Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• Ask him about his move to celtic that fell through before forest 
  • shine166 said:
    Tbh as much of a dick he is for what he did, I don't understand why people complain on sm when someone they've been giving grief... dares to have a pop back. 
    This is true. If he actually had any sort of humility about him he would've apologised long before now over what he did and i think most people would've moved on. He obviously thinks he did nothing wrong so he will always get stick but as the old saying goes,'dont feed the troll'. He loves the attention.
  • I liked him while with us but also happy to see him go. Can’t stand him now, wouldn’t troll him and don’t get why people do
  • edited April 2022
    shine166 said:
    Tbh as much of a dick he is for what he did, I don't understand why people complain on sm when someone they've been giving grief... dares to have a pop back. 
    This is true. If he actually had any sort of humility about him he would've apologised long before now over what he did and i think most people would've moved on. He obviously thinks he did nothing wrong so he will always get stick but as the old saying goes,'dont feed the troll'. He loves the attention.
    Everyone knows somebody like him in everyday life.

Never in the wrong. Always quick to deflect when called out. Often goes hand in hand with extreme insecurity.

And the one thing that would hurt them the most is a lack of attention.
  • cafctom said:
    shine166 said:

Never in the wrong. Always quick to deflect when called out. Often goes hand in hand with extreme insecurity.

Agree with the second paragraph 100%, but will never disagree with what he did.  He has been panned from a supporters view.
    I'd f*** my bosses off for 4x my present salary.
  • AndyG said:
    Agree 100% you cant blame the bloke for going for more money. BUT I can blame him for refusing to see his contract out and that probably got us relegated 
    He blew out 3 games.
  • cafctom said:
    shine166 said:

Agree with the second paragraph 100%, but will never disagree with what he did.  He has been panned from a supporters view.
    He ducked out of nine games and got us relegated, all while being paid for the privilege. No excuses for that. He’s not even injury prone. And you’ll never disagree with what he did?
  • Sponsored links:

• AndyG said:
    AndyG said:
    Agree 100% you cant blame the bloke for going for more money. BUT I can blame him for refusing to see his contract out and that probably got us relegated 
    He blew out 3 games.
    3 games or 9 games mate he owed it to his team mates to see his contract out imo. Unforgivable behaviour in a team sport
    As I have said many times, what he did was wrong but I understand why he did it.
    He is looking after himself, why care about people he'll unlikely meet again.
  • AndyG said:
    He blew out 3 games.
    9 games. Football contracts in their spirit run until the end of the season
    Spirit or otherwise, my understanding it was 3.
  • AndyG said:
    AndyG said:
    He blew out 3 games.
    3 games or 9 games mate he owed it to his team mates to see his contract out imo. Unforgivable behaviour in a team sport
    As I have said many times, what he did was wrong but I understand why he did it.
    He is looking after himself, why care about people he'll unlikely meet again.
    I admit it's probably the way I look at things and it's a minority view but when you play for a team you give 100% for the team. Even more so when you are a professional and have signed a contract. He sat out and basically watched his team get relegated, maybe the same would have happened if he played but if I was in that situation there is not a chance I could do that and I think it says alot about a person who can
  • edited April 2022
    AndyG said:
    He blew out 3 games.
    One of those three was Cardiff where we mustered 0 shots on target from 8 attempts.

If Lyle plays in place of André Green there (or in place of Chuks) we probably at least hit the target and potentially we survive. 

A lot of pressure on him, but as our talismanic striker, he could and should have tried to prove he could handle it.
  • AndyG said:
    He blew out 3 games.
    Contracts ran to the end of June, as that was when the season should have long been finished

Because of Covid, a once in a century event, the season was delayed until after June. Those games in July were part of the 2019/20 season, the transfer window was still shut for example, the sponsors were the same etc

In such awful circumstances for society, footballers had a moral duty to make themselves available until those games had been played. Nearly every other player did so, the only other high profile individual I can think of elsewhere who didn't was Ryan Fraser.
  • cafctom said:
    shine166 said:

So would I, in fact I’m doing exactly that in a few months, once I complete my current contract, despite being desperate to leave now. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Clubs do not play players so not to activate contracts. It's a two way street.
  • Bod said:
    Considering his highest profile moments were in our shirt and he couldn’t wait to dump on his beloved Wimbledon quick enough to get here I’d say he proves time and time again what a classless knob he truly is, generally an arse splinter receiver in tier 2 and as that guy said- it won’t be long before he’s slopping around in tier 4 with his “beloved” Wimbledon.
    Not fit to clean King Clive’s boots!
    Starting every game for Birmingham at the moment and still one of the best strikers we’ve had since the Prem years.
  • cafctom said:
    shine166 said:

But he would have got that contract anyway, he should have still played out his contract with us, at the least those 3 games that weren't even a Covid extension, but just his actual contract he agreed.

What he did was the equivalent of throwing a sticky for a week or two before handing in your notice and then never showing up again afterwards.

That's a dick move even if it's to people that you're "unlikely.to meet again".

Not to mention the digs now over the league we're in etc when that's partly his fault.

• the 3 games - he was wrong and it was a breach of contract

the remainder was up to him and i dont blame him for what he done. 

age isnt on his side and will be most money he will earn. 

lets rememeber we got relegated by a point. 

i also agree that whilst playing for his national team ( his choice ) he was injured and didnt play a large part of the season. 

swings and roundabouts i feel. 
  • That's an unbelievably shocking quote from Taylor. He's dead to me (for the second time). 
  • edited April 2022
    Clubs do not play players so not to activate contracts. It's a two way street.
    Yep, we were very close to Andy Petterson, cafc bombed him out with 1 game to go of a payment clause to Luton. We do it for contracts and club payments. 

Taylor is still a cnut though 
  • That's an unbelievably shocking quote from Taylor. He's dead to me (for the second time). 
    Has he said something recently?
    Has he said something recently?
    'just stick to worrying about your clown club ' in a tweet , seems more an insult on clowns if i'm honest