Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

World Cup 2018 - Betting thread

Comments

• Options

well done @cs1986 great win

Cheers mate I couldn't believe the odds tbh
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    cs1986 said:

well done @cs1986 great win

Cheers mate I couldn't believe the odds tbh
    I can't either lol if i'd have seen it I might have stuck a score on meself!
  • Options
    cs1986 said:

Get in

Nice
  • Options
    Gone for this it's is unlikely but 650/1 seems massive
  • Options
    cs1986 said:

Unlikely maybe, but definitely worth a bet as all seem very plausible to me...
  • Options
    Sage said:

cs1986 said:

Exactly my thoughts it's value bet. Got Spain and Croatia wins in a 5 fold over last 16 games too.
  • Options
    cs1986 said:

Sage said:

cs1986 said:

Exactly my thoughts it's value bet. Got Spain and Croatia wins in a 5 fold over last 16 games too.
    Just went in the shop and tried to find that bet but couldn’t, so done 2-0 Spain and Costa FGS and I also done Spain to win to nil and each team over 3 corners each half.

Good luck with yours!
  • Options
    Sage said:

cs1986 said:

Sage said:

cs1986 said:

Just went in the shop and tried to find that bet but couldn’t, so done 2-0 Spain and Costa FGS and I also done Spain to win to nil and each team over 3 corners each half.

Good luck with yours!
    Yeah it must of been online only.

Good luck too mate!
  • Options
    cs1986 said:

Always look for stat bets like this but for some reason the corner count has been lacking in this World Cup.
  • Options
    cs1986 said:

Not to dampen your spirits but that bet would've failed in both games yesterday.

Quite bizarrely for an attacking side that scored 4, France didn't even have a single corner!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

cs1986 said:

Not to dampen your spirits but that bet would've failed in both games yesterday.

Quite bizarrely for an attacking side that scored 4, France didn't even have a single corner!
    Yeah I know it was a weird one. Although looking fairly promising at present.
  • Options
    cards have been pretty few and far between as well in this world cup. Think france/argentina was the most amount of yellows in one game we have seen
  • Options
    Well both of mine are gone, lasted long! :joy:
  • Options

cards have been pretty few and far between as well in this world cup. Think france/argentina was the most amount of yellows in one game we have seen

Yeah Croatia like a yellow card though
  • Options
    Backed the draw in every second round match so far and will continue to do so. Feel a bit unlucky that neither of yesterday’s games ended level but a nice profit today
  • Options
    Thinking of having a few quid on Mexico.

Been listening to the excellent Tim Vickery on Talksport this morning.
    He knows S American football inside out. He reckons Mexico will be well up for this and have caused Brazil plenty of problems over the last few years and if Brazil lose they will go home in complete disgrace.
    Will we see a slightly nervous Brazil?
  • Options
    Unlikely to happen but I got 14/1 on Uruguay outrights on the weekend.
  • Options
    Added a few quid on Mexico to win on pens at 16-1to my 90 mins draw bet
  • Options

Unlikely to happen but I got 14/1 on Uruguay outrights on the weekend.

Cavani being injured is a huge blow. Early reports are that he was seen limping around their camp today and is highly unlikely to play v France.
  • Options
    mexico at 13/2 seemed attractive, and ive gone mexico/draw double chance too. Just think Mexico might run out of steam after that first half.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    had a red card in this game
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Brazil 11/4
    France 4/1
    England 4/1

Joint 2nd favourites now
  • Options
    Belgium close to 3-1 to beat Brazil in 90 mins looks generous to me
  • Options
    Put £5er ew on Gillingham 100/1 to finish top 4, seems decent value. Dont mind if i dont lose either :)
  • Options

Brazil 11/4
    France 4/1
    England 4/1

Joint 2nd favourites now

Mainly because we're in the weak half of the draw. We wouldnt be favourites in the final against any of the top lot, except possibly Uruguay
  • Options
    IdleHans said:

Brazil 11/4
    France 4/1
    England 4/1

Joint 2nd favourites now

Mainly because we're in the weak half of the draw. We wouldnt be favourites in the final against any of the top lot, except possibly Uruguay
    Yeah I can't really imagine the odds would be too much different if we were in the final already to be honest.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:

Brazil 11/4
    France 4/1
    England 4/1

Joint 2nd favourites now

Yes - the draw at this fairly late stage is critical. If we had drawn against Belgium and gone threw as group winners, so playing Brazil tomorrow rather than Sweden on Saturday, Croatia for example would be much shorter than us.
  • Options
    Of course the draw helps. I've seen 6/4 about on England to make the final which is joint shortest odds with Brazil.

If we do make the final I'd imagine we'd be in that 7/2 range to win in 90 minutes while being 2/1 or 9/4 ish to lift the trophy.
  • Options

Of course the draw helps. I've seen 6/4 about on England to make the final which is joint shortest odds with Brazil.

If we do make the final I'd imagine we'd be in that 7/2 range to win in 90 minutes while being 2/1 or 9/4 ish to lift the trophy.

I'd say about 6/4 or 8/5 for the lift trophy if we meet Brazil (guesstimate). On my league ratings (trade the outright), currently have Brazil as essentially half a goal better than us. Which would see them about evens or a tad over and then minus any over-round.