Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Allardyce Sacked

Comments

• Options

Alladyce is a superb manager no question, Everton (as well as West Ham and Newcastle) for some reason think they’re deserving of finishing above “the best of the rest” league. It astonishes em how he still gets stick.

I always think Allardyce is a fairly good (mid-table and lower Premier League) manager and thought he was treated awfully at West Ham. I followed Sunderland a bit when he was there just to see if he could keep them up. Their last few games of that season were some of the most exciting ones I'd watched as a neutral, like the 3-2 comeback victory against Chelsea. He did the impossible job and seemed the right fit for Sunderland. On the other hand, fans of West Ham, Newcastle and Everton give me the impression that they think they have a God given right to stay above mid-table or even top 6, 7. Maybe they like taking risks and enjoy being up and down the table more than maintaining stability.... (so we don't have the eyes rolling emoji?)
  • Options

Alladyce is a superb manager no question, Everton (as well as West Ham and Newcastle) for some reason think they’re deserving of finishing above “the best of the rest” league. It astonishes em how he still gets stick.

To me Everton almost sit by themselves in the league, not part of the Big 6, but also not part of the "get to 40 points to survive" group either.
  • Options
    Fair play they were good in the 80's but being born in 94, my early memories of the Everton way was fighting relegation.
  • Options
    He gets the job done.
  • Options
    Nailed on for the Huddersfield job come early January.
  • Options

I always think Allardyce is a fairly good (mid-table and lower Premier League) manager and thought he was treated awfully at West Ham. I followed Sunderland a bit when he was there just to see if he could keep them up. Their last few games of that season were some of the most exciting ones I'd watched as a neutral, like the 3-2 comeback victory against Chelsea. He did the impossible job and seemed the right fit for Sunderland. On the other hand, fans of West Ham, Newcastle and Everton give me the impression that they think they have a God given right to stay above mid-table or even top 6, 7. Maybe they like taking risks and enjoy being up and down the table more than maintaining stability.... (so we don't have the eyes rolling emoji?)
    What about what he did with Bolton, that wasn’t mid table fairly good compared with Bolton traditionally and the resources they had.

For me there isn’t enough emphasis on what’s available to the manager, when you compare what he’s had to work with to the points he’s picked up, his record is superb.
  • Options

To me Everton almost sit by themselves in the league, not part of the Big 6, but also not part of the "get to 40 points to survive" group either.
    Not anymore they’re not, Aston Villa used to be in that league with them and look what can happen there.
  • Options
    PSV have announced on twitter it seems that Marcel Brands is moving to Everton. His old position at PSV was director of football.
  • Options

Not anymore they’re not, Aston Villa used to be in that league with them and look what can happen there.
    Since 2003/04 when they finished 17th, they've finished between 4th and 11th, averaging around 7th
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Since 2003/04 when they finished 17th, they've finished between 4th and 11th, averaging around 7th
    Hence why I said not anymore they’re not, last four seasons 11th, 11th, 7th, 8th.
  • Options
    Fantastic timing by the big man. Six million in the bin and he now has the whole summer off on the beach without the inconvenience of worrying about planning a team for next season...

Probably jealousy of course but how the fuck do these bozos get these gigs?
  • Options
    Used to have a lot of respect for him prior to his lack of ethics when he got caught saying he could help agents get round 3rd party ownership. Karma for me. I didn’t think he deserved to be back in English football at all after that. Hope the only places he has left after this are the likes of Turkey, India or China
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    If there was unlimited space for the thread name we could have it updated with the page number and club each time his annual end of season sacking comes round.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Used to have a lot of respect for him prior to his lack of ethics when he got caught saying he could help agents get round 3rd party ownership. Karma for me. I didn’t think he deserved to be back in English football at all after that. Hope the only places he has left after this are the likes of Turkey, India or China

I agree with your sentiments about Sam, but only in football Karma seems to mean improving your earnings. At Palace he was on the same salary (£3 million) as he was with England, and copped a £2 million bonus for keeping them up. At Everton he's been on £6 million and apparently has been paid in full the remaining year on his contract. And that's without going through all the work associated with pre season and building a team before he joined Everton. As others have said it's likely the same will happen next season. Nice work if you can get it.
  • Options
    Can't stand the arrogant irksome oaf. Despise even his open mouthed chewing.
  • Options
    I actually mostly like Sam but he hasn't endeared himself to the Everton fans and he hasn't done himself any favours. Everton have recently come into a lot of money and they carried out a large but massively unbalanced transfer plan in the summer. It didn't work, they couldn't get Silva and Allardyce was their last choice. And he knew it. The fans wanted better football after their horrible start to the season and Sam decided to dig them out at every opportunity and came out with a laundry list of excuses. He was always a genus when he one and his hands were tied when he didn't.

