Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wimbledon 2018 (& the grass court season)

Comments

• Options
    Hopefully this fall hasn't caused injury.
  • Options
    As I say that she slips and is currently down injured
  • Options
    Talal said:

Boris Becker just said 'bastard' already. Gonna be tasty this year.

Not the sort of language you'd expect from a diplomat :smile:
  • Options
    Talal said:

Hopefully this fall hasn't caused injury.

Seemingly not! Wins second set 6-2
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Kyle Edmund through to round 2

EDIT: Beat Alex Bolt 6-2, 6-3, 7-5
  • Options
    Konta also through winning 7-5 7-6.

Boulter currently a set and a break up on Court 14.
  • Options
    Boulter lost her serve when serving for the set... now 6-5 down and has to hold for a tie break.
  • Options
    Lost the set 7-5 from being 5-3 up.
  • Options
    edited July 2018

Boulter lost her serve when serving for the set... now 6-5 down and has to hold for a tie break.

It suddenly dawned on her and she tighten up when serving for the match.

Dart, Swan and Boulter are the future of women's tennis in the UK

Watson and Robson have had loss of form and injures and Konta have gone from number 4 to outside the top 20. Joanna Konta is having a decent career and may get back to the top 10 if she can master that drop shot that didn't work today.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nice to see Boulter hold her nerve and get back on track.
  • Options

Nice to see Boulter hold her nerve and get back on track.

after she slumped at the end of the 2nd set, I had assumed she would meekly lose, so impressed she managed to win
  • Options
    Tall girl. Tidy. Needs to get a serve.
  • Options
    Edmund wins the first set against Djokovic on centre court.
  • Options
    Had planned to come on to this thread an say "who cares? It's coming home" but that is quite cool to be fair haha.
  • Options
    Simona Halep the latest big name to exit. No idea who's left on the women's draw now (other than Serena!)
  • Options

Simona Halep the latest big name to exit. No idea who's left on the women's draw now (other than Serena!)

Top seed left is number 7. Pliskova.
  • Options
    Really good match developing between Edmund and Djokovic...
  • Options
    Djokovic breaks serve in the eighth game of the second set. He will serve for the second set next.
  • Options
    Djokovic takes the second set 6-3.

All level. Good match. Gonna be tough to watch at the same time as the football!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Djokovic serving for the match
  • Options
    Edmund been close but Novak just a little bit too good, McEnroe says there is signs he's getting back to his best.
  • Options
    I liked the pictures in this morning’s papers of all the empty seats yesterday when the football was on...it beggars belief when people don’t think other events are considered more important than theirs. I attended a conference just over a week ago which had a networking opportunity (drinks etc) tagged into it afterwards and when I accepted the event invitation I asked them if were they aware England was scheduled to play that night. The response I got was not many of those due to attend would be interested in the football. I drank their free beer until 6pm (it doesn’t take me long to get home) and there was just a handful of people left when I went and I knew at least two of those were about to follow me out the door.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    To be fair to Wimbledon, that area around the royal box was probably all corporate tickets, not real tennis fans and they would have dashed across the road to watch the football in air conditioned comfort with grey good vodka and champagne cocktails - shamelessly been there and done that before
  • Options
    The final is next Sunday afternoon. If England beat Croatia the LTA will pray for rain and leave the roof open.
  • Options
    Given that Andy Murray isn't playing this year and it's competing with the best world cup in a generation, i'd be surprised if many people have even noticed that Wimbledon is on.
  • Options
    edited July 2018

Given that Andy Murray isn't playing this year and it's competing with the best world cup in a generation, i'd be surprised if many people have even noticed that Wimbledon is on.

Exactly what I was thinking. I love tennis (playing and watching) but the lack of British contenders and England's form in Russia have meant I haven't seen a single point yet. I bet viewer numbers are historically low this year.
  • Options
    Is Wimbledon on ??
  • Options

If England reach the WC final, for once the women's final on Saturday may get better viewing figures than the men's final on Sunday!

However if we are in the 3rd place playoff game on Saturday, the women's final will be ignored as well!
  • Options
    With no world cup today, it's probably the first time i'll watch any of it.

All of the last 16 matches taking place today. Federer, Nadal and Djokovic still in.

Women's draw looks a complete mess though, with only 7 of the 32 seeds left.