Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• Brentford just made £10m on one season of Konsa. I hope it's true we've kicked them into touch. I hope they have another shit season too. 
  • “On the level... I will be taking time away from Twitter especially because the last few days have been unacceptable. I wish you all well and you’ll see me in due course.”

• Lyle who? 😜
  • edited August 2019

Yes had some idiots comments - but when you are on social media you do sort of allow yourself to be commented on by these dickheads 

we probably have a fan base 5 times the size of Wimbledon - hence more prick comments. 

And in fairness he currently has a year left on his contract so will go on a free at the end of the season, IF a new contract was signed then we would be celebrating but his goal could be the difference between league 1 and championship 
  • Anyone know how to check if this was our Lyle?

• edited August 2019
    clb74 said:
    Its not just twitter though.
    I cant believe how wound up fans get about players leaving.
    If he goes all the best and if he stays fine by me
    Fan is short for fanatic.
    Something you are not obviously.

As he was a season ticket holder for years until this season and he does more than his fair share of away games I would say he is.
    I have no doubt that clb74  is a supporter of many years.
    Being a fan, you eat, drink and dread star players being sold. If you are not bothered if the likes of Lyle, Yann leave etc then that must be cool. We are all different or as I imagine having seen many of his posts, clb74 wants to create a certain persona. Must be great not to let it get to you ?

People who have abused Lyle Taylor are moronic. 
    No one with half a brain would've blamed Taylor for wanting to double his wages in the champ (a guess). But I would rather he had a free in the summer of 20/20 and got his two year contract at 15-20k a week at a club in the championship.

Would be great if he could be paid that at Cafc but the wages seem to go down every year at Charlton.

• Dazzler21 said:
    Anyone know how to check if this was our Lyle?

No it was me
  • I can usually rely on you for a like!
  • Sponsored links:

• Live by the sword, die by the sword, it really makes me chuckle when people who post on social media and allow "followers" then whinge when a small % of their followers only spout bollocks and nonsense towards them.  Not saying Taylor whines but so called modern day celebrities are almost astonished when they get negative and spiteful comments in response to their vain and somewhat self promoting pathetic posts and images. 

All that aside very glad Taylor is still one of ours, he seems (never met him and unlikely to ever do so) a decent lad with a good social conscious.  I have no doubt he will score plenty for us this season and get a better t&c's contract when he leaves next Jan or July. Should Roland sell up then we just might see his playing career come to an end with us and ends up as an Addicks legend- I really hope this is the case.

Very much looking forward to watching and supporting him this season wearing our colours.
  • Perhaps all of these knobs will issue an apology now that he has stayed. 
    No I didn't think so. Keyboard warrior knobs the lot.
  • I'm gutted ....due to fact that he's temporarily quit Twitter, he was obviously a tad slightly hurt by the digs from certain people.

He's a fans favourite.

We know he can't just casually tell us what's going on 

He was probably 50/50 about the idea. He's only human.

Sometimes, a minority of our fans can let us down a bit.

We overall have a very good reputation....but unfortunately, like all clubs, There are some right losers who say they are Charlton fans 
  • What did people say to make him make this decision?
  • Over emotional keyboard warriors is what the world is turning into. How people think  abusing a player through their computers or phones is acceptable. He isn’t ‘asking for it’ by being on social media. He’s a young footballer earning a living and no matter how much he knew or didn’t know or want or didn’t want to move, it’s so wrong. People are arseholes. 
    Yup 
  • edited August 2019
    We did more loans  than Santander. I'm trying to reflect on the comings and no goings and it all feel surreal.
    I think there must be lots of love shown to Lyle and he understands he is still Lyle Taylor Baby. He will feel discombobulated if the Peterborough chairman is telling the truth about the Toney deal which meant that Taylor the Journeyman footballer was heading west.
    He needs to reconnect with majority of Cafc fans and forget about the wankers.
    Lyle has been magic for Cafc and I would hate him to lose his mojo over this episode.
  • Combine the closing transfer window with social media and it’s the perfect pairing for creating unrest in your rivals team or in a player your team is trying to buy. Anybody who takes notice of unsettling comments from ‘charlton’ fans who suddenly don’t like the most popular player in the team needs to have a rethink on how they use the internet and social media...that, or take advantage of a once in a lifetime opportunity in a bank account in Nigeria that’s got $2 billion in it which you can have half of if you pay the official fees for...or not 
  • Forget the twitter nonsense Lyle, game time is around the corner, time for your first hat trick of the season!
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyone think he won’t start Saturday? 

Although I think some of the stuff said wasn’t warranted, bust ups with bowyer etc, imo it wasn’t that bad, it’s the modern football world and social media. 

Reports he hasn’t trained much this week, and if he does have a negative attitude it is either he’s upset that SOME fans didn’t trust him or that he didn’t get a move away as we couldn’t get a striker in 
  • edited August 2019

Lyle is the only player without an updated squad photo.
  • edited August 2019
    Yeh think there’s a big doubt about him for Saturday. Must have been very unsettling, and for his relationship with other players / manager. He’ll get over it and come back but i’d actually be quite surprised if he still starts on Saturday.
  • Hes the only one with white hair as well mate?
    After the last 48 hours I'm not surprised Lyle's hair has turned white.
  • Yeh think there’s a big doubt about him for Saturday. Must have been very unsettling, and for his relationship with other players / manager. He’ll get over it and come back but i’d actually be quite surprised if he still starts on Saturday.
    Depends what has actually happened though

If Lyle has tried to push through a move to Brentford then I imagine you'll be right

If he didnt care either way if he was sold or kept then there is no issue
  • Yeh think there’s a big doubt about him for Saturday. Must have been very unsettling, and for his relationship with other players / manager. He’ll get over it and come back but i’d actually be quite surprised if he still starts on Saturday.
    No chance, he starts for sure. 
    If indeed he did want to go the club will want him scoring goals  there will be 10 clubs bidding for him in Jan if he nets 10 goals between now and then. 
    Clubs will be desperate to ensure promotion or even possibly prevent relegation. 

He could go for double in Jan even though he does have 6months left on his contract. 
  • edited August 2019
    He will play and score. He’s got a goal scoring competition going against some player in a team up north..1-1 at the moment
  • He's the sort of player who does well with a bit of attitude/ fire in his belly.

Big season for him and he will deliver