Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• edited January 2020
    Because " he doesn't want to play for us anymore so we're going to sell him" is a questionable marketing strategy? 
  • I believe that he will go the same way that Grant did. He will join a struggling Premier side with a big wage increase and the Kudos of being a premier league player and then be relegated and will score against us next season.
  • But Grant didn't score against us.
    More importantly, how much abuse would Lyle Taylor get? 
  • But Grant didn't score against us.
    More importantly, how much abuse would Lyle Taylor get? 
    He'd love it
  • I am pretty sure I read somewhere that Bowyer expected Taylor to be out for 2 games and would be back for Preston.Lets see!
  • I am pretty sure I read somewhere that Bowyer expected Taylor to be out for 2 games and would be back for Preston.Lets see!
    2-3 weeks... Said that after the West Brom cup game

So expect him back for Fulham or Barnsley
  • Now Gallagher has gone, we would be absolutely effin mental to sell Taylor !
    2-3 weeks... Said that after the West Brom cup game

So expect him back for Fulham or Barnsley
    Fulham is only 4 days after Preston so unlikely to be fit for that game either......that's why we brought the game forward. I mean, who wouldn't want to give their main striker the best opportunity to be fit for a game.
  • Now Gallagher has gone, we would be absolutely effin mental to sell Taylor !

To lose Gallagher can be regarded as misfortune, to lose Taylor looks like carelessness.

Oscar Wilde 
  • edited January 2020
    FFS, is it a tradition that we sell our best players in January? Gallagher, Grant, Holmes and Lookman from the last 4 seasons

Edit - wrong thread
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2020
  • Talal said:
    That's the most sensible post I've seen on here all day.

• edited January 2020
    Has he gone yet?

EDIT: Injured for a fortnight depart 31 Jan.

It's the Charlton way.
  • Oggy Red said:
    Talal said:
    That's the most sensible post I've seen on here all day.

I try. 
  • Right I’m gonna be that annoying poster who doesn’t name his source etc but I had a catch with someone yesterday who has got a source of such pretty close to Lyle.  You can believe me if you want or have a pop whatever I’m not bothered, but anyway here it goes. 

I was told yesterday he is not injured.  But what I was also told was that it could be rows over his contract not necessarily him wanting out.  Maybe the geeza I knows source is telling fibs etc but that’s what I’ve been told.  
    Was his name Colin?
  • Bowyer being quoted in the press "I don't think he'll go."

Just watched the interview on the website, totally taken out of context. Bowyer was asked if he thought Lyle would leave in January. Not if he'd leave in general. 
  • Has he travelled with the squad ?
  • Has he travelled with the squad ?
    I think he is still “injured”. 
  • Sponsored links:

• The plan was Barnsley return, so doubt he will travel today. 
  • shine166 said:
    The plan was Barnsley return, so doubt he will travel today. 
    Convenient that he is out "injured" all through the January window. Dont think we'll see him again unfortunately  
  • I`m sorry I don't buy for a second that he's injured. Personally I think he looked back at our team while being kicked all over the place and thought `I'm not get injured for this`. he knows that there will be interest and wants his big money move like Grant.
  • Could imagine he’d end up at leeds as desperate for a goalscorer or brentford who are pushing 
  • fenn3098 said:
    I`m sorry I don't buy for a second that he's injured. Personally I think he looked back at our team while being kicked all over the place and thought `I'm not get injured for this`. he knows that there will be interest and wants his big money move like Grant.
     TBF that's f******g disgraceful if true.
  • fenn3098 said:
    I`m sorry I don't buy for a second that he's injured. Personally I think he looked back at our team while being kicked all over the place and thought `I'm not get injured for this`. he knows that there will be interest and wants his big money move like Grant.
     TBF that's f******g disgraceful if true.
    Pure conjecture.
  • Hahaha please, if you’re following him on insta listen to song lyrics on his latest post, not even cryptic anymore.  I’d take it as a positive tho.
  • This whole charade concerning Taylor has to be settled once and for all, and preferably early this week. If the guy is determined to leave, then let him go now. The uncertainty must be having an effect on the rest of the playing group, and to many on the outside looking in, Taylor appears to be behaving in a subversive manner. I find it difficult to disagree with other posters who have suggested that Taylor is doing a 'Parker' (Scott, that is rather than Josh) and is doing his best to avoid suffering a real injury that might scupper his ambition of a big money move.
    With just 18 games remaining, Bowyer needs everyone singing from the same hymn sheet, and a discordant Taylor can only make the manager's task that much more difficult.

• For those not on Instagram;

“Same shit
    People start forgettin' what you've done for
    them
    Everyone in music's gonna take until there's nothin' left
    Your fans are switchin' up on you
    And they don't know how tough it gets
    Readin' through your old comments
    Tryna feel some love again”