Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• He's the sort of player who does well with a bit of attitude/ fire in his belly.

Big season for him and he will deliver 
    Mystic Rodders has spoken!
  • If fit, he will definitely start on Saturday.  And if not fit, he will probably start on Saturday. 
  • Hopefully we can get him to sign a new contract now.

If it's true that he's on 5-6k a week and Brentford were offering 15-20k then we need to offer him at least 12k. If he won't sign then not much else we can do, given we'd be smashing the wage limit for him.
  • Apparently wanted to go according to one source whose normally reliable.
  • edited August 2019
    Chizz said:
    If fit, he will definitely start on Saturday.  And if not fit, he will probably start on Saturday. 
    Agree.
    Lyle Taylor despite becoming Scott Parker according to a few cockwombles. Will play, has to play, needs to feel love and will get one if not 2 yellow card against the potters.

Lyle Taylor was only on Twitter for about a year according to one source ?
    That's right I heard it from the horse's mouth and welcome to the mandatory world where you can go from Hero to Zero by making a career change because your boss has engineered it. 
    You couldn't make it up, But folk do to suit their narrative and to pass on fake news.

Has Lyle Taylor gone from prince charming to the panto villain ?
    Oh yes he has, oh no he hasn't.
    99.9% of Cafc fans will give the answer that Lyle Taylor Baby is alive and kicking.
  • Bowyer:

"He was disappointed that things didn't quite go a certain way, but he knew the situation that was going on and is ready to get his head down."
  • Bowyer:

"He was disappointed that things didn't quite go a certain way, but he knew the situation that was going on and is ready to get his head down."
    So Lyle wanted to leave then, thats disappointing
  • to be expected if rumoured on a 6k a week contract and getting over double your salary and then being told by your current employers you cant i would be dissapointed - if i was us i would give him a 3 year contract stick him as one of our top earners and be done with it. 

now proof will be in the pudding if he is going to not play to his full potential and just fuck off in january for half the money then whats the point. 

is he still a "hero" which i took a lot of stick when i questioned that. 

will get behind the lad if he wants to play if not then fuck off no player is bigger than the club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Surely it would’ve been better for Taylor to just keep his head down and run out his contract? Unless his stock decreases massively by the end of the season I imagine that’d he have even better contract offers and signing on fees offered to him then.

• Bowyer:

Have you got a link? Maybe he was disappointed contract didn't get moved closer to what was potentially on offer from them?
  • Laddick01 said:
    Surely it would’ve been better for Taylor to just keep his head down and run out his contract? Unless his stock decreases massively by the end of the season I imagine that’d he have even better contract offers and signing on fees offered to him then.

Another way to look at it... what if he flops in the championship for us?  He has never played at this level before.

He would end up on a similar contract to the current one after leaving for free to League 1 rather than a 3 year contract on inflated wages which can, as Bowyer said, change his life.
  • Blimey did no one go to the bromley meeting at the start of the year
  • Bowyer:

iamdan said:
    Wanker 
    Why??

You have a 1 year contract ane no idea what is happening with the ownership of that company.

Another comapny comes and offers you a 3 year contract on triple the wages, to do the exact same thing, close enough that u wouldnt need to move either.

Can you honestly say you wouldnt want to leave.

If Roland is in charge Lyle isnt getting a new contract with us, then come April what if he does his ACL, he is screwed then, without the security of a contract

Dont kiss the badge at Wembley if it’s all just about money. 
    Personally would’ve sold him - no one is bigger than the club - what’s the relationship going to be like now with the people that pay to watch him?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2019
    we all know lyle has been trying to force a move, multiple people have said it on here and i have had it confirmed by someone too. people need to wake up and see it like it is, he doesn't care about the club, he cares about making money which i dont blame him for doing. The brown nosing from our fans towards him is what is annoying me, if it was any other player who did that would he get the same treatment?
     But that's the thing, he's our best player and we understand his hunger to make as much money and play at the highest possible level... If we're not offering him what he deserves, maybe that's a fair reason for him to want to move on. 

I honestly believe he will be here beyond January and still first choice striker. All we need is the new owner to sort his salary... or now he has stayed maybe Roland can do that?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Bowyer:

Have you got a link? Maybe he was disappointed contract didn't get moved closer to what was potentially on offer from them?

All on the Charlton twitter from today press conference. 
  • iamdan said:
    Bowyer:

iamdan said:
    Wanker 
    Why??

You have a 1 year contract ane no idea what is happening with the ownership of that company.

Another comapny comes and offers you a 3 year contract on triple the wages, to do the exact same thing, close enough that u wouldnt need to move either.

If Roland is in charge Lyle isnt getting a new contract with us, then come April what if he does his ACL, he is screwed then, without the security of a contract

Personally would’ve sold him - no one is bigger than the club - what’s the relationship going to be like now with the people that pay to watch him?
    If he gets his head down and does his job, then it'll be fine.

Honestly some people get way too emotional over these things. Good players come and go at clubs all the time.

Did Charlton fans give Taylor abuse when he ran down his contract and left Wimbledon for more money?
  • Modern day football unfortunately. It's a shame because he was on course to become a club legend.
  • Chizz said:
    If fit, he will definitely start on Saturday.  And if not fit, he will probably start on Saturday. 
    Agree.
    Lyle Taylor despite becoming Scott Parker according to a few cockwombles. Will play, has to play, needs to feel love and will get one if not 2 yellow card against the potters.

Lyle Taylor was only on Twitter for about a year according to one source ?
    That's right I heard it from the horse's mouth and welcome to the mandatory world where you can go from Hero to Zero by making a career change because your boss has engineered it. 
    You couldn't make it up, But folk do to suit their narrative and to pass on fake news.

Has Lyle Taylor gone from prince charming to the panto villain ?
    Oh yes he has, oh no he hasn't.
    99.9% of Cafc fans will give the answer that Lyle Taylor Baby is alive and kicking.
    Off the soapbox Sam... he wanted to leave not engineered by the boss.  It's disappointing for people.  No need for people to throw abuse about but he is hero worshipped by plenty so i can therefore understand people being upset.

Twitter isn't a place for those easily offended, it can be really cruel.  Lyle is now off twitter but that comes across as bit sulky to me.  He is more loved on there from what i can see and should just mute the abusers.

• iamdan said:
    Bowyer:

iamdan said:
    Wanker 
    Why??

Honestly, I just cannot fathom why someone would have a view like this. Why can't you have 'passion' and also care about your lively-hood and long term finances? 
  • iamdan said:
    Bowyer:

iamdan said:
    Wanker 
    Why??

If he gets his head down and does his job, then it'll be fine.

Honestly some people get way too emotional over these things. Good players come and go at clubs all the time.

Did Charlton fans give Taylor abuse when he ran down his contract and left Wimbledon for more money?
    Yes, wanker.
  • Modern day football unfortunately. It's a shame because he was on course to become a club legend.
    If Charlton sort his salary he still can get back on those rails. 
  • iamdan said:
    Bowyer:

iamdan said:
    Wanker 
    Why??

Honestly, I just cannot fathom why someone would have a view like this. Why can't you have 'passion' and also care about your lively-hood and long term finances? 
    Geezer has made thousands per week for 6/7 years plus couple of bigger signing on fees - doubt he’s scraping the barrel. 

All the guff about playing for bowyer is rubbish.