Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

World Cup 2018 - Betting thread

Comments

• Options
    I wonder what odds you would get on Ronaldo being Portugals only goal scorer in the tournament?
  • Options
    Probably odds on judging by the way it's going!
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Portugal to win, Portugal to score first, Portugal to have more corners, Morocco to have more cards.

Uruguay to win both halves, Suarez to score, Uruguay most corners, Saudi Arabia most cards

Spain to win, 3+ goals in game, 2+ cards, 9+ corners

280/1 treble

Adrien Silva just messed you up
  • Options
    On the bright side i'm up to question 10 on my paddy power drop thing with 90K left! Portugal to keep a clean sheet all in ;)
  • Options
    for anyone playing along at home the next question is Uruguay/Saudi will there be over 9 corners? Tempted with yes but I have Terrible luck on corner bets so I'm skipping it.
  • Options
    I would go no on that.
  • Options
    Shame I can't lol my own post
  • Options
    yesterday i was very luck £10 on : Portugal win to nil, Uruguay to win, Spain to nil - obviously both Spain and Portugal were lucky . still £52 seemed easy money but defo got away with it

Today sky enhanced : Denmark, France & Argentina. 6/1 worth £10 imo , Croatia could trouble the Arges but still think its good value
  • Options
    I think piling on Iran beating Portugal next Monday could make your day.

6/1
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Double post....will use the opportunity to explain why Iran will beat them.

They are hungry for it Portugal are up themselves
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

sam3110 said:

Portugal to win, Portugal to score first, Portugal to have more corners, Morocco to have more cards.

Uruguay to win both halves, Suarez to score, Uruguay most corners, Saudi Arabia most cards

Spain to win, 3+ goals in game, 2+ cards, 9+ corners

280/1 treble

Adrien Silva just messed you up
    Ha ha Paulie is the new Geoff Shreeves.
  • Options
    Question 12 on my paddy power drop, down to 30K unfortunately as I blew 60K on Spain to score in the first 27 minutes last night....

Will France win the second half?

I assume that means for the purposes of the bet the score is reset to 0-0 at half time and France have to score more second half goals than Peru.

Seems like a banker yes to me but really struggling the urge to split so i'm guaranteed something at the end of this now...
  • Options
    About sixty quid if you split every question now?

I'd be tempted to split most questions now then, maybe throw in the odd 60/40 for questions you feel confident about
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    yeah that's what I was thinking... of course if I go all in one more time then its 120 quid... that's how they get you ain't it lol i'm basically betting 60 quid to win 120 so even money which is pretty good odds for this question I feel. I've got it on 28k yes 2k no at the moment...

edit I was just about to change it to 20k/10k at the last second when my internet crashed... i'm taking it as a sign!
  • Options
    Shame i didnt read the 1million drop sounds fun but missed the boat :(

Tuesday i made a massive bummer, i had in my head i was going to bet on Columbia player sent off and Japan to win ( I kid you not!) Monday night said i would bet Tuesday as it was late, only slept in and woke up with 10 mins left in the game. Wonder what odds i would have got for that one 20/1? who knows but proper kicking myself i didnt put on.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    you can still enter mate its not a timed event as long as you get in with 20 games of the world cup to go- you get one free go if you sign up to paddy power go for it bud
  • Options

you can still enter mate its not a timed event as long as you get in with 20 games of the world cup to go- you get one free go if you sign up to paddy power go for it bud

ooo tempting, dont think i have a paddies account surprisingly. Will have a look in a bit after work as i am sure there will be plenty of opportunities to go through 20 questions. Cheers pal
  • Options
    Think Betfair are doing the exact same promotion as well.
  • Options
    where has the France from the first half gone? think France being one up at half time was my worst possible scenario...
  • Options

Think Betfair are doing the exact same promotion as well.

I'm glad you said that. I thought I was losing my mind.

I answered the first question (can't remember what it was now) and haven't been able to find the page since. Started to think I'd made it up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

So only new account holders qualify ?
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    No @RaplhMilne anyone can have a go.
    You can buy in as many times as you like for different stakes, but your first go is free
  • Options
    well i'm out! Spunked my load on a goal in the first 30 mins in the argie game. Kicking myself a bit that I didn't split earlier but oh well!
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Had some money on Argentina to fail to qualify from their group at 4/1... not sure whether to cash out before Iceland game tomorrow or let it run.
  • Options
    Okay am going to sound really stupid no doubt, but am completely lost at what is being spoken about on here.
  • Options

Had some money on Argentina to fail to qualify from their group at 4/1... not sure whether to cash out before Iceland game tomorrow or let it run.

I went with Croatia 1st & Argentina 2nd, also 4/1
  • Options

I wouldnt cash out yet

Iceland will get at least a point from Nigeria possibly all 3 and then u will get alot more
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Sage said:

Okay am going to sound really stupid no doubt, but am completely lost at what is being spoken about on here.

on paddy power online, it's this thing like the million pound drop basically you get 1 million quid to start with and you have to answer 20 yes or no questions on games at the world cup, so for example, will there be a goal in the first 30 minutes between Argentina and Croatia?
    You can stake whatever you want on either yes or no and you carry over the money from whichever answer wins to the next question. Whatever money you have left at the end of the 20 questions you win.

I had got to question 12 with 30 grand left but just got knocked out.

It's just a bit of fun really and a bit different to your ordinary bets, plus you get 1 free go at it.
  • Options
    Sage said:

Have you ever watched million quid drop on the tele? It's like that but 20 questions and on Paddy Power, and about football.

I wouldnt cash out yet

Iceland will get at least a point from Nigeria possibly all 3 and then u will get alot more
    Thought that but the match odds are much closer than I anticipated so I got a bit edgy about it. Thought I'd ask for some CL wisdom. :-)
  • Options

Sage said:

on paddy power online, it's this thing like the million pound drop basically you get 1 million quid to start with and you have to answer 20 yes or no questions on games at the world cup, so for example, will there be a goal in the first 30 minutes between Argentina and Croatia?
    You can stake whatever you want on either yes or no and you carry over the money from whichever answer wins to the next question. Whatever money you have left at the end of the 20 questions you win.

I had got to question 12 with 30 grand left but just got knocked out.

It's just a bit of fun really and a bit different to your ordinary bets, plus you get 1 free go at it.
    Perfect, thank you!