not as bad as my team Cowdenbeath....they will lose the pay offs and be relegated....they survived them last year, after winning on penalties AET. If they fall they wont come back.
  • Can't they play Fort William in a friendly -- P33 W 0 D 4 L 29 For28 Against181
    GD-153 Pts.4

My new second team. I’ve been following them since they lost 16-0 in December. They’ve had a run of form recently, getting a couple of draws.
  • edited May 2018

Not as bad as my team Cowdenbeath....they will lose the pay offs and be relegated

I thought they had cleaned up Scottish football after the Rangers business.
  • Sponsored links:

And yet the Scottish leagues get about the same media coverage on a sat aftetnoon as League one, where the attandances often exceed 15k.
    They don't.

Derby City ????
    Slight mistake??
    Not only did u get name of team wrong you got points wrong as well.

Derby County finished that season on 11 points

As they say @palarsehater #EpicFail :smiley::wink:
    yes hands up stats was not on the ball there.
  • Not as bad as my team Cowdenbeath....they will lose the pay offs and be relegated....they survived them last year, after winning on penalties AET. If they fall they wont come back.

Cowdenbeath are my side in Scotland that I follow yet its mainly to look out for their results... Whats happened to them for this to be the case, few seasons ago they were facing Rangers in the Scottish Championship

They don't.
    They do to an extent... Soccer Saturday will still only read the scores from League One down (they do the same for thr Scottish Leagues).

Only difference is occasionally there will be one or two English games in L1 or L2 where there will be a bloke at the Stadium yet Jeff will still know about the likes of Rory McAllister (Peterhead) and will make a comment when he scores etc.
  • Always my banker to lose every week, backed them to lose, for last couple of months and cant remember them letting me down.

Cowdenbeath are my side in Scotland that I follow yet its mainly to look out for their results... Whats happened to them for this to be the case, few seasons ago they were facing Rangers in the Scottish Championship
    Bad management i am afraid. Yes I saw one match against Rangers that finished 0-0.

They don't.
    They do to an extent... Soccer Saturday will still only read the scores from League One down (they do the same for thr Scottish Leagues).

Only difference is occasionally there will be one or two English games in L1 or L2 where there will be a bloke at the Stadium yet Jeff will still know about the likes of Rory McAllister (Peterhead) and will make a comment when he scores etc.
    Don't forget his love in with Dr Kenny Duchar....

They don't.

127 football league games get live coverage compared to 8 (eight) in the SPFL. SPL only has 60 but let's not let facts get in the way of a good moan.
  • has anyone tried telling celtic there an english club

They don't.

127 football league games get live coverage compared to 8 (eight) in the SPFL. SPL only has 60 but let's not let facts get in the way of a good moan.
    Live Coverage isnt the same as Media Coverage though...

Granted that Scottish games arent shown as often as English but then where do you go for Welsh games?