Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

World Cup 2018 - Betting thread

Comments

• Draw HT/Iceland FT 5/1 looks good to me.

Can see Iceland frustrating Nigeria and getting a late winner

Without Gudmundsson, they lose a lot of attacking threat and defensive discipline on that right side.

They’re a good side, but JBG injury is a blow.
  • Blimey this World Cup is turning into a bookmakers benefit. They must be racking up the profits from the standard win/lose/draw bets. The results are all over the place.
  • Denmark let me down for a 6 team accy.

Someone always lets me down
  • edited June 2018
    The 16/1 still available on Croatia is terrific value - major competitions are often won not necessarily the best side but the most effective one. How many others would have beaten Nigeria 2-0 and Argentina 3-0. This was also their first win against South American sides in the WC in five attempts and the last time they won their first two games was 1998 when they reached the semis.

Assuming that Croatia do win their group (they will need a maximum of a draw against Iceland to do so) they will probably play Denmark. Then it will almost certainly be Portugal or Spain in the last 8 and could be England in the semis.

If it does pan out like that it will be a case of pocket or heart!
  • Gone EW on Croatia at 14s after last night.
  • Could be a tough one to call today nevertheless i have gone for a couple small ones:
    £10 on Brazil, Iceland & Serbia - returns £98
    £5 on double - Draws in both Iceland/Nigeria & Serbia/Swiss - Pays £45
  • Apparently the ref for the Iceland/Nigeria game gave more yellow cards during qualification than any other ref at the tournament.

Cards have been hit and miss this year imo, some games/teams seem very dirty but get no cautions (Tunisia spring to mind)

Maybe one to look at if you like the card under/over market.
  • Ht last night had red card 6/1 ref was shit and in general fits with the reffing of this tournament - fucking useless
  • Had some money on Argentina to fail to qualify from their group at 4/1... not sure whether to cash out before Iceland game tomorrow or let it run.

I wouldnt cash out yet

Iceland will get at least a point from Nigeria possibly all 3 and then u will get alot more
    Glad I cashed it. ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• if you don't mind me asking @Callumcafc what was the offer?
  • if you don't mind me asking @Callumcafc what was the offer?

Sorry which offer are we talking about?
  • edited June 2018
    the Argentina one you cashed out!

(argentina not to get out of the group wasn't it?)
  • the Argentina one you cashed out!

(argentina not to get out of the group wasn't it?)

Sorry, yeah Argentina not to qualify at 4/1. Got half the amount I would've done if I'd let it run.
  • that's not bad mate considering todays result. Argies have to be favourites for second place now

Can see why you got in trouble
  • Well I am an idiot, fucking cashed out on my accumulator when Boateng got sent off, all I needed was a Germany win and England tomorrow for £160.
  • Sage said:

Well I am an idiot, fucking cashed out on my accumulator when Boateng got sent off, all I needed was a Germany win and England tomorrow for £160.

Cashed out when Boateng sent off did you even get your stake back
  • Sage said:

Well I am an idiot, fucking cashed out on my accumulator when Boateng got sent off, all I needed was a Germany win and England tomorrow for £160.

I assume he had a fair few results in the bag already. Done it myself many times sometimes it works out sometimes it don't... that's why I started doing in-plays, no cash out option!
  • Sage said:

I assume he had a fair few results in the bag already. Done it myself many times sometimes it works out sometimes it don't... that's why I started doing in-plays, no cash out option!
    Still Germany to win was around 1/2 once it was 10 men and 1-1 they went out to around 11/4 so even with a few winners before hand highly doubt cash out would have been much above stake if at all
  • Sponsored links:

• Sage said:

I did, I had 7 other results already came in. I got 5 times my stake but not anything close to what I would have got had I left it.
  • Sage said:

Sage said:

I did, I had 7 other results already came in. I got 5 times my stake but not anything close to what I would have got had I left it.
    Wow, can I ask where you bet, the amount of times I have had 6/7 come in and 1 is letting me down and i can barely get my stake back
  • edited June 2018
    I was going to say I had a bet on skybet at the end of the season, 10 fold, only a pound but 80-1 odds, I had 8 in the bag, one in play and 1 to come. The one in play was losing 1-0 at half time, offer was £12 something so 12x the stake (was £24 when 0-0)

5 times the stake doesn't seem out of the ordinary to me.

edit remember that it depends on the odds of the results that have already come in as well as the odds on the table and the one to come - if he had a 3-1 or 4-1 shot already come in and a 4/11 (think that's what England tomorrow is) to come then the offer will be naturally higher
  • Sage said:

Sage said:

Wow, can I ask where you bet, the amount of times I have had 6/7 come in and 1 is letting me down and i can barely get my stake back
    Either bet365 or skybet, I have an account on either but only put small amounts on, hence when the bet365 offer is on, I only get £5.
  • Bookies do generally fleece you with the cash out amount, as they of course do when you put the bet on in the first place.
  • I was going to say I had a bet on skybet at the end of the season, 10 fold, only a pound but 80-1 odds, I had 8 in the bag, one in play and 1 to come. The one in play was losing 1-0 at half time, offer was £12 something so 12x the stake (was £24 when 0-0)

edit remember that it depends on the odds of the results that have already come in as well as the odds on the table and the one to come - if he had a 3-1 or 4-1 shot already come in and a 4/11 (think that's what England tomorrow is) to come then the offer will be naturally higher

Yes my biggest odds came in nearer the beginning of the week, I only had Germany left and England to win tomorrow and not concede.

My worst ever moment regarding a bet and a cash out was I had a 12 fold at the beginning of February, every single one was winning/won and then Charlton threw away the 2-1 lead to lose 3-2 against Oxford. As I didn’t cash out at that point, it cost me £486, from a £1.
  • Sage said:

I was going to say I had a bet on skybet at the end of the season, 10 fold, only a pound but 80-1 odds, I had 8 in the bag, one in play and 1 to come. The one in play was losing 1-0 at half time, offer was £12 something so 12x the stake (was £24 when 0-0)

Yes my biggest odds came in nearer the beginning of the week, I only had Germany left and England to win tomorrow and not concede.

My worst ever moment regarding a bet and a cash out was I had a 12 fold at the beginning of February, every single one was winning/won and then Charlton threw away the 2-1 lead to lose 3-2 against Oxford. As I didn’t cash out at that point, it cost me £486, from a £1.
    Another piece of advice my old grandad used to give me - never bet on your own team!

He was a wiley old bugger when it comes to betting and never set me wrong even after all these years!

• Sage said:

Another piece of advice my old grandad used to give me - never bet on your own team!

He was a wiley old bugger when it comes to betting and never set me wrong even after all these years!
    Rarely do bet on Charlton and to be honest, when I have they have only let me down a handful of times. Just that one specifically really sticks out being the only one, and the manner in which it was lost.
  • Such a contrast in days

Saturday easy call, Belgium, Mexico and Germany(although Germany left it late)

Sunday much harder England but then what do you do in other games,
    Japan beat Colombia but had the early red card not happened I think Colombia would have won and Senegal look good against Poland so personaly would do
    England -1
    Senegal or the draw
    Colombia

No I aint betting but just like to tell people what I would have done (i miss betdash really helped me last time i was recovering lol)
  • edited June 2018
    Think it's worth betting on over 2.5 goals in both the later games but wouldn't like to call them either way.

Watch for the first 0-0 results of the tournament now I've said that.