Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• Chunes said:
    Southall said even if he doesn't sign he'll be here til the end of the season. Unless someone offers millions. Can't see someone offering millions for a player out of contract in six months. 
    I’d be interested to know what amount they would sell for. If it was say £1.5 - £2m, it wouldn’t be worth our while - relegation would be more of a disaster than losing the player for nothing. 
    Agree. 

If if there are three clubs interested it will be who wants him more. Taylor is a very good striker and there are not a lot about, and even less that are available.

The two that miss out will have to look elsewhere and what will that cost them £10m? 

That is why Taylor will not leave for a couple of million if he leaves in January.
  • There have been two opinions that have been quite prevalent recently. The first is that January transfer window is a bad time to do business, the second that if we sold Lyle we would not get much money as he can leave for a free in the summer.

They do not 100% contradict each other but they have contradictory elements to them.

All of the clubs mentioned who are might be in for Lyle (Villa, Forest, Wednesday, Rangers) want him now. To either stay up, go up or win the league (Rangers) therefore if he is to be sold this window I think we can demand a premium which I would expect to be at least what Brentford offered in the summer.
  • Chunes said:
    Southall said even if he doesn't sign he'll be here til the end of the season. Unless someone offers millions. Can't see someone offering millions for a player out of contract in six months. 
    But it will be undisclosed (probably), so he'll go and we'll never know.

Personally, I'm not a great believer in coincidences.
    Taylor "appeared" to be ok in the first half at Swansea.
    He mysteriously didn't come out for the 2nd half.
    Now, if I was a betting man and had to guess which player would be subbed at HT with no "apparent" injury it would be him.

It will also be quite a coincidence if he does play for us again, but isn't fit until the window closes.

Ok I don't know, but there's a right stink. 

NB His original injury a month or so after he was denied a move came from nowhere.
    No one saw it happen did they ?
    Another mystery.

20% Lyle's totally genuine, 80% these injuries have a smaller or larger element of bullshit.
    I think we've done the September  "was he or wasnt he injured" 'to death.......but I agree the "injury" at Swansea seems rather strange. He didnt contribute much during the first, apart from one spat with one of their players that was given as a foul against Lyle but to me looked at least 50/50. No sight of him pulling up or getting injured.....just he didnt come out for the 2nd half. 

We will never know, but I am not expecting to see him play for us again &  for whomever he signs for I'm expecting him to be in the starting line up from day one & play all 90 mins with no niggles.
  • There have been two opinions that have been quite prevalent recently. The first is that January transfer window is a bad time to do business, the second that if we sold Lyle we would not get much money as he can leave for a free in the summer.

They do not 100% contradict each other but they have contradictory elements to them.

All of the clubs mentioned who are might be in for Lyle (Villa, Forest, Wednesday, Rangers) want him now. To either stay up, go up or win the league (Rangers) therefore if he is to be sold this window I think we can demand a premium which I would expect to be at least what Brentford offered in the summer.
    That’s the point, and where I believe Southall has positioned himself. To be worth us selling him we have to get that premium. If someone is willing to pay it, then let’s talk. If not, Lyle plays out his contract here. Maybe they get back to the table and he signs a deal in February or March, or maybe we still lose him but we can sign a replacement in the summer when it’ll disrupt our team much less and when we might be able to do better deal that saves us as much as we might have made selling Taylor. If we sell him for 2 m now but have to pay 2 m more to get, say, Toney (just to pick an example) in January then it’s a wash anyway. 
  • I know that is the point @Exiled_Addick. Not sure that everybody gets it though.
  • We just need a decent house buying analogy and some more puns about fish and seafood.
  • Lyle's agent is like an estate agent, and Lyle is a nice detached 4-bedroom house. The  current owner of Lyle House has decided to tell everyone the house is in need of major repairs in order to make sure he can sell the house later... Wait.. no... 
  • Chunes said:
    not to mention a player who has been injured for pretty much 4 of this seasons 6 months so far.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2020
    If selling him now means bringing in 3,4,5 decent quality players that will not only help us stay up this year but push us upwards from next season onwards, he’ll be sold.

