Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

World Cup 2018 - Betting thread

Comments

• Options
    I've been all over Brazil who I think will be too strong. Snapped up some of the 5/1 a fortnight ago.
    Casemiro and Fernandinho as your DM's. A front 3 of Neymar, Jesus and Coutinho with Willian and Firmino in reserve.
    I like Jesus for top scorer but am worried that Neymar could end up with a fair share of the goals.
    Neymar for player of the tournament at 12/1 is a great shout IMO
  • Options
    Anybody want to back England Jennings bet, shop in Bexleyheath and Crayford are offering 19.66/1 on England. They are also doing an offer that if Spain, Russia Uruguay or Sweden win the World Cup, you will get money back on any single bet upto £100. So back England with a small chance of money back.

Only for the brave, but is best price on England.
  • Options
    Betfred doing any South American team to win at 3/1
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

For those who have popped on here but don't understand betting here is a quick guide.

If you bet £20 on England to Win the World Cup @ 20/1 you will lose £20.

Skybet money back as a free bet should/when the team you pick to win gets knocked out.
  • Options
    Skybet price boost: Lukaku to finish top goalscorer in group G 11/2
  • Options
    edited June 2018

I’ve seen Saudi Arabia being touted at almost 10/1 to beat Russia. I think that is a cracking price.

But you're forgetting Russia are the hosts and the Федеральная служба безопасности Российской Федерации (or FSB as we know them) are very, very scary and know where the ref's family lives.
  • Options
    ronaldo/werner/messi/greizmann 10 + shots on goal 7/1
  • Options
    Big_Bob said:

I've been all over Brazil who I think will be too strong. Snapped up some of the 5/1 a fortnight ago.
    Casemiro and Fernandinho as your DM's. A front 3 of Neymar, Jesus and Coutinho with Willian and Firmino in reserve.
    I like Jesus for top scorer but am worried that Neymar could end up with a fair share of the goals.

clearly you have never heard of a player called john stones
  • Options
    Here are my World Cup spread bets,for people not familiar with spread betting if you want what you bet on to win you ‘buy’ and if you want what you bet on to lose you ‘sell’.
    Outright betting
    100 pts winners
    75 pts runners up
    50 losing semi finalists
    25 losing quarter finalists
    10 last 16 losers
    0pts knocked out at group stage

Argentina buy 35.5 (trade out if in quarter final)
    Belgium buy 35 (trade out if in semi final)
    Brazil buy 46
    Colombia sell 15.5
    Croatia sell 16
    Denmark buy 11.5. (trade out if in quarter final)
    England buy 28. (trade out if in quarter final)
    France buy 40
    Germany buy 45. (trade out if in final)
    Spain buy 41.5
    Switzerland buy 10. (trade out if in last 16)
  • Options
    Group betting
    First 25pts
    Second 10pts
    Third 5pts
    Fourth 0pts

Australia sell 2.75
    Belgium buy 18.25
    Brazil buy 22
    Costa Rica sell 2.75
    Denmark buy 9.75
    Egypt buy 8.5
    Germany buy 21.25
    Iceland sell 3.75
    Japan sell 4.5
    Mexico sell 8
    Morocco sell 4.25
    Peru sell 6.5
    Poland buy 12.25
    Spain buy 20
    Portugal sell 12
    Switzerland buy 8.75
    Russia sell 11.25
    Saudi Arabia sell 1.75
    Senegal sell 8.25
    Serbia sell 6.5
    South Korea sell 3
    Sweden buy 7.75
    Uruguay buy 18.75
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Player goal minutes
    Just add up the minutes each player scores in

G.Higuain buy 64
    R.Falcao buy 76
    H.Kane buy 145
    T.Werner buy 121
    R.Lewandowski buy 101
    C.Ronaldo buy 144
    L.Suarez buy 142
  • Options
    Only got the individual matches to look at now..............................!
    Good luck to everyone and all there bets
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    You've had a good look at it Kish aint ya !

