Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• Shall we start the boo or clap thread for Lyle now?
  • Scoham said:
    Lyle’s following Rangers on Twitter.
    Mates with Joe?
  • Scoham said:
    Lyle’s following Rangers on Twitter.
    Mates with Joe?
    It’s attention seeking.
  • So Taylor says he hasn't even been offered a contract.

Bowyer says Taylor was offered a good contract but turned it down.
  • bobmunro said:
    At 29 this is the highest level LT has ever played. He has skill, speed, vision - but.... there is a reason why this is the highest level.
    If he wants away then so be it.

Toney will be a decent replacement!!
    Exactly, the blokes a League 1 journeyman with a couple of pens in the Championship. 

Fuck him let him go. 
    Exactly??

I never said anything remotely like that.
  • edited December 2019
    Can’t deny he’s a good player, probably our best.

But he’s 29 and has shown himself up the last few months on twitter etc. You need people who want to play for the club, Lyle clearly doesn’t.
  • Sponsored links:

• Children please.
  • edited December 2019
    bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:
    At 29 this is the highest level LT has ever played. He has skill, speed, vision - but.... there is a reason why this is the highest level.

Exactly, the blokes a League 1 journeyman with a couple of pens in the Championship. 

Fuck him let him go. 
    Exactly??

I meant exactly as in let him go if he wants to go. 

The rest was a joke because in reality I would be gutted to see him go. He would be hard to replace and I can’t see someone like Toney coming in unfortunately. More likely the Blackpool guy. 
  • I wonder if this so called exclusive is actually just trying to get a few hits on the Londonnewsonline website.

Doesn’t say when the contract was offered so might be referring to the last time one was offered to him. Doesn’t seem credible that RD would be offering contracts now with the sale about to go through.
  • Our fans are a real sensitive bunch!
  • I wonder if this so called exclusive is actually just trying to get a few hits on the Londonnewsonline website.

Doesn’t say when the contract was offered so might be referring to the last time one was offered to him. Doesn’t seem credible that RD would be offering contracts now with the sale about to go through.

I heard a little while ago that he (through his agent) was offered 60% of what he was looking for and it was turned down by his agent.
    Taylor can say that "HE" hasn't been offered a contract, but that doesn't mean that his agent wasn't.
  • mendonca said:
    Our fans are a real sensitive bunch!
    How dare you!
  • He thinks he is better than he is thats clear. I would like him to stay but not bothered if he goes now tbh.
  • bobmunro said:

Fuck him let him go. 
    Jesus Christ.....what a twat!
    bobmunro said:

Fuck him let him go. 
    Was a bloody joke you wanker. 
    I do like a nice bit of Christmas spirit. 
    F$%k off
  • Sponsored links:

• we will be mental to not offer him a decent 3 year deal and let him walk for nothing, he would stay with the right (sensible) offer - my guess is he's not even taking the piss with what he's after
  • edited December 2019
    bobmunro said:

Fuck him let him go. 
     Back in the day I would have assumed you liked hospital food. A case of crossed wires, stand down everybody 😉.
  • edited December 2019
    Rich Cawley has said he doesn't believe ESI's offer would be much different from Roland's, which if true, surely suggests it's a decent offer.
  • cs1986 said:
    He thinks he is better than he is thats clear. I would like him to stay but not bothered if he goes now tbh.
    problem is our results since his been out suggests what he thinks of himself is pretty much backed up, regardless of the other injuries we haven't won!

I like Taylor, he is everything i hate about players that play for other teams, he riles you up, he is gritty but he is also a real character. Do i see him leaving honestly? no i don't. i think personally if he has spoken to ESI and likes the sound of the project they are keen to put in place, why would you leave? just offer him a package that he isn't going to turn down. It's all about ambition and money, his 29, he wants to play in the prem, if they invest the way we hope then that could happen in 2 years, who knows?!?

Lets be honest, if they do invest as we all hope, it could be some serious adventure for him and us, one i would hope he would want to be a part of, as personally i feel he could play a major part. 
  • edited December 2019
    bobmunro said:

Fuck him let him go. 
    bobmunro said:

Fuck him let him go. 
      Bit early to be on the Brandy ain’t it? 
  • bobmunro said:

Fuck him let him go. 
    bobmunro said:

Fuck him let him go. 
    Shut up.
  • bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:

Fuck him let him go. 
    Exactly??

I meant exactly as in let him go if he wants to go. 

The rest was a joke because in reality I would be gutted to see him go. He would be hard to replace and I can’t see someone like Toney coming in unfortunately. More likely the Blackpool guy. 
    Blimey mate.....why didn’t you put a smiley up or something, of course given what you posted I thought you were being something of a twat........so sorry for that., please accept my apologies.
    Ermmmm Merry Christmas......... and all that.
  • cs1986 said:
    He thinks he is better than he is thats clear. I would like him to stay but not bothered if he goes now tbh.
    I think he is a confident person that knows what he wants.

I imagine he has had contact with clubs regularly since the Brentford deal went sideways.

Who can blame him for a final pay day to change the course of his life.