Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2018 FIFA World Cup Thread

Comments

• edited June 2018
    sam3110 said:

Laddick01 said:

Hope Hernandez doesn’t have a future in the game, a truly pathetic footballer

Real Madrid's backup left back, has a brother at Atletico
    You have made the same mistake a few have on Twitter.

Lucas Hernandez the Atletico player is playing not Theo
  • this France team reminds me of England in the early 2000's - lots of good individuals but no cohesion. They look very beatable to me
  • Laddick01 said:

22 and played 74 times for Atletico and Atletico B.
  • Neville just broke the BBC broadcast.....
  • lol Russian hacks! they don't want the bbc criticising VAR clearly!
  • VAR has proved beyond doubt that it was a penalty.
  • Gudmundsson starts for Iceland against Argentina
  • Still don't see how that's Pogba's goal, to me it looked like he was trying to clip it past the defender and the defenders touch took it up and over the keeper.
  • Loved the Peru video, Scotland should do something similar if they ever qualify
  • Sponsored links:

• Laddick01 said:

I watched France's friendly against Italy and he was easily my favourite player of that game. I had no idea who he was. He was not as good today but to say he was pathetic is a bit harsh.
  • The ball didn't look completely over the line to me!

But then they jiggle it around like a magician while replacing the real line with a slightly different virtual one. Computer says "Goal". But I would rather believe my own eyes than an algorithm.

Problem is the computer's "line" doesn't match the real line and the goalposts!

But then they jiggle it around like a magician while replacing the real line with a slightly different virtual one. Computer says "Goal". But I would rather believe my own eyes than an algorithm.

Conputers line, the ref has a watch to tell him if the ball is over the line

It certainly wasn't much over the line

At Wimbledon, when they do the close ups, it would one where there was only a couple of mm in it
  • Laddick01 said:

I watched France's friendly against Italy and he was easily my favourite player of that game. I had no idea who he was. He was not as good today but to say he was pathetic is a bit harsh.
    Probably harsh, I just think it’s sad that even though they were playing quite an inferior team Hernandez still needed to chuck himself to the floor every time he was touched.
  • Come on Iceland, want Argentina to lose.
  • Incredible achievement for Iceland to be in World Cup with a population of only 330,000.
  • edited June 2018
    bellz2002 said:

Come on Iceland, want Argentina to lose.

sod that I wanna see a good old fashioned thrashing! 6-0 argies please!

edit I see Iceland's brand of anti-football is alive and well already - packing the box out and constantly fouling already.
  • Argh; come on Iceland!!!
  • Iceland playing very well and should have scored. Need to make it count before Argentina capitalise.
  • Sponsored links:

• Interesting 7-3-0 formation adopted by Iceland here :sleeping:
  • Quality!
  • Lovely finish from Aguero
  • Aguero is quality.
  • Iceland cant sit back now.

Just what Argentina needed a goal to force Iceland forward
  • Iceland cant sit back now.

Just what Argentina needed a goal to force Iceland forward

That’s what we thought in 2016
  • edited June 2018
    I know we were all singing Ronaldo's praises yesterday and rightly so, but just watching Messi on the ball, he is just so naturally talented - Ronaldo is brilliant in quite a cold clinical way, you can tell he has worked and trained on every aspect of his game from morning to night for years, whereas with Messi he just wakes up in the morning, strolls down to the pitch and plays like a genius.