I've bought Brazil , Belgium , Serbia , Egypt , Iceland on the index

Bought Isco , Rashford , De Bruyne , Coutinho , Eriksen PGMs

Bought fastest goal , fastest red , extra time goals

and some other group bets , sold Australia and Costa Rica , bought Poland

CANNOT WAIT
  • Options
    I’m still looking shag..................!
    Just hope it don’t completely tits up.........but will still enjoy every minute of it if it does
  • Options

Only got the individual matches to look at now..............................!
    Good luck to everyone and all there bets

wow you have gone hard here Killer, i assume your outlay is quite a bit initially but will be offset when teams hit where you expect them. Is that spread betting or similar?
  • Options

Just hope it don’t completely tits up.........but will still enjoy every minute of it if it does

Yeh I keep looking too , I'm sure i'll put a few more on before tomorrow . Sold the world cup hamper

I remember the 2010 world cup someone had the bright idea of buying goalkeeper punches , watching it in a pub cheering when the keeper punched the ball got us a few strange looks
  • Options
    Must admit I’ve looked at the hamper but haven’t played yet

Yes Johnny all very frightening at the moment but plenty of trade outs and that is spread betting

I think the best bet is selling Russia in there group as I can’t see them winning the group so you make a profit if they finish second,third or fourth.......the lower the better
  • Options

Player goal minutes
    Just add up the minutes each player scores in

G.Higuain buy 64
    R.Falcao buy 76
    H.Kane buy 145
    T.Werner buy 121
    R.Lewandowski buy 101
    C.Ronaldo buy 144
    L.Suarez buy 142

Dont like the idea of that. So Ronaldo scores 7 tournament goals all in the first 10 mins, he will lose money compared to if Falcao scores one in the 88th minute?
  • Options
    Shag said:

Yeh I keep looking too , I'm sure i'll put a few more on before tomorrow . Sold the world cup hamper

I remember the 2010 world cup someone had the bright idea of buying goalkeeper punches , watching it in a pub cheering when the keeper punched the ball got us a few strange looks
    I'd go again this year looking at the way the ball is moving.. keepers not taking many chances.
  • Options
    Simple acca on group winners Argentina, Uruguay, Brazil, Germany, France pays about 5/1
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Big_Bob said:

You've just made me realise why I look back misty eyed at the stupendously good Brazilians of 1970. The players you list are all well known, almost household names, no surprises, no shocks, no 'wow what a player'.

Apart from Pele and maybe Tostao, I had never heard of the likes of Rivelino, Jairzinho and Carlos Alberta as they all played in Brazil. Somehow the mystique has gone although there is still nothing better than 11 men in that famous yellow kit showing the world how to play football.

• Options
    There was briefly value on Portugal earlier today given the Spanish announcement but probably gone now.
  • Options

There was briefly value on Portugal earlier today given the Spanish announcement but probably gone now.

Can still get 3/1 on Portugal to win Friday 11/5 for the draw, and 15/8 Portugal to win the group.

I'm very tempted on a Ramos red card first game now (more so than I was before anyway) can't seem to find anywhere offering odds so far though
  • Options

Must admit I’ve looked at the hamper but haven’t played yet

Yes Johnny all very frightening at the moment but plenty of trade outs and that is spread betting

I think the best bet is selling Russia in there group as I can’t see them winning the group so you make a profit if they finish second,third or fourth.......the lower the better

Good luck chuck, I have a feeling Russia will win their group. Hope i am wrong for your sake :)

Done a couple of request a bets:
    France, Brazil, Germany to win all their group games 20/1 (France the worry imo)
    Germany & Spain to reach semis and panama to not score a goal 28/1 - worried about spain but still good value)
    First game acca:
    Russia,Uruguay, France, Argentina,Denmark,Croatia, Serbia, Brazil, Sweden. £5 on pays £450.

Tempted to do some group ones later lol
  • Options
    Can see Russia beating Saudi Arabia but then losing to Egypt (maybe draw) and Uruguay
  • Options

Can see Russia beating Saudi Arabia but then losing to Egypt (maybe draw) and Uruguay

Pre Salah injury i thought they would beat Egypt but draw with Uruguay. Well see alot of ifs and buts and i hope you win lots of the bookies.
  • Options
    Brazil v Spain final 16/1.
  • Options
    Betfred special - Messi to be top Argentina scorer at evens.
  • Options
    Ante post bets;

England to win 16/1 e/w
    Brazil v Spain final 16/1
    Muller top scorer 25/1
    Lukaku top scorer in group G 9/2
    Spain 1st, Morocco 2nd, Portugal 3rd and Iran 8/1
  • Options
    Spain to reach the Final, England to be eliminated in the QFs and Russia not to qualify from their Group - 33/1