Otherwise, he’s too important for the next 15-20 games and will most probably see those out before moving on.

The ball is entirely in his court. Like others, I want him to stay but I’m 99% certain he’s going to get better offers (from a monetary perspective) from elsewhere and therefore be gone by the summer.
  • Couldnt see any big bids coming in for him but I watched Bournemouth last night.

They are woeful in front of goal and are currently crying out for any sort of striker.
    Their top scorer is currently young Harry Wilson with 6.

I couldn’t help but think that a player like Lyle might be worth a punt for someone in their position.
    Villa have similar problems.
  • 2 recent injuries are going to work against him with this window. Those teams need somebody in who will hit the net running, not the ground! 

• They are woeful in front of goal and are currently crying out for any sort of striker.
    Their top scorer is currently young Harry Wilson aged 6.

Anyone else read this as this?
  • We just need a decent house buying analogy and some more puns about fish and seafood.
    not to mention a pot noodle and a wank.

• They are woeful in front of goal and are currently crying out for any sort of striker.
    Their top scorer is currently young Harry Wilson aged 6.

Anyone else read this as this?
      Looking at him I don't think that's far away!
  • Sick of it now.  He's had months of being paid for fuck all after injury in a match for someone else.  Time for a bit of loyalty.  Great player but we have team and a club to think about.  Step up or sod off.

Loyalty in football is almost non existent.
    Do you mean by the players ?
    If people want Taylor to feck off after his 18 months of magic then there's no loyalty from some fans. I want it sorted but good luck to Taylor but I'm a Cafc fan first so it has to be right for the club when he leaves.
    June 1st sounds perfect if we can't meet his wage demand and others can.

According to what I heard from the horses mouth, Lyle doesn't watch football when at home,  Unless he's on there obviously !
  • Chunes said:
    I’d be interested to know what amount they would sell for. If it was say £1.5 - £2m, it wouldn’t be worth our while - relegation would be more of a disaster than losing the player for nothing. 
    Can't see how Lyle is worth any less than Maddison from a league below us. Also if we are now 'in the money' on a par with the likes of Brentford who can command hefty fees when seeling, why would we even entertain under-selling him. He could be the difference between staying up or relegation, which would undoubtedly cost much more than any fee gained. 
  • Chunes said:
    Can't see how Lyle is worth any less than Maddison from a league below us. Also if we are now 'in the money' on a par with the likes of Brentford who can command hefty fees when seeling, why would we even entertain under-selling him. He could be the difference between staying up or relegation, which would undoubtedly cost much more than any fee gained. 
    Age, and he was priced at £4m in the summer, but I don't think he'll be allowed to go till the summer
  • Also, add the serious injury earlier in the season and the minor injury after return, are you going to get your moneys worth for 4 months worth of football. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2020
    Edit : wrong thread
  • It seems like that cos people are most likely making shit up.
  • Couldnt see any big bids coming in for him but I watched Bournemouth last night.

They are woeful in front of goal and are currently crying out for any sort of striker.
    Their top scorer is currently young Harry Wilson with 6.

I couldn’t help but think that a player like Lyle might be worth a punt for someone in their position.
    Villa have similar problems.
    You maybe right. Must be at least £10m for a Premiership striker and worth every penny if you stay up; and good for next season if you don’t.

If you don’t get him now you could lose out. Roll up. Roll up.
  • The longer this goes on, the chances of Lyle staying diminish. I wonder if southall fancies a cheeky approach to Wham and offering him in a swap deal with Cullen. Both out of contract at the end of the season and probably have similar market value. 
  • The longer this goes on, the chances of Lyle staying diminish. I wonder if southall fancies a cheeky approach to Wham and offering him in a swap deal with Cullen. Both out of contract at the end of the season and probably have similar market value. 
    Hmmm - I would imagine Cullen is worth considerably more than Taylor!

Surely the longer it goes on the more chance of him staying, until the summer anyway.