Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

World Cup 2018 - Betting thread

Comments

• The one I keep coming back to is Russia and their group.
    I can't believe the odds for Uruguay and Egypt to qualify from group A.
    Russia are a very poor and ageing team.
    I'd have them to finish 4th more likely than them finishing 2nd.

Kind of hope I'm wrong as I'd like the host to always at least get out the groups, it takes something away if the hosts go out early. But I can't see it.
  • Don't discount the Saudis in that group. They did very well against the Germans.
  • The one I keep coming back to is Russia and their group.
    I can't believe the odds for Uruguay and Egypt to qualify from group A.
    Russia are a very poor and ageing team.
    I'd have them to finish 4th more likely than them finishing 2nd.

Kind of hope I'm wrong as I'd like the host to always at least get out the groups, it takes something away if the hosts go out early. But I can't see it.

Wouldn’t discount a few dodgy decisions going their way if they’re up against it.
  • I've done a few accas and gonna do my golden boot etc at some point. I think Suarez golden boot e/w at 25/1 is good value, 1/4 odds 4 places.

One bet I've done for just a quid that returns 137 is Russia, Spain, Croatia, Denmark, England to all win their groups. Fancy Croatia taking theirs, quality players and Argentina had a tough time qualifying, think they'll beat Iceland and Nigeria. As for Denmark that's the one that's a bit out there but sometimes teams do choke at these big tournaments with high expectations and Denmark are a dark horse.
  • There's always a name that doesn't make it out of the groups so that might not be impossible.

Spain, Portugal, Italy in 2014...

France, Italy in 2010...
  • Paddy Power doing an offer on top goal scorer. Bet £10 and get a £2 free bet every time they score.
  • edited June 2018

I’ve seen Saudi Arabia being touted at almost 10/1 to beat Russia. I think that is a cracking price.

Looked at that myself. I think 11/5 for Saudi Arabia +1 is very good too
    Russia are not a great side - they have to be favourites but the odds do look good for a Saudi win.
  • edited June 2018
    Think the 1/4 odds and 4 places value is too good when you consider not many goals usually seal the deal. I've backed Suarez at 25/1 and Lukaku 16/1 both each way. Ronaldo player of the tournament at 22/1 and Brazil to win the world cup and Neymar to win the golden boot as a double at 20/1.

Happy world cup day everyone and good luck with your bets
  • edited June 2018
    Diego Costa, Isco or Iago Aspas e/w worth a go with only three Spanish strikers IMO. Reckon they could put a few past Iran plus potentially against Morocco and a round of 16 opponent.
  • Diego Costa, Isco or Iago Aspas e/w worth a go with only three Spanish strikers IMO. Reckon they could put a few past Iran plus potentially against Morocco and a round of 16 opponent.

Isco is a midfielder and doesnt score a huge amount of goals, 1 in 5ish for Madrid.
  • Sponsored links:

• Very good scoring record at international level though. 10 in 26.

There's knocks on all of them. Costa has a shocking international record compared to club, Aspas probably won't start until later games (if Costa is genuinely terrible against Portugal) and Isco doesn't play up front.

That said, James Rodriguez won the golden boot last time and Muller the time before that. Both I would consider attacking midfielders.
  • I think there's a decent chance of a Spanish player being in the mix but it's just a case of picking the right one, basically.
  • Coral special - penalty taken in the match at 7/2

Got to be worth some money if a Russian player goes down in the box when they're 1-0 down.
  • Coral special - penalty taken in the match at 7/2

Got to be worth some money if a Russian player goes down in the box when they're 1-0 down.

I've taken Russia to score a penalty at 6/1. I am convinced that the match officials and the Saudi playing squad spent most of this morning being walked round a Siberian labour camp by Vladimir Putin whilst he explained to them exactly how he expected this afternoon's game to pan out.
  • thought would be a card fest so had a bet on 60+ booking points, v bad bet now its 2-0 and game over pretty much.
  • MrLargo said:

Coral special - penalty taken in the match at 7/2

I've taken Russia to score a penalty at 6/1. I am convinced that the match officials and the Saudi playing squad spent most of this morning being walked round a Siberian labour camp by Vladimir Putin whilst he explained to them exactly how he expected this afternoon's game to pan out.
    The Russians dont do that any more - they now sentence you to an indefinite holiday in Mexico with a dreadlocked american woman with a shopping fetish. No wonder the Saudis threw in the towel.
  • My £5 acca of choosing both teams to qualify from each group will pay a shade under 2k
  • Taxi_Lad said:

My £5 acca of choosing both teams to qualify from each group will pay a shade under 2k

Only if it wins.
    What have you gone for?
  • Uruguay & Spain to win, Egypt & Portugal to score - 25/1
  • Sponsored links:

• I took the coral offer of £5 free bet for every Russia goal yesterday.
  • I took the coral offer of £5 free bet for every Russia goal yesterday.

Nice one, i thought about doing that myself but didn't think there'd be many goals scored.
  • Have Uruguay & Spain at 11/4 with Betfred and Egypt, Morocco & Spain at 66/1 with Sky.
  • Have Uruguay & Spain at 11/4 with Betfred and Egypt, Morocco & Spain at 66/1 with Sky.

Lump on the draw first match. :-)
  • Couple of in-plays for me today (i'm a glutton for punishment it seems) I've gone with Cavani to score any time, BTTS, 2 bookings+ each 5 corners+ each at 40-1 for 3 quid, Suarez to score anytime, BTTS and 50 match booking points @ 33-1 for 3 quid - bit concerned about Egypt with no Salah in the starting line up now though hopefully he gets on or I think Egypt will struggle in an attacking sense.

Also for the Spain game I've gone BTTS, 2 bookings+ each and 5 corners+ each 18-1 for 5 quid.
  • unbelievable... I had 59 p left in my account so lumped on Ronaldo to score, busquets ramos and fernandes to get booked at 100-1 only need a ramos card now for 60 quid...
  • What a game. 3-2 Spain
  • ffs the one time Ramos has a clean game...
  • Diego Costa, Isco or Iago Aspas e/w worth a go with only three Spanish strikers IMO. Reckon they could put a few past Iran plus potentially against Morocco and a round of 16 opponent.

Shame I went with Isco!
  • Backed CR7 @ 5/2 to get a hat trick when he had two already with PP.