He was pretty rubbish to start with and mostly said that he needed a transfer window. He was given that, spent over £50m on two attackers and proceeded to continue to play drab, dreary football, playing percentages. He needed a left back and a centre half far more than he needed Walcott - and Evertonians were nonplussed when he sent Lookman out on loan. Lookman was involved in more goals in his last five appearances (7) then any Everton player was under Allardyce - but he chucked money in the wrong areas and still moaned about his squad. He mostly got quite lucky towards the end that Everton came up against a lot of teams who were either sinking without a trace or had lost interest in their season. They finished 8th but given the amount they spent that's nothing to be proud of. Arsenal didn't get an away point in 2018 and Burnley finished with a goal difference of -3. Those teams should have been well behind Everton the way they spent but instead of Sam trying to develop their playing style he served up some really depressing stuff. Everton can afford to plan for more than survival so there's nothing wrong with chucking the bloke they got in to make sure they didn't go down and getting someone more focused on the future in. If Allardyce really wanted to audition for the job next season he could and should have tried to develop a proper style of football. God know he spends enough time telling everyone what a genius coach he is
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Karma for me too please if it comes in the form of 6 million sterling.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

He a bent, greedy, fat c**t in my eyes. The fact that he’s got the gall to show his slimy, arrogant face in the PL after what he did to get sacked as the England manager, tells you all you need to know about him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Some clubs never happy,remember when we finished 7th and people were saying was Curbishley the man to take us forward,be careful what you wish for.Probably think Sam is laughing his head off.
  • Options
    Word on the street - Parkinson out and Big Sam back to Bolton.

He always said he wouldn't go back but that's what I'm hearing.
  • Options
    I find his cocksure smugness irritating, but you can't deny the success of his "formula".
    He's a rock solid pick to get you out of relegation trouble and nick wins against
    much better resourced clubs.
    His success ratio will mean he will always be popular at clubs like Bolton and Blackburn.
    But fans of clubs like Everton, Newcastle and West Ham seem to think they have some divine right to be a top 6 club winning in style.
    They probably deserve wankers like Pardew.
  • Options
    Bolton have no money. Big Sam is all about money. Can't see it.
  • Options
    Has left every club in a better position than when he joined.

Some of these clubs seem to have a high opinion of how they perceive they play. Newcastle Everton West Ham etc wanting to play the ‘insert club name Way’

As Allardyce said when asked about if his team will he be playing the ‘ West Ham Way’ he replied ‘what, losing?’

People bang on about this being the entertainment industry- it’s not. It’s the sporting industry. And sport is about winning. Yes everyone would like free flowing football winning matches, but if not that, then four pragmatic winning football.

Hate it when people say would rather play pretty football and lose. If all you want is pretty football, sit at home and watch Barcelona.
    I want successful football. I want my team to win. I don’t care if they don’t get plaudits for the style of football they play. I want plaudits for the points on the board and position on the league.

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

Some of these clubs seem to have a high opinion of how they perceive they play. Newcastle Everton West Ham etc wanting to play the ‘insert club name Way’

As Allardyce said when asked about if his team will he be playing the ‘ West Ham Way’ he replied ‘what, losing?’

People bang on about this being the entertainment industry- it’s not. It’s the sporting industry. And sport is about winning. Yes everyone would like free flowing football winning matches, but if not that, then four pragmatic winning football.

Hate it when people say would rather play pretty football and lose. If all you want is pretty football, sit at home and watch Barcelona.
    I want successful football. I want my team to win. I don’t care if they don’t get plaudits for the style of football they play. I want plaudits for the points on the board and position on the league.

Is it so wrong to want both when you're paying good money, especially in the Premier League, to go and watch it?
  • Options

Bolton have no money. Big Sam is all about money. Can't see it.

There are two potential buyers on the table - much more attractive having secured Championship status.
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

Is it so wrong to want both when you're paying good money, especially in the Premier League, to go and watch it?
    That’s is nonsense, All football are fickle as f*ck, Everton believe they are better than 7th that’s all. West Ham think they’re better than 10th as do Newcastle. If Everton came 4th under Alladyce they’d want him knighted.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Agreed. And to be honest the notion that his teams always play negative football is simply exaggerated. I watched quite many West Ham games when he was the manager and they played really well in some of them. In 2016 when his Sunderland faced Pulis' West Brom, I watched the whole game and thought Pulis was the far more negative one between the two.
  • Options
    When you make £12 million in 6 month -

https://youtu.be/W31aA4o1API