Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• I don't get all this about Lyle being at the end of his career. Yann continued playing effectively at champ level till 37. Jermaine Defoe is 37. Jamie Vardy turns 33 in January. Lyle's game is more about strength than pace - I'd say he's probably got a good 5/6 more seasons in him. No brainer to sign him up on a decent three year contract. Any replacement will cost more upfront, probably more in salary and be much more of a risk.
    Yep,  you're right it's not the end of his career .

He has one decent contract left to get as in length of time and money , i reckon,  then they'll be shorter term after that 
  • I saw bits on twitter, god this gets OTT even people on here getting grumpy.

I take it all with a pinch of salt until anything happens, life is too short to get worked up about whether a footballer is leaving or not. I hope he stays as per but if he leaves onto the next, that's life.

Same with all the takeover stuff which has gone on for years, I've never really invested in it just wait and see and cheer when it does :) Each to their own and yes I do follow Lyle on Twitter so I know he reacts to people and probably doesn't help himself.

• edited December 2019
    cafctom said:
    Seen him linked with both West Brom and Rangers today. 
    For what it’s worth - he follows Rangers on social media now. That could be because there is genuine interest, or again, he is being a massive attention seeker. Who knows.
    Perhaps he's still in touch with Joe Aribo, who's been chatting about him to his manager about what Lyle could bring to their team.

Big club,  big match atmosphere, big wages,...... he's only got to score goals regularly and he instantly becomes a big name, a cult hero even, playing in front of crowds of almost 50,000.

He gets the money and the adulation he craves. No brainer for him.

• If there’s no announcement by 1st of Jan about him signing a new contract then imo I think he’s off, I’m sure they’ve made him an offer but cant complete it until the takeovers completed.

Hope I’m completely off the mark, at least Lyles not offering false promises of staying.
  • Lyles outspoken on and off the pitch, and has certainly got his own mind, which is a good thing I think, but not everyone’s cup of tea, if I was his agent I’d be paying someone to look after his social media stuff,or delete his accounts, I’m not sure it does him or the club a lot of favours, and becomes an unnecessary distraction.
  • I really don’t think he’s been offered a new contract yet. It won’t happen under Duchatelet and the new guys can’t until the takeover is confirmed. There may have been some preliminary talks with his agent to gauge his likely demands against expected budget. 
  • I'm assuming he will go - we'll manage without him.
  • Lee Bowyer said he rejected a contract, according to Richard Cawley
    But that is a contract offered, according to the story, by Roly and the new owners might offer more. However I do think he is more likely to leave
  • Sponsored links:

• cfgs said:
    Lee Bowyer said he rejected a contract, according to Richard Cawley
    But that is a contract offered, according to the story, by Roly and the new owners might offer more. However I do think he is more likely to leave
    Exactly. I don't think this means anything. He's been offered a contract by Roland, because obviously we have to carry on, on the off chance the sale doesn't go through, which was always going to be less than he'll be offered if the sale does go through. 

It wouldn't even be a surprise if LB has agreed to sell him in Jan if the sale doesn't go through, knowing if it does he'll get the contract he wants.

As far as LT is concerned it's not a contract because it was probably no better than previous bad offers. He's waiting for "the contract" offer which will only happen once the sale goes through.
  • Bowyer said in an old interview that Lyle said he can’t see why he wouldn’t sign once Bowyer is tied down properly (under new ownership). Seeing as that hasn’t happened yet, why would Lyle put pen to paper? When on the off chance the takeover doesn’t happen and Bowyer goes in the summer? Lyle would then technically be stuck (although someone would buy him). I like Rich but this is a bit of a nothing story ... 
    You always reject the first offer. However i also do believe he'll go.

He did the same to Wimbledon for a better offer, so absolutely no reason to think he won't do the same to us.
  • edited December 2019
    If I was in Lyle's situation, I would wait until the end of season or once the new owners are in and offer me something that might increase by 30pc.

In the meantime, as we've seen. He will graft and show quality while on the pitch.
  • the yellow toothed old scrotum is probably trying to add a sell on clause into players contracts so he still gets the money after he has fucked off. 
  • the yellow toothed old scrotum is probably trying to add a sell on clause into players contracts so he still gets the money after he has fucked off. 
    Harsh mate, we haven’t seen what colour the new owners teeth are yet. 
  • hes goes he goes weve had good players before and we will have good players after hes gone. 
    Absolutely this. We've sold better players in the past.
  • If it was a typical Roland offer, I’ll hold judgment until.  If it was sanctioned by new owners (not sure if that’s possible) and he still don’t fancy it, cheerio Lyle legendary status not finalised.
  • mendonca said:
    If I was in Lyle's situation, I would wait until the end of season or once the new owners are in and offer me something that might increase by 30pc.

In the meantime, as we've seen. He will graft and show quality while on the pitch.
    I'd do the same. 

Let's say a club were willing to buy him for 3m in Jan, if he holds out to the summer he can agree to take a lump of that 3m to him instead as a signing on fee. 
  • Sponsored links:

• If Lyle has had a contract offered and has now rejected that without further negotiation, then he is want away and it'd be foolish to keep him. 

If he has stipulated that he wants to stay but the contract has to be right (and is affordable), then who can blame him?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    If Lyle has had a contract offered and has now rejected that without further negotiation, then he is want away and it'd be foolish to keep him. 

If he has stipulated that he wants to stay but the contract has to be right (and is affordable), then who can blame him?
    this with bells on
  • Dazzler21 said:
    If Lyle has had a contract offered and has now rejected that without further negotiation, then he is want away and it'd be foolish to keep him. 

I think he has even said it publicly that it is that simple - if the contract is good enough for what he thinks he deserves, then he will stay.
  • Lyle’s following Rangers on Twitter.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Or he's waiting for the new owners to be confirmed and for Bowyer to sign a new deal before he even considers signing...............
  • Scoham said:
    Lyle’s following Rangers on Twitter.
    I think he’ll follow anyone, linked with Swansea, Brentford, Rangers and one other, his agents doing his job!
  • At 29 this is the highest level LT has ever played. He has skill, speed, vision - but.... there is a reason why this is the highest level.
    If he wants away then so be it.

Toney will be a decent replacement!!