Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England V Panama- 1PM Kick off

Comments

• Options
    Would fancy playing vardy and Kane together.
  • Options

Really hope Sterling starts and does some magic.

He has a lot of pressure which we blame on the media but the fans equally pressure him. Everyone I know either loves or hates him.

I think he's quality and hope he can produce it for England. Our closest player to world class imo, after Kane obviously.

Just hope he isn't another Rooney. World Class for club and poor for country.

The funny thing is that Sterling got loads of support before the WC after the tabloid controversy over the gun tattoo, but that completely evaporated after the first game!
  • Options
    Sterling starts FFS.
  • Options

Stuck on a school trip and can't watch this. Gutted. 8-0 England ;)

Never new you was a schoolboy :)
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

Sterling starts FFS.

40th time lucky for sterling ?
  • Options
    Apart from loftus cheek in for ali I think it's the same side we had against Tunisia.
  • Options
    Of all the images Ive seen of the Squad today its a breath of fresh air to see none of the players getting off the coach wearing headphones etc.
  • Options
    3-1 to England...just said on the radio that England fans will be outnumbered by Panama (as they were by Tunisia)....would never of happened anywhere else in Europe surely?
  • Options
    Can't see any danger for this game and would expect a +2 goal margin. Get the goals and then make some subs to just close the game out. Not expecting fireworks
  • Options
    Last chance for Stirling in this world cup for me (as a starter I mean) quite right to keep him in the side considering the opposition - it's worth remembering if he starts firing he could be a real asset to the team, but if he is not up to it then today will show it against this level of opposition.

I'm staying positive I think Stirling scores today to quieten the doubters. The stage is set for it really.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I fell of a ladder yesterday and watching from a hospital bed. A new viewing position for me
  • Options
    It's hot there, so it will be good to get a decent lead so we can then slow things down, and rest Kane etc
  • Options

Last chance for Stirling in this world cup for me (as a starter I mean) quite right to keep him in the side considering the opposition - it's worth remembering if he starts firing he could be a real asset to the team, but if he is not up to it then today will show it against this level of opposition.

I'm staying positive I think Stirling scores today to quieten the doubters. The stage is set for it really.

Sterling scoring against Panama is not going to quieten the doubters. And quite rightly so, it's Panama. And historically he has been shite for England.
  • Options

It's hot there, so it will be good to get a decent lead so we can then slow things down, and rest Kane etc

And it would be good to give Vardy a run out.
  • Options
    Solidgone said:

I fell of a ladder yesterday and watching from a hospital bed. A new viewing position for me

That's not good mate.
    Get well soon
  • Options
    DRAddick said:

Sterling scoring against Panama is not going to quieten the doubters. And quite rightly so, it's Panama. And historically he has been shite for England.
    Disagree. It will absolutely quieten them. Not silence them completely of course - I would still expect plenty of "he's still crap" and "it's only Panama" comments, just like if he had scored against Tunisia it would have been "it's only Tunisia" because it's England and there always has to be a scapegoat. My point is it will buy him some more time.
  • Options
    DRAddick said:

You’d say its only Panama if it was friendly. Not in a World Cup tournament.
  • Options
    Great insight by Rio, Lampard and Shearer.
    Confirmed that Ericsson shackled Rio compared to Hoddle who encouraged him to run with the ball.
  • Options
    Panama are going to do what a side like Panama should. Get physical, sit deep and make it tight

We need an early goal to settle us and to make them come and attack us or at least show some intent

Sterling needs to start, he was positive and getting in the right areas last week he just needs an end product and all is well
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Confirmed that Ericsson shackled Rio compared to Hoddle who encouraged him to run with the ball.

Yes, that was really interesting and disappointing
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    It's really interesting that about three times now "Englands missed chances" has been mentioned - you'd think England are the only team in the tournament to miss chances- did anyone watch the Brazil game the other day they missed a hatful! Not even mentioned.
  • Options
    Thank f*** Keown's been dropped.
  • Options
    Come on boys let’s put them to the sword.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

Sterling starts FFS.

Could be a game to give him some confidence and let him settle into his new role as a second forward. A position he does not play in at club level.
  • Options
    Southgate has a lovely singing voice lol sounded like he was doing a solo there!
  • Options

Although doesn't help not a single one of them wasn't willing or able to put England ahead of their ridiculous club cliques.
  • Options
    The hymn to the ismus? Was that the 12” version?
  • Options
    1 minute in, shite refereeing decision. Unreal
  • Options
    So if that was a pen to Tunisia surely thats a pen to England?