Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Diego Maradona - hospitalised after Nigeria game

Comments

• Options
    Can’t argue that the skill shown just to get in postition to score with his habd was nothing short of exceptional
  • Options
    86 World Cup was just a few months before i was old enough to get into football so i don't really share the hatred for him that many older people obviously do. If i'd been old enough though i'd no doubt be fuming.

I just see him as a fat mess who given his lifestyle has done well to still be alive at nearly 60.
  • Options
    Gods grip is getting tighter on Diego.
  • Options
    At the end of the day he is a footballing icon who has graced the game wrongly or rightly. Hope he sorts himself out and is back on track.
  • Options

PaddyP17 said:

If this were Gazza the sentiments would all be "how sad, battling his demons, hope he pulls through".

But it's not, and he did the hand of God thing, so let's all laugh. Ha ha ha. Let's revel in a clearly ill man's problems. Hilarious.

Have I got that right?

Nope.

I’ve little sympathy for either of them. Or George Best for that matter.

This anyone that has a transplant and continues to drink is a bit of a twat, although I fucking love gazza but that’s cos he’s one of our own.
    "One of our own" - do you mean he's English?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

PaddyP17 said:

If this were Gazza the sentiments would all be "how sad, battling his demons, hope he pulls through".

But it's not, and he did the hand of God thing, so let's all laugh. Ha ha ha. Let's revel in a clearly ill man's problems. Hilarious.

Have I got that right?

Nope.

This anyone that has a transplant and continues to drink is a bit of a twat, although I fucking love gazza but that’s cos he’s one of our own.
    Surely that stands to reason?

If people are gonna chuck Gazza's name about, comparing him to Maraconna, English football fans are gonna come down on Gazza's side every time in the argument. Why would that need explaining?

I hope DM gets an extra large girth pipe shoved down his throat to pump his stomach and makes a reasonable recovery.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thank God Boris ain't there.
  • Options
    As a 15 year old “studying” , well maybe not , for my O-Levels/ CSE’s during the 1986 World Cup I blame him for my poor exam results , I wasn’t in a good place after his cheating antics .
    Would VAR have helped us in 1986 ?

• Options
    edited June 2018
    se9addick said:

PaddyP17 said:

Have I got that right?

Nope.

Well as far as I’m aware he has never played for Charlton. So yes because he is English, any chance we can not turn this into a row already had enough this morning because of some on morning tv saying the st George’s Cross should be banned.

You do have form for being a bit of a Wolly around any partiotic comments so if you could avoid that then that would be v handy.

Cheers
  • Options

se9addick said:

PaddyP17 said:

Have I got that right?

Nope.

Well as far as I’m aware he has never played for Charlton. So yes because he is English, any chance we can not turn this into a row already had enough this morning because of some on morning tv saying the st George cross should be banned.
    Did Gazza play for us in a charity game once.
    Possibly but the poster asking has form so it’s likely an attempt to make me look like some sort of edl nutjob, how dare you be proud to be English.
  • Options
    Maradona's former agent Jon Smith talking on BBC Radio 5 live

Diego is a really high-energy guy and has always been that way. When I was with him in the '80s and '90s, he was high on life but his problem at the moment is he doesn't sleep so he takes these sleeping pills and if he interacts with other substances during the day, such as alcohol, it has an effect on him.

He quite enjoys being a parody of himself at times. I understand why people criticise him but in his heart he's a warm, caring guy.

I just hope he one day doesn't do something stupidly excessive and something silly happens. He's an embodiment of living life.

Pretty sure it wasn't just 'life'.
  • Options
    Maradona was quite simply a genius of a footballer and one of the best, some would say the best, there has ever been.

Like many supremely gifted and talented people he has many flaws in his character and I personally believe he is more to be pitied than scolded.
  • Options
    DA9 said:

Regardless of his health problems, I hope fifa now ban him from the tournament, his behaviour, gestures and language towards the Nigerian fans was disgraceful, how anyone with an official fifa pass can be allowed back after that display is beyond me.

Erm...FIFA banning someone on the grounds of dodgy morality? Now if he'd been snorting the wrong brand of coke or giving the finger whilst drinking an unofficial, non-sponsored beer, they'd throw the book at him.

• Options
    Just said to one of the guys that I work with

Take one look at Maradona or Gazza and you'd laugh if you got told they were once World Class Footballers

Take someone like Gary Lineker or Pele though and its a completely different case
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

se9addick said:

PaddyP17 said:

Have I got that right?

Nope.

Well as far as I’m aware he has never played for Charlton. So yes because he is English, any chance we can not turn this into a row already had enough this morning because of some on morning tv saying the st George’s Cross should be banned.

You do have form for being a bit of a Wolly around any partiotic comments so if you could avoid that then that would be v handy.

Cheers

se9addick said:

PaddyP17 said:

Have I got that right?

Nope.

Well as far as I’m aware he has never played for Charlton. So yes because he is English, any chance we can not turn this into a row already had enough this morning because of some on morning tv saying the st George cross should be banned.
    Possibly but the poster asking has form so it’s likely an attempt to make me look like some sort of edl nutjob, how dare you be proud to be English.
    Ha, brilliant!

I'm actually very patriotic, although I would imagine that word means very different things to you and I but I would love to see some examples of my "form".

For the record, as a Rangers supporter, I love Gazza although he's clearly a very troubled man. He and Maradona suffer from similar demons that have manifested themselves in similar ways. They carry the weight of the working class, which in Argentina especially, must be very heavy. Not excuse for acting like a twat though.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

se9addick said:

PaddyP17 said:

Have I got that right?

Nope.

Cheers

se9addick said:

PaddyP17 said:

Have I got that right?

Nope.

Ha, brilliant!

I'm actually very patriotic, although I would imagine that word means very different things to you and I but I would love to see some examples of my "form".

For the record, as a Rangers supporter, I love Gazza although he's clearly a very troubled man. He and Maradona suffer from similar demons that have manifested themselves in similar ways. They carry the weight of the working class, which in Argentina especially, must be very heavy. Not excuse for acting like a twat though.
    Not getting into tit for tat cba, why did you question what I meant by he’s one of his own?
  • Options
    Just for the record he was not hospitalized last night. Fake news.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Yeah, but, errr, people wished him dead over a game of football.

Somewhere. I think. Not on this thread, though.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

se9addick said:

PaddyP17 said:

Have I got that right?

Nope.

Cheers

se9addick said:

PaddyP17 said:

Have I got that right?

Nope.

They carry the weight of the working class...…..
    Right on brother.

• Options

Just said to one of the guys that I work with

Take one look at Maradona or Gazza and you'd laugh if you got told they were once World Class Footballers

Take someone like Gary Lineker or Pele though and its a completely different case

Pele has got a floppy nana though......so it ain’t all golden.
    Ha ha in fairness the guy is 77 though.
  • Options

Riviera said:

Yeah, but, errr, people wished him dead over a game of football.

Somewhere. I think. Not on this thread, though.
    Errr yourself!

But what has your comment got to do with my post? Don't drag me into your crusade please.