Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Welling Friendly - Sat 14th July (now 12.30 ko)

Comments

• clive said:

I bought match tickets this morning & was told that ticket sales are very poor so far.

Even if we HAD bought several new signings, the World Cup would surely have had a major impact on demand anyway, I don't think too many are ready to return to club football, whatever their club
  • Greenie said:

Not going, haven't missed this fixture for donkeys, when our farce of a club is sold, I will be back at games.

Each to their own of course, and I am not having a go at all, I am just wondering as to your thinking of this.. the money for tickets will be going to Wellig United, not Charlton. This is a big day for Welling and it is a shame if the crowd is going to be so low.

I am not going as I am busy but I would otherwise have gone, it doesn’t mean anything in terms of performance and result for us but it helps a local club out for their upcoming season.
  • Sage said:

Greenie said:

Not going, haven't missed this fixture for donkeys, when our farce of a club is sold, I will be back at games.

Each to their own of course, and I am not having a go at all, I am just wondering as to your thinking of this.. the money for tickets will be going to Wellig United, not Charlton. This is a big day for Welling and it is a shame if the crowd is going to be so low.

I am not going as I am busy but I would otherwise have gone, it doesn’t mean anything in terms of performance and result for us but it helps a local club out for their upcoming season.
    since Roland came along i am led to believe by a welling fan that we now charge them to play a team down there as it brings in revenue for them, could be wrong but what i have heard, went 2 years ago ran out of beer at ht and think it was £15 to get in.
  • Is the game being streamed live ?
    Outside the UK ?
  • edited July 2018
    Got our tickets.....always good to have a first look at our new signings. This season sadly it will be more of a send off to Bauer, Magennis, Vetokele......

as for clashing with the WC.......3rd /4th play off game that the players don't want to be involved in is that a big of an attraction.........reallly ??
  • @golfaddick doesn't really clash they kick out 6.5 hours apart just think a lot cant be arsed plus most blokes have been out on the piss for the last month so a few weekends to make it back up with the mrs before the season starts
  • Yeah, I'll be there. It'll be good to see some real football after the World Cup and I want to show my support and give my money to Welling for their upcoming season.
  • Sage said:

Greenie said:

not true nowadays as we have been charging an appearance fee the last couple of years, wrongly of course but that's the regime for you.

• Early kick off and £15 for adults will put a few off. Think I'll more likely go to their first league game on 4th august against Dulwich (£12 with kids free) instead of this one.

Full prices info;
    Tickets for The Addicks friendly can be purchased in advance from the club at the below prices:

Adults – £13
    Over 65s – £8
    12-17 – £8
    Under 12s – £3
    All seating will be an extra £2

On the day prices
    Adults – £15
    Over 65s – £10
    12-16 – £10
    Under 12s – £3

All seating will be an extra £2
  • Sponsored links:

• clive said:

I bought match tickets this morning & was told that ticket sales are very poor so far.

I can imagine 90% of tickets sold for this game are sold at the gate.
  • @golfaddick doesn't really clash they kick out 6.5 hours apart just think a lot cant be arsed plus most blokes have been out on the piss for the last month so a few weekends to make it back up with the mrs before the season starts

The 3rd place match is at 3

I would agree though that after the orgy of World Cup football for the last month, many people may want/need to take a break from football anyway

I would agree though that after the orgy of World Cup football for the last month, many people may want/need to take a break from football anyway
    apologies was relying on the paddy power wallchart being correct apologies @golfaddick
  • Thanks to those who have informed me about the appearance fee, yes that is not right and even in the small details like this, it does show what this regime really is like.

Goodness me, he needs to go and we need to get back to being a decent club again.
  • WSS said:

clive said:

I can imagine 90% of tickets sold for this game are sold at the gate.
    True,but i would imagine Welling are comparing the advanced ticket sales this year in comparison to previous years.
  • Sage said:

Thanks to those who have informed me about the appearance fee, yes that is not right and even in the small details like this, it does show what this regime really is like.

Goodness me, he needs to go and we need to get back to being a decent club again.

always been a decent club - its the people that follow a club that make it decent - but currently we are owned by some orrible belgian wanker
  • Sage said:

Thanks to those who have informed me about the appearance fee, yes that is not right and even in the small details like this, it does show what this regime really is like.

always been a decent club - its the people that follow a club that make it decent - but currently we are owned by some orrible belgian wanker
    Okay yes, the people who follow and support our club are decent. The club itself as a business entity, it is not whilst this regime are in charge. They don’t do the decent things that were previously done, and they don’t run things as well as it should be, making the club itself a basket case.

The people who do their best, who work hard, support and follow the club are more than decent. It is just a shame about the rest at the moment until the takeover happens.

Either way, I hope Welling get a crowd and do make some money tomorrow. Also hope that we come through with all positives come 14:30.
  • This is one of the saddest examples of what has happened to our club in recent years.

This game used to be the football equivalent of a 'summer fayre' for Charlton supporters, particularly the Bexley borough based ones. The ground would be packed out and all the pubs from the Crook Log Toby down to the top of the High Street would do a big pick up in trade.

I don't know anyone going tomorrow.

I'm not even 100% sure the KO time in this title is correct or not.

this with bells on, would usually turn this into a piss up afterwards but none of us bothering this year.

apologies was relying on the paddy power wallchart being correct apologies @golfaddick
    Apology accepted this time, but please be sure to check your facts in future. I really don't want you making a grave mistake of this magnitude ever again.
  • Sponsored links:

• This is one of the saddest examples of what has happened to our club in recent years.

This game used to be the football equivalent of a 'summer fayre' for Charlton supporters, particularly the Bexley borough based ones. The ground would be packed out and all the pubs from the Crook Log Toby down to the top of the High Street would do a big pick up in trade.

At least @Tavern won't get mistaken for a cab this year though.
  • Greenie said:

The last Welling game I went to was a midweek friendly when Nicola Berti played for us.

this with bells on, would usually turn this into a piss up afterwards but none of us bothering this year.
    Same here...not happening this one...

Couldn't agree more.
  • Giving it a miss :(
  • Decided can’t be bothered to go ... seem to have lost all impetus to see my team.

Such a shame but can’t do it under current ownership.
  • Seems no one is going, how are we going to put out a team?
  • I'll be there.
  • Danepak said:

I'll be there.

take yer boots ;-)