Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who wants to be a millionaire

Comments

• Options
    I guessed the TT, but then I didn't have a million quid riding on it. If you'll pardon the unintentioned pun.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    but who would actually know Isle of Man TT started 1904 and Indy 500 in 1907 ?

way too close to have a guess at it

I'd have guessed the TT but wouldn't have gambled that much on it. It would have been a toss up between the TT and Indy as I know the other 2 were much later.

The first Indy was 1911 not 1907. The race is on my bucket list, would love to go out there for it one year.

yeah sorry - 1907 and 1911 respectively
  • Options
    As motor bikes Being much cheaper and at the time faster, I guessed at the TT being the first. 
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    addick19 said:
    Millionaire question coming up after the break,go on matey...👍
    How unlucky was he? Me and the good lady wife 'guessed' it correctly but if I'd been in his shoes I too would certainly have taken the dosh.
    I was 90% sure it was the TT...but same,that 10% was to much of a gamble...well pleased for the fella..
    The problem is, if you are in that position (£500k) and the question is 'What is your middle name?' you might be tempted not to risk it :) I thought it was between the TT and Monaco. I think there were grand prix before F1 so it was a hard call. I doubt anybody was going to get a million with that question in there.

A bit like the tennis question for a previous contestant - a complete lifeline eater. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    but who would actually know Isle of Man TT started 1904 and Indy 500 in 1907 ?

• Options
    edited May 2020
    As motor bikes Being much cheaper and at the time faster, I guessed at the TT being the first. 
    My logic too...also Isle of Man didn’t need a track to be built specially & didn’t think cars would last a 24hr race back then...
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Questions so much harder tonight by far.

Last night they had the Tiger Roll question for 32k tonight it was rap artist number ones for 8k. Stitch up.
  • Options

Last night they had the Tiger Roll question for 32k tonight it was rap artist number ones for 8k. Stitch up.
    But thats your knowledge surely

Someone who doesn't know about horse racing but knows about music would have found the rap question easy and the Tiger Roll question hard
  • Options

Someone who doesn't know about horse racing but knows about music would have found the rap question easy and the Tiger Roll question hard
    Not having that. Did you watch the episode of questions she had compared to the last eipisode?
  • Options

Not having that. Did you watch the episode of questions she had compared to the last eipisode?
    No.

But I watched Quiz and if its done in the same way as it used to be, the questions are randomly selected by a computer and locked in and no one sees what they are.

I don't think they would make the questions easier just because someone won a high amount the day before
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I’m really disappointed that Dave (or whatever that bellend is called) wasn’t one of the answers. 
  • Options

No.

But I watched Quiz and if its done in the same way as it used to be, the questions are randomly selected by a computer and locked in and no one sees what they are.

I don't think they would make the questions easier just because someone won a high amount the day before
    Okay Paulie.
  • Options
    Bit like when you used to go a fruit machine and the reels would spin really fast, you knew the prior to you had won big.
  • Options

No.

I've worked in TV long enough to know you can't trust anyone in TV. I certainly wouldn't trust an ITV drama as if it was a documentary. Hell, I wouldn't even trust a documentary. 
  • Options
    There are questions that you think you would have a decent chance of getting past with enough lifelines even if you don't know the answer and life line eaters like the tennis one the other day. 
  • Options
    is it right that box c is the right answer more than any other box ? 
  • Options
    Can I phone a friend...🤔
  • Options
    If it isn't box C then it is probably one of the others even if that is by just one answer!
  • Options
    I heard that a group could gather round a high paying fruit machine, then using a bradawl put a hole in the perspex over each picture.
    You then play and fix the jackpot pictures in permanent position with a long pin or nail. Once you had your line set you play on without the spin until you empty the machine.
    That is of course criminal theft.
    I didn't hear it from Matt Southall.
  • Options
    Fella.just won the jackpot with 3 lifelines left.
    Strolled through it!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That was insane 
  • Options
    Didn’t even seem that fazed.

I’d be attempting cartwheels across the studio floor.
  • Options
    That was amazing to watch back. I can comfortably say I'd have got 11 of the 15, but would have needed all the lifelines on the other 4.
  • Options
    It wasn’t that he knew the answers. It was how he knew so much about all the answers. 

The Callaghan one is quite a common question but he also named the offices held by the other answers. 

The years of Big Ben, Eiffel Tower etc 

Amazing knowledge 

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    It wasn’t that he knew the answers. It was how he knew so much about all the answers. 

The Callaghan one is quite a common question but he also named the offices held by the other answers. 

The years of Big Ben, Eiffel Tower etc 

Amazing knowledge 

There was me thinking I was clever to have known the £500,000 question.

• Options
    I reckon I have had that question at least 5 times over the years at various quiz nights 
  • Options
    He is obviously extremely knowledgeable but, as he says, the questions fell for him - he is a history and politics teacher who even taught piracy for a year. His brother, who previously won £500K on the show, teaches geography.

The subject questions were:

£32k - religion (used his 50/50)
    £64K - geography
    £125K - history
    £250K - nature
    £500K -  politics
    £1m - history (piracy)

Seriously well done but he himself admitted that there were no trivia questions - I bet you had they asked him "who is the current manager of Charlton Athletic?" he and his "phone a friends" wouldn't have known the answer!!!
  • Options
    He is obviously extremely knowledgeable but, as he says, the questions fell for him - he is a history and politics teacher who even taught piracy for a year. His brother, who previously won £500K on the show, teaches geography.

£64K - geography
    £125K - history
    £250K - nature
    £500K -  politics
    £1m - history (piracy)

Seriously well done but he himself admitted that there were no trivia questions - I bet you had they asked him "who is the current manager of Charlton Athletic?" he and his "phone a friends" wouldn't have known the answer!!!
    So he and his brother got on the show. What are the chances eh? 
  • Options

£64K - geography
    £125K - history
    £250K - nature
    £500K -  politics
    £1m - history (piracy)

Almost like there was a way to hack the system... Maybe itv did a show on it? 
  • Options

£64K - geography
    £125K - history
    £250K - nature
    £500K -  politics
    £1m - history (piracy)

And during the time that Jeremy Clarkson has been hosting the show too