Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wimbledon 2018 (& the grass court season)

Comments

• Options
    I’d say this is one of the best games I’ve ever seen. For what it means to these two as much as the tennis on show, which has been relentless.
  • Options
    Can't stop watching this match. Will pick up the England match when this finishes.
  • Options
    philcafc said:

Can't stop watching this match. Will pick up the England match when this finishes.

If it’s not still going when the football has finished!
  • Options

BBC just spent that entire changeover with camera focused on Kate, Meghan and Camilla talking and laughing

I don't think it's Camilla
  • Options

BBC just spent that entire changeover with camera focused on Kate, Meghan and Camilla talking and laughing

I don't think it's Camilla
    Tbf wasnt paying attention to the old fart.

More interested in Kate and Meghan
  • Options
    A superb match, well done to both. Djokovic favourite to win it now.
  • Options
    philcafc said:

A superb match, well done to both. Djokovic favourite to win it now.

Can’t we get them back again tomorrow to replay that match, that was EPIC!
  • Options
    Watched five minutes of the ladies final and about ten minutes of Djokovic and Nadal. Simply can’t stand the grunting and squealing from both sexes. It’s unwatchable for me now.
  • Options
    Kerber wins it.
  • Options
    Women's final rubbish as usual - how long did it last? Very poor in contrast to the men's competition.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Blimey that was fast, I was about to turn over from the football!
  • Options

Women's final rubbish as usual - how long did it last? Very poor in contrast to the men's competition.

1 hour and 7 minutes.
  • Options
    Womens semi finals combined took 2 hours 18 minutes

Mens semi finals combined took 11 hours 52 minutes

Yet both paid the same.

Dont get me wrong I am all for equal pay but only if womens games are 5 setters as well
  • Options

Yet both paid the same.

Dont get me wrong I am all for equal pay but only if womens games are 5 setters as well

If we're really about equal pay then they should play in the same competition. The women's game doesn't bear comparison to the men's.
  • Options
    6 years running the final has been 2 sets only, without even a tiebreak. Indeed only 1 out of the last TWELVE finals has gone to 3 sets.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Call me sexist but there’s no way the women should be paid the same as men for winn

Yet both paid the same.

I’m not for equal pay if they are 5 setters where this is concerned , should women’s footballers get paid the same as their counterparts because they play 90 mins as well .
    The men’s game is more popular in both they are not doing the same standard of job .

In the workplace if someone’s performance was way below a colleague would they deserve the same pay or if someone put in a lot more hours
  • Options

Call me sexist but there’s no way the women should be paid the same as men for winn

Yet both paid the same.

I’m not for equal pay if they are 5 setters where this is concerned , should women’s footballers get paid the same as their counterparts because they play 90 mins as well .
    The men’s game is more popular in both they are not doing the same standard of job .

In the workplace if someone’s performance was way below a colleague would they deserve the same pay or if someone put in a lot more hours
    But it happens.

For instance my last job I was working for a company, that were doing work for Lambeth Council Tax Department.

We were doing the exact same job as the people working at Olive Morris House the only difference is we were based in Bromley.

Yet the money we were on was nothing compared to what they and staff doing the same job at other councils were on.
  • Options
    All the top women's pros want to play 5-set matches. I think there will be a change soon
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Less than 40 minutes in Novak a set and a break up.

This match wont pass 2 hours
  • Options

Less than 40 minutes in Novak a set and a break up.

This match wont pass 2 hours

Let's hope not, then we can see the World Cup Final, without missing the Wimbledon final.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Watched the first set while on my break at work, Anderson is physically empty, he has nothing left to give after Friday and the 5th set against Federer.
  • Options
    If Djokovic spent more time playing tennis, instead of unnecessarily bouncing the bleeding ball before serving, this game would have finished by now.
  • Options
    edited July 2018

If Djokovic spent more time playing tennis, instead of unnecessarily bouncing the bleeding ball before serving, this game would have finished by now.

Boris Becker said in the other day when he was on coaching Djokovic, that really used to wind him up
  • Options

Boris Becker said in the other day when he was on coaching Djokovic, that really used to wind him up
    I've turned over for the WC build up, I can't bear it any longer, so boring.
  • Options
    Anderson finally competitive in the 3rd set
  • Options
    A clear Shut The F*** Up to the crowd from Novak then
  • Options
    All over, 7-6 in the 3rd to Djokovic. Anderson seemed on top in that set
  • Options
    Just too easy.
  • Options
    Nadal, Federer and now Djokovic have all come back from injury and / or loss of form to win majors. There just isn't anyone coming through to challenge them.
  • Options
    A shame that Wimbledon doesn't start tomorrow, as this year's event (especially the first week) was totally overshadowed by the World